IGNORED

Review of Maxwell Seminars

0 kids n not countin

Now, I don't know if there's a name for their particular brand of theology

there's not a name for it. it's all in steve's tiny brain.

at least she spelled tract right! SOTDRT win!

(edited to fix tags)

Lemonbalm you had more guts than me!!

Im impressed and sad sad sad that the girls are seriously koolaided up.

I was wearing jeans and a nicer shirt, no headship or quiver, also some men looked at me and looked away but the irganizer couldn't have been nicer - so long as I smiled & nodded & said the right things. And yep I am the elusive Jinger Freeh, but I'm not the star of that escapade: the true star is the person here who pored over the Maxwell's photo of the artwork and found the signature!!

Yes I did, I had read the Maxwell blog for ages and just wanted to see what they were like in person. And.. :shifty: . I drove about 3 hours to get to the conference it was at NR Annas families church (back in 2010) . Here is the post they did: FIXED LINK, sorry i posted their spring Port Orchard Conference not their Fall, whoops (went to both spring I left two second in due to the baby I had throwing up).

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2010/10/28/port-orchard-conference/

I am in the third photo, points if you can pick me out correctly. ;) I also met the women in the second to last photo and her girls before that photo with sarah.

For one thing I doned on my best "fundy" attire which in the NW makes you stick out A LOT, when I stopped for gas people stared at me for awhile. Once I arrived thought I felt a little more comfortable. When I pulled in the men outside automatically glanced over as I got out, maybe expecting to see my headship and quiver? Sadly, they were disappointed since it was just me, maybe I was a bit too defrauding because they looked away. I walked inside, it was actually a pretty small conference, all the ladies seemed to know each other and the kids were all pretty well behaved. Now i realize they were abused into submission but at the time I was pretty impressed.

To be honest I went and saw Teri speak and saw something by Anna, I really do not remember much of the content but Anna's made me want to fall asleep, she presented it with her brother and OH MEEE GAWD. I have sat through philosophy classes for hours and they were EXCITING in comparison.

Between the two sessions when I was sitting a little girl maybe 11 or 12 came to talk to me (I look young for my age and was alone), she is actually pictured in NR Annas wedding here:

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2010/10/29/wedding-pictures-3/

She is the little blonde to the left, I am pretty sure she has albinism but that is my best non-medical thought. She was extremely polite and asked me my name and where I was from, she told me about a wedding coming up (photos above) and how excited she was. I asked her if she was excited to get married and she just lit up and began talking about her wedding plans, it was adorable and sweet and probably the most "secular" teen girl thing I heard all night. She told me she had like 8 or so siblings, i forget now and I asked her if she had a favorite. She leaned over a whispered a siblings name and giggled telling me she taught her how to sew underclothes. :naughty: I have worked in many non-profits doing social work even before a degree, since I was a young teen, I am used to kids readily talking to me and telling me things so this did not shock me until a year or so later when I realized how private and "sinful" it was for her to tell me that.

Anyway we chatted for a few more seconds and then Annas talk was up and she scampered to collect a child who was climbing on a chair and take them to her mother. After that I actually had Anna and Sarah themselves come talk to me, they asked me about my plans and I told them I was in school. They were SHOCKED beyond belief. They attempted to tell me the benefits of being a SAHD and I politely smiles and nodded. Another girl was part of the discussion and she said all her friends just graduated and were going to college and she had a hard time explaining she was staying home. The sadness in her eyes was remarkable and I just wanted to hug her, of course the Maxwell girls encouraged her in her choice. After another few minutes of discussion about pot pie recipes and Sarah telling me about writing a book we parted ways. In the foyer I walked up to teri, because I am a rebel and more or less lied asking advice about a friend outside the home who I thought may be having a bad influence. She told me that having friends outside the home was opening a door to sin and they made sure not to allow their kids to get close to anyone outside the home. I was impressed that she even took the time to talk and then pray for me, but she did. Her prayer actually really shocked me, maybe it is just me but I thought it was a nice gesture she even offered. I left feeling terrible it was a lie...

I went to the book table last and picked up managers of their school and Mary helped me look through the books. One of the younger boys checked me out and when he accidentally touched my hand when I passed him cash he almost looked like he was about to pass out and then he apologized. I may or may not have said it was ok and when he gave me my change I may or may not have purposefully grazed his hand again. :whistle:

If you have any questions feel free to ask but that was the basics it was two years ago. :D

I was at that same workshop, in fact I prepared the before dinner meal for the family and Anna's family, and we ate with them all. I then repeated the experience in their next stop in South King County, where again I cooked and they ate--tri tip which they loved. I made more than enough and bought them good bread so they could make sandwiches on Uriah the next few days.

Lemonbalm,

I am so totally in awe. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Me too! Thanks for sharing.

And now we have Dowager Duchess too! All this Maxwell insider info., I love it!

DD, how'd you come to make dinner for the Maxwells? You must have gotten to know them a little during the dinners.

Tell us all about it!

Guest Anonymous

I was at that same workshop, in fact I prepared the before dinner meal for the family and Anna's family, and we ate with them all. I then repeated the experience in their next stop in South King County, where again I cooked and they ate--tri tip which they loved. I made more than enough and bought them good bread so they could make sandwiches on Uriah the next few days.

Are they friends of yours? Doesn't it bother you that Steve reads here and will know exactly who you are?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting an insiders' view on the family, but I am always surprised when people 'turn in' their own friends/church family circle to a snark forum....

Are they friends of yours? Doesn't it bother you that Steve reads here and will know exactly who you are?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy getting an insiders' view on the family, but I am always surprised when people 'turn in' their own friends/church family circle to a snark forum....

I want to know this as well. Since your spilling, give us more info. I specifically want to know more about Sarah's chances of getting a man and how Mel and Anna fit into the family.

Guest Anonymous

I want to know this as well. Since your spilling, give us more info. I specifically want to know more about Sarah's chances of getting a man and how Mel and Anna fit into the family.

Clibby - you are my personal favourite fundie watcher because you and Demgirl went to such lengths to get your outfits and stories straight before you went - I laughed for weeks on those old threads.... was that here or on yuku? I would love to re-read..... :lol:

I know that fundies like to one up each other and Steve-O is a major douche, do you think that he would find a man for Sarah and force her to marry him(he'll "pray" about it of course) without the two even meeting before the wedding day? Think about it, Mel and Nathan were allowed to touch, then NR-Anna and Christopher weren't even allowed to do that. I think it's a scary possibility.

Clibby - you are my personal favourite fundie watcher because you and Demgirl went to such lengths to get your outfits and stories straight before you went - I laughed for weeks on those old threads.... was that here or on yuku? I would love to re-read..... :lol:

LOL, thanks. we really did work hard to fit in there. I think its on yuku.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/7233/clibbyjo-and-demgirl-go-get-em?page=1 :D

Anna was there in the beginning of the conference I was at, it was right after or before the wedding I think. She seemed to fit in well and was almost revered by the family in some odd way...

Archived