IGNORED

Rebecca Eleventy praying for a husband...

alikat

I agree it's interesting that she knows so many women with health issues related to pregnancy. She mentioned awhile back that her own birth was traumatic, and then she's got that Audra woman (I think Audra's father is the pastor at their church if I've pieced that together right) and some woman named Leona (who I think was the dehydrated one and is married to a Donald, who I think is one of her dad's other kids). And I don't remember which family had the boy with the cleft palate. They just seem to know a lot of people who have difficult pregnancies/births/kids that aren't quite right.

I agree it's interesting that she knows so many women with health issues related to pregnancy. She mentioned awhile back that her own birth was traumatic, and then she's got that Audra woman (I think Audra's father is the pastor at their church if I've pieced that together right) and some woman named Leona (who I think was the dehydrated one and is married to a Donald, who I think is one of her dad's other kids). And I don't remember which family had the boy with the cleft palate. They just seem to know a lot of people who have difficult pregnancies/births/kids that aren't quite right.

I don't think it's that odd. Religious folks are often connected through prayer chains or prayer groups, wherein they get to hear the sordid details of others' lives all the time. I can think of a lot of folks who are part of such things to be better connected to the gossip, even though they cloak it with holiness and concern.

I also worked with a woman who was always having close friends dying left and right. She was constantly reaching out for emotional support at work and we were always trying to comfort her and were saddened by her bad luck in losing so many friends in such a short span of time. Then we found out that these deaths of "dear friends" had started when she joined the funeral committee at her church. :roll: Some people just need the attention, and for people like Rebecca, some people just don't have enough going on in their own lives and attach themselves to other people's trauma and drama.

I feel really bad for Rebecca.

I really hope she finds someone who won't exploit her, I still have this terrible feeling some loser will say "I love you wanna get married" then get her pregnant and leave her in a trailer.

I don't think it's that odd. Religious folks are often connected through prayer chains or prayer groups, wherein they get to hear the sordid details of others' lives all the time. I can think of a lot of folks who are part of such things to be better connected to the gossip, even though they cloak it with holiness and concern.

I also worked with a woman who was always having close friends dying left and right. She was constantly reaching out for emotional support at work and we were always trying to comfort her and were saddened by her bad luck in losing so many friends in such a short span of time. Then we found out that these deaths of "dear friends" had started when she joined the funeral committee at her church. :roll: Some people just need the attention, and for people like Rebecca, some people just don't have enough going on in their own lives and attach themselves to other people's trauma and drama.

I guess that's true -- people without enough of their own life can easily attach to other's trauma and drama just to have something to feel and talk about. Hmmmm. I think I've done that a few times in my own life! I would never have made it in the field of healthcare -- too many dying people!

And I, too, hope Rebecca!!!!!!!1111Eleventy avoids marrying someone who might exploit her simpleness. I guess the good thing is she probably doesn't have real high expectations based on her own nuclear family structure and living conditions. It looks like the interior of their trailer is well-kept, but it's still a trailer. And she's 21 and shares a bedroom with her sister. In a trailer.

Archived