IGNORED

What not to wear turns homemake into easy sleazy

I don't think wearing yoga pants for everyday or casual wear is in itself much of a sin, the "problem" on the show seemed to be people who did not have the ability to exchange them for a more appropriate outfit when the occasion called for it.

And, "jeans" is a very wide term... randing from awful "mom" jeans and jeans with extensive tears that are in no way flattering or professional to very upscale looking, tailored pairs. I know I have "dress" pairs and "around the house" pairs.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I have soldering jeans, hanging out jeans, and going out jeans.

I don't think wearing yoga pants for everyday or casual wear is in itself much of a sin, the "problem" on the show seemed to be people who did not have the ability to exchange them for a more appropriate outfit...
This. Also, I'm assuming we all wear (at least nominally) clean clothes in approximately the right size and aren't see through. Seriously cover all of your swimsuit parts with clean, appropriately sized clothes and you will never a) end up on People of Wal-Mart and b) no one will truly even notice what you're wearing. (Maybe don't wear yoga pants to your cousin's wedding though.)

Maybe the "issue" with yoga pants is the over-sexualization of them these days? There aren't websites/twitter accounts dedicated to pics of ladies in jeans or in slacks-but there are more than a few of "girls in yoga pants".

I just tend to wear jeans because my thighs are thick and need the extra thickness of the fabric to contain them :)

I am not working this summer and I am staying home with my kids, so I am basically living in shorts. I am in a hot environment - it's supposed to get into the high 90's over the next few days - and shorts are the most comfortable. They are also prevalent. The kids are on a swim team, so I need to be comfortable while waiting on the pool chairs during their practice and swim meets (though I'm sure that some of the fundies would not approve of large numbers of kids parading around in swimsuits. But most of them wear one-pieces to the practices, since two piece swimsuits are not as conducive to competitive swim). I also wear shorts to the grocery store, library, etc. They are not short shorts - I am currently overweight, and would not subject the viewing public to that torture ;) - no Walmart website for me....

However, if I go somewhere a little nicer or into a more professional environment, I'll wear capris/pants.

I'm working at home this summer so I can do the summer camp shuffle with the kids and I wear loose capri pants and a t-shirt. I hate my having my thighs stick to my office chair so shorts are out and jeans are too hot this time of year. I realize the capris make my short legs look shorter but I've learned to live with it. I don't find jeans very comfortable, maybe I'm buying the wrong kinds but they tend to pinch my ladybits. I live in yoga pants in the winter too!

Hmm...for me, fashion is fun and a way to express myself. I have my days where I phone it in, but then I'm not happy with myself...I suppose because I know I'm putting in a half assesd effort.

I work in the retail industry as well, and I meet with clients/potential clients a lot, so my wardrobe choice has to reflect well on my company. Thankfully, I have a lot of latitude with my fashion choices, and basically as long as I'm not in grungy clothes or workout clothes and I'm reasonably modest I can wear whatever I want and have whatever hair style/hair color I want.

I think it is a cop out to say you have to spend a lot to look good. Seem body types ate hard to fit, and it takes a lot more effort but I don't thinks one literally has no options. TBH I get a lot of my clothes from high end thrift stores and Marshalls/TJ Maxx/H&M. I also have a lot of plain tops which I kick up a notch with scarves & accessories.

Hmm...for me, fashion is fun and a way to express myself. I have my days where I phone it in, but then I'm not happy with myself...I suppose because I know I'm putting in a half assesd effort.

I work in the retail industry as well, and I meet with clients/potential clients a lot, so my wardrobe choice has to reflect well on my company. Thankfully, I have a lot of latitude with my fashion choices, and basically as long as I'm not in grungy clothes or workout clothes and I'm reasonably modest I can wear whatever I want and have whatever hair style/hair color I want.

I think it is a cop out to say you have to spend a lot to look good. Seem body types ate hard to fit, and it takes a lot more effort but I don't thinks one literally has no options. TBH I get a lot of my clothes from high end thrift stores and Marshalls/TJ Maxx/H&M. I also have a lot of plain tops which I kick up a notch with scarves & accessories.

See, and the thrift stores around me? NOTHING. Went looking in one yesterday for just you know, normal maternity pants? The selection of maternity clothing consisted of a few blouses that were wayyyy too small on me, a bunch of the ugliest jeans I've ever seen- tapered legs & stonewashed *shudder* and the crowning glory? a tent like denim frumper. (I almost bought the frumper simply to put on, take a picture and put it on the FJ facebook page as a huge joke )

See, and the thrift stores around me? NOTHING. Went looking in one yesterday for just you know, normal maternity pants? The selection of maternity clothing consisted of a few blouses that were wayyyy too small on me, a bunch of the ugliest jeans I've ever seen- tapered legs & stonewashed *shudder* and the crowning glory? a tent like denim frumper. (I almost bought the frumper simply to put on, take a picture and put it on the FJ facebook page as a huge joke )

Next time you are up on the Northshore try Haddasah or the ORT resale in Highland Park. There is also a maternity/baby resale store in Evanston...the name I believe is Hand Me Downs. There is another one in Wilmette too called My Mommy's Secret.

Next time you are up on the Northshore try Haddasah or the ORT resale in Highland Park. There is also a maternity/baby resale store in Evanston...the name I believe is Hand Me Downs. There is another one in Wilmette too called My Mommy's Secret.

I might go up there today. Just for shits and giggles. I kinda need to go to vogue fabrics.....

Archived