IGNORED

Picture of Duggar and Bontrager daughters at ATi conference

lilith

So who wants to guess why JD has 2 iPhones attached to his hip? He's either THAT important or he's holding lazy ol' Smuggar's for him.

yeah I saw that too. Who needs two iphones? Maybe one personal one "business"? :lol:

And whoever the girl is on Jinger's right (can't tell them apart), I like the dress, although it does look a tad maternity.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And whoever the girl is on Jinger's right (can't tell them apart), I like the dress, although it does look a tad maternity.

That's Jessa. It does look maternity, but at least it's a change from the usual denim skirt.

Jinger doesn't have naturally curly hair. I just watched the old On the Road special this morning and her hair didn't even hold the "Little House" overnight braiding that the girls were doing before the perms. I think Jinger is perming and putting pomade on it for shine. I remember seeing a pic during the Santorum campaign when she'd straightened it (the flatiron and the 2" barrel curling iron seem to be their devices of choice these days) and she looked just awful.

Jessa is the only one who has naturally curly hair and Joy got the thick gene from her dad. And right now, she really looks like Josiah facially now that she's lost her baby fat (and is in need of a looser shirt...holy boobies, Batman).

There's an early episode where Jinger gets her first perm. IIRC, it's the same episode where the little boys ride the bicycles at the secondhand store.

Yes, Jessa has naturally curly hair. So does Baby Josie, but it might straighten out as she grows older. (That's what happens to all the curly-haired babies in my family.) In recent photos, Jeremiah can be seen sporting a longer-than-usual hairstyle and he has curly hair too.

So who wants to guess why JD has 2 iPhones attached to his hip? He's either THAT important or he's holding lazy ol' Smuggar's for him.

Smuggar is so lazy he needs someone else to take Instagram photos of his food for him.

I play fiddle. (not much these days as there aren't a lot of fiddle groups around here...) but their fiddle girl isn't too bad and their banjo son is actually quite good but needs more years. Banjo is challenging and he is promising! I'd love to play with him some day (yes... I'm speakin' of the fiddle, ladies!)

If the singing gal wasn't quite so, uh, grating, I'd put them on my "gospel" playlist.

I don't even own A iphone! (sigh)

Either Ralph Lauren decided to sponsor the Duggars or someone is shellin' out a lot of $$ on polos and such! WTF?

I didn't like the pic of Joy. To me she's on the cusp of childwoman. I think we're going to see quite a change in the next 6 months. My prediction; she'll be wearing makeup full time and just might get that first perm!

I don't even own A iphone! (sigh)

Either Ralph Lauren decided to sponsor the Duggars or someone is shellin' out a lot of $$ on polos and such! WTF?

I didn't like the pic of Joy. To me she's on the cusp of childwoman. I think we're going to see quite a change in the next 6 months. My prediction; she'll be wearing makeup full time and just might get that first perm!

Ralph Lauren ain't gonna sponsor the Duggars, that's certain. Jill has always struck me as the high maintenance leading girl of the group. She's very moi, moi, moi and I. So I'm not surprised she secured the expensive piece of clothing.

Joy just looks off. She's definitely being pushed into "womanhood". It's sad to see her transition in what appears to be a very forced manner. Gone are the childhood tomboy days now.

Jinger has been sporting a forced smile for a long time now. Every time I see her on camera during an Umpteenth baby & counting episode these days, she's smiling like an unhappy Cheshire Cat.

Poor Jana. Really. She looks tired... I wonder what they did to reboot her lately. Another camp session?

Long, loose hair is probably seen as more feminine. It's also more restrictive imo.

It is restrictive, but wearing one's hair down also signifies leisure (can you imagine chasing after toddlers with waist-length loose hair?!) and doesn't fit into the fundie idea of the woman who's always working hard for her family. A crown braid like Joy's is just as feminine, practical, and works with the whole "women should look after their appearance" thing, because crown braids are HARD.

Jessa's dress looks decent (could have gone down a size maybe?), compared to those awful denim skirts, but she ruined the look with that shirt underneath. I doubt it would have been that revealing if she had left out the shirt.

Same with Joy. Why wear a shirt underneath a button down to the point where the button down becomes too small? All the pics (non-show) are of her with no light in her eyes. She doesn't seem genuinely happy in any of them.

Jinger needs to stop forcing her smiles. Maybe there is still hope that she will be freed from the Gothard life once the famewhoring is gone.

I'm just waiting for all the Gothardites to find out that they've been duped by a childless, unmarried idiot who probably gets horny for women with long, wavy hair.

It looks like John David is explaining something, and he has all the attention of the other boys at the table. He's so quiet on TV, but I bet he's more outgoing when the cameras aren't around.

I don't blame him. I maintain that him keeping his distance from the camera is a sign that he's smarter than the other boys (for all we know some of the girls don't want to either but don't have that liberty).

Smuggar is so lazy he needs someone else to take Instagram photos of his food for him.

I think you've just laid ground for a whole new genre of jokes along the line of those stupid "Your momma is so..." jokes. :clap:

Maybe someone went and got theirs confiscated. :naughty:

I was thinking the same thing... probably playing on that there Internet without using the filter........

If they do still do some of their shopping secondhand it could explain both the Ralph Lauren shirt and the misfit on the clothes. I love how some brands fit but can't afford them in stores and Goodwill is often the answer for me.

If they do still do some of their shopping secondhand it could explain both the Ralph Lauren shirt and the misfit on the clothes. I love how some brands fit but can't afford them in stores and Goodwill is often the answer for me.

Every time I go to a secondhand store, all they have is stuff that looks like it came out of some dead old person's closet. Nothing fashionable, or even retro-fashionable.

I can't help but notice the visible shoulders (NIKE!!) of the bride on the picture at the bottom...

It is amazing out of all those kids only Jinger and Josh look the least bit like Michelle.

True that Jinger is the only older girl that resembles Michelle. Hard to tell with the little girls yet (although I think Jordyn was switched with another couple's baby at the hospital) and I think a few of the howlers will end up looking more like her as they get older. Jed comes to mind especially; he doesn't have any of JB's (sorry, kids) horsey features and seems to me to be a much better looking version of Josh.

I started watching the show because I'm always fascinated about how the gene pool plays out, and that family provides such a wide spectrum.

Jill looks a LOT like Michelle imo.

Funny how people see things differently. To me, she looks mostly like Jim Bob.

Jill looks a LOT like Michelle imo.

Well, her middle name is Michelle. :lol:

I agree that the Duggars are interesting for the many different ways genetics can play out. It definitely looks like Joy is heavier set than her older sisters.

It definitely looks like Joy is heavier set than her older sisters.

She is now for sure. Could be stress eating being stuck in the kitchen all day though, and not gettting out to ride her bike anymore.

I feel sorry for all of those kids, but Joy makes me especially un-joyful. :(

Archived