IGNORED

Picture of Duggar and Bontrager daughters at ATi conference

lilith

She seems like the one girl (not counting Johanna on down) who really doesn't want or isn't cut out for the 'feminine' role her parents want for her. Jessa and Jinger to a lesser extent, but at least they seem okay with dressing the part and paying lip-service to the rest. Joy just looks miserable, I agree.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She seems like the one girl (not counting Johanna on down) who really doesn't want or isn't cut out for the 'feminine' role her parents want for her. Jessa and Jinger to a lesser extent, but at least they seem okay with dressing the part and paying lip-service. Joy just looks miserable.

I know a non-girlie girl when I see one and she's one.

I'm glad she's not in the older set, as I think her parents would have come down on her much harder. Being in the middle of the pack, she might have a shot to grow up with enough of own personality intact to reclaim it at some point later on.

Look at photo of Jennifer and tell me she doesn't come from the milkman-child don't resemble anybody!

250px-Jennifer.jpg

Hard to say yet, but I see essence of Boob. She's just more fair.

I think they pretty much all save Jinger and Josh look like JB,specifically in coloring.

This is the photo I was thinking of- more recent.Also, it looks like she might get Joys build.

jennifer.jpg

God, I hate those obnoxious flowers. They're beautiful little girls. Let them look natural, for crissakes.

Now you know so many of these women and girls have vacant or spacey looks:The parents attach brain sucking amoebas to them at birth :think: I think Vision Forum sells them by the case ;)

Jana and Jessa are looking really good on that picture. Especially Jana is a natural beauty, if you ask me. Jinger really is a little-Michelle and has lost her natural skin color months ago. I gues she'd be really cute, if she stopped using that lotion and let her hair grow naturally. Jill holds her head awkward.

God, I hate those obnoxious flowers. They're beautiful little girls. Let them look natural, for crissakes.

QFT!! I don't how they do it...especially since Boob is far from handsome. But most of their kids are really good looking!

Jennifer is such a pretty little girl, sadly I think she and Jordyn get seriously overlooked because of Josie Miracle Child.

I think Jill looks like she's stooping to not look so tall or something - she looks like she's got a tall, slender build.

And yeah, I don't know how JB and Jchelle got such gorgeous kids! Even Josh was good-looking before he started eating so much crap. Michelle was pretty in her younger, pre-brainwashing days though.

I know a non-girlie girl when I see one and she's one.

I'm glad she's not in the older set, as I think her parents would have come down on her much harder. Being in the middle of the pack, she might have a shot to grow up with enough of own personality intact to reclaim it at some point later on.

I've often wondered if it gets to the point where the older girls are finally allowed to marry and JB J'Chelle are older, and tired, if they will be able to be as vigilant with child-raising as they were when they were younger. I sense the younger kids will have much more freedom.

It is amazing out of all those kids only Jinger and Josh look the least bit like Michelle.

Wow! I think Jana looks the most like Michelle. Stick Jinger's hair and her and it's pretty close!

Every time I go to a secondhand store, all they have is stuff that looks like it came out of some dead old person's closet. Nothing fashionable, or even retro-fashionable.

Mmm, I don't know-it does vary widely on area. If I want something that seems pretty recent and more fashionable then I'll pay the higher prices at our Junior League thrift store-those clothes do seem more fashionable. I guess-I don't really follow that kind of stuff much. I like L.L. Bean and Talbots clothes and find those at Goodwill.

Every time I go to a secondhand store, all they have is stuff that looks like it came out of some dead old person's closet. Nothing fashionable, or even retro-fashionable.

They may also shop a consignment stores or stores like Plato's Closet where more fashionable clothes are available for less than retail, but more than a thrift store. Other options would be TJ Maxx type stores, or a the Ralph Lauren factory outlet. Also could be a gift (if a kid can get a decent chess set for his birthday, the older girls should be able to ask for an expensive shirt). Or really good luck on the clearance racks.

Wow! I think Jana looks the most like Michelle. Stick Jinger's hair and her and it's pretty close!

