IGNORED

Healing Earth New Amish

Peas n carrots

This made me LOL.

http://directory.ic.org/22805/Healing_Earth_New_Amish

Wanna be Amish who basically don't want to follow the Ordnung with a little new-agey stuff thrown in.

From their blog (their misson posted in 2008 when they were the Yavashuan Christian New Amish Church.

Welcome to F.A.R.R. or Farming and Ranching in Righteousness. We are a non-profit group dedicated to helping people raise food, animals and live more effectively. We are sponsored by the Y.C.N.A. or Yavashuan Christian New Amish church. We are a non-profit 501.c.3 charity organization as permitted by the IRS since 1989 and a "religious" mission church since 1999. I suppose we should explain what the name YCNA means. "Yavashuan Christian" simply means "true-name-of-Christ Christian". New Amish means we are a new Amish-like group based on the original 1500's confession of faith (see other Amish websites for complete printout of this). Like the Beachy Amish we are evangelical, that is we go out and try to teach everybody about us. Unlike other Amish sub-groups, we use horses whenever possible but do drive cars and trucks to work if we must. We wear any non-flashy modest clothing for men and women, long skirts or dresses when in public, anything comfortable when working outdoors not in public view, head covering for women and girls optional. We do desire our dress to reflect an inner personal piety, dignity, and grace. Clothes that would inflame the opposite sex are to be left behind when one joins the church. We are full gospel, believing in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues, full water baptism, and in the equality of the call of both men and women to preach and witness. We worship at home or in other buildings on the true Sabbath from Friday evening at sunset to Saturday evening at sunset. This leaves one free to attend other churches on Sunday or any other day of the week. People of all races and backgrounds are welcome. People who have been previously divorced for good reasons are considered. Jesus (Yavashua) said for one to go his or her way and to sin no more. In this we differ from all other Amish groups.

http://farmingandranchinginrighteousness.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=2

So who is going to let Tabby know about this group? I think they are totally up her alley!

ETA link

I think I can still comment...I can't quite tell if they are Torah keeping but they do Friday sundown/Saturday sundown. It seems like there is a little Pentecostal tongue speaking going on...I don't think she's gone down that road yet, so she may enjoy it!

Wait a second....they have 2 members?!?! :o :shock: :lol:

They'll more than double when Tabby joins!

They'll more than double when Tabby joins!

Well, true! Doesn't she have 2 kids at home? If her hubs joins, that will triple their numbers..that's just an explosion of growth (sorry to use an evangelical phrase!)

Is it bad that after reading through their site, these folks just make me go "Meh?"

Compared to other groups, they are just kind of cute in a weird way.

This made me LOL.

http://directory.ic.org/22805/Healing_Earth_New_Amish

Wanna be Amish who basically don't want to follow the Ordnung with a little new-agey stuff thrown in.

From their blog (their misson posted in 2008 when they were the Yavashuan Christian New Amish Church.

http://farmingandranchinginrighteousness.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=2

So who is going to let Tabby know about this group? I think they are totally up her alley!

ETA link

Tabby would love it. This group just makes me giggle. I somehow think their cultural appropriation would be right up Tabby's alley. Good Lord, they're a veritable sundae of religions. We've got all sorts of Amish groups, evangelicals, pentecostals, and, of course, Tabby's favorite, Yavashua, sprinkles of on top!

After reading through more of their stuff, I think they are more influenced by Seventh Day Adventists than Faux Jews.

I think I can still comment...I can't quite tell if they are Torah keeping but they do Friday sundown/Saturday sundown. It seems like there is a little Pentecostal tongue speaking going on...I don't think she's gone down that road yet, so she may enjoy it!

Sounds like the Sacred Namers=an offshoot of the Historic Seventh Day Adventist movement. Now they want to hybridize with Amish overtones. Weird.

Archived