???? Really? I think Jana looks more like Jim Bob, which is crazy because I think she's the prettiest of the older girls. I see NO hint of MIchelle in her!

Exactly-I thought she was his clone. To each her own :) But you can see a mini Joy in looking at Hannie or most photos of her.

Look at photo of Jennifer and tell me she doesn't come from the milkman-child don't resemble anybody!

I think Jennifer looks like a mini-Jana.

l.jpg

I see some Michelle. But a lot of Jim Bob.

That is definitely JB's smile.

They may also shop a consignment stores or stores like Plato's Closet where more fashionable clothes are available for less than retail, but more than a thrift store. Other options would be TJ Maxx type stores, or a the Ralph Lauren factory outlet. Also could be a gift (if a kid can get a decent chess set for his birthday, the older girls should be able to ask for an expensive shirt). Or really good luck on the clearance racks.

Yeah, if I want to find second-hand clothes that are fashionable or from expensive brands, I have to shop at Value Village (which is in the same price range as Wal Mart) as opposed to those little second hand stores that are actually cheap. At that point "buy used and save the difference" becomes bullshit because you could buy new clothes for the same price, but it is useful if you insist on wearing name brands or if you buy used for environmental/ethical reasons.

It definitely looks like Joy is .... than her older sisters.

I don't mean to slap wrists but Joy is at the age where girls are really insecure about their bodies. I would hate for her to read this online and start feeling self-conscious about herself. They have enough pressure from their parents to be "perfect". Sorry, it's just such a sore spot for me. I was really awkward at 13/14 and it sucked. Just my thoughts.

I don't mean to slap wrists but Joy is at the age where girls are really insecure about their bodies. I would hate for her to read this online and start feeling self-conscious about herself. They have enough pressure from their parents to be "perfect". Sorry, it's just such a sore spot for me. I was really awkward at 13/14 and it sucked. Just my thoughts.

Much as I'd love her to be able to, there is no possible way Joy is ever going to read this thread.

Sorry, I didn't mean anything negative by it.

All of the girls are beautiful, at any age. Well, in that frumper stage in the early specials Jana and Jill looked a bit awkward, but they're both beautiful now. And I don't think Joy looks awkward at all. She's very lucky to be so pretty in the stage where so many girls are bound to look...well, awkward. It's definitely a good thing that the girls aren't forced into frumpers anymore. I really hope the Duggar girls don't have body image issues, because they're the last people who should.

I think all the guys are good-looking too, well Josh was before he became Smuggar.

Much as I'd love her to be able to, there is no possible way Joy is ever going to read this thread.

:lol: The thought of Joy having the freedom to poke around on the internet and go to whatever site she pleases is hilarious. Not gonna happen.

If you poke further into the blog, there are pics of the Bates singing at an event at the Bontragers home and more pics with the Duggars. It appears the Bontragers accompanied them on their trip to New York and Niagra Falls that was filmed for the show.

I'll try to get links, it's tricky on my iPad and the pics don't seem to be on individual page links.

://2.bp.blogspot.com/-O-Vh-Mg01X0/TfDPc6B54JI/AAAAAAAAC9M/gvcBc5cxnK0/s1600/IMG_0199.jpg

Ok, got it. Broken link above, more to come

//4.bp.blogspot.com/-zCYcfZWWEFs/TfJdk0yiy7I/AAAAAAAAC9s/wjDIFB7k0mg/s1600/IMG_0187.jpg

://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8RKmPKQ78O8/Te_412t7JLI/AAAAAAAAC8A/_rL8WhdSznI/s1600/IMG_0298.jpg

://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WY9FQ7vjPZg/Te_DQxFotvI/AAAAAAAAC70/bq67Z2VXQI0/s1600/IMG_0269.JPG

://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mA7n6si7rmE/Te7dQU5FSRI/AAAAAAAAC6g/t1eWlfK5N2s/s1600/IMG_0133.jpg

Will find and copy Bates links soon

Archived