IGNORED

7 Sisters find Sarah's "Moody" books "edifying

IReallyAmHopewell

The youngest sister is 10. That means the three youngest are, what? 10,12 & 14, and still diggin' the Moodys?

What a strange world.

Also, vis-a-vis posing on RR tracks, 3 words: Fried Green Tomatoes.

To be fair (not that they would return the favor) lots of of RR tracks in USA are abandoned.

Sorry to give disrepect..

IN the UK fundies, Maxwells or people should never play near raillways. - they can travel in the UK upto 250km/ph SPLAT

The ones near my house are busy. Trains every 15 minutes at the peak. I can't imagine playing around there, or even standing so close to the tracks when a train passes at speed.

edit, riffles

IN the UK fundies, Maxwells or people should never play near raillways. - they can travel in the UK upto 250km/ph SPLAT

Not to mention that electric trains are common, and that on some lines, the electric cable runs along the track rather than overhead. So if you went onto the track then you'd get electrocuted.

The ones near my house are busy. Trains every 15 minutes at the peak. I can't imagine playing around there, or even standing so close to the tracks when a train passes at speed.

It's even more frequent than that at my local station (which, to be fair, is only 20 minutes into London on a fast train). I wouldn't set foot on the tracks there in a million years.

Just snarking around their website and they seem to spend most of their time playing on railway tracks, keeping that up, they'll be coming home quite soon.

:o

Good Gosh, do they really think that their "So Many Possibilities" clip is funny??

I'm one that can laugh at almost anything, but that?

Who are these girls?

Nice to see their youtube comments are disabled. I see why!

Were these the ones who found flowers "on the side of the road", basically stealing a roadside memorial?

Were these the ones who found flowers "on the side of the road", basically stealing a roadside memorial?

No, that was the Gradys.

These are the ones with the dirty feet, dubious teeth and scraggly eyebrows.

Did they have that fetishistic Pinterest page dedicated to "cute African babies" or whatever it was?

How sad to think that the sisters' lives are so restricted that the Moody books are edifying. Does anyone besides an extreme fundie use the word edify?

The sisters do seem happy; at least they have each other. Too bad they don't have more brothers to live with in their old age. The boys are most likely going to have to take them in when the parents are gone. One will have three additional sisters to support and the other four, as courtships have not been happening for any of the older girls. I think it would be very difficult for the sisters to leave each other if any young man did come calling on Daddy.

Just snarking around their website and they seem to spend most of their time playing on railway tracks, keeping that up, they'll be coming home quite soon.

:o

That first one is, um, wow. :?

Does anyone besides an extreme fundie use the word edify?

Yes. But surely not about preachy children's books.

These are the ones with the dirty feet, dubious teeth and scraggly eyebrows.

Did they have that fetishistic Pinterest page dedicated to "cute African babies" or whatever it was?

Yes, but I think it was 'Cute Chinese Babies', and not only that, half the babies weren't actually Chinese.

One of the other videos of them on Youtube is four of them singing "I'll Fly Away". I have to admit that they are decent singers and harmonize well. A lot better than the Bates that's for sure!

One of the other videos of them on Youtube is four of them singing "I'll Fly Away". I have to admit that they are decent singers and harmonize well. A lot better than the Bates that's for sure!

They really can sing! I was very impressed. If they had some additional training I think they could have a little touring group. SOOOO much better than the Duggers, Bates and the Maxwells. I like that they sang some spirituals and some some standard church hymns. Clearly, the parents allow them to have some exposure to different types of music- even if it's all religious. At least it's different types of music.

I have read some excerpts from the Moody books, and just cannot imagine them appealing to anyone over the age of 9. They have no characterization and very little plot. It is bizarre that teenagers and even some grown women still have these as their favorite books. I know that it's because they have so little they are "allowed" to read. I also suspect that the very low reading level of the books keeps them popular. Many fundies probably have a pretty low literacy level.

I always wondered what they do all day to keep from being bored silly. They must spend a considerable amount of time practicing their music and their singing. They really are good.

Does anyone know if they travel and sing at churches, etc.?

:shock:

That medley was crap. Yes, it was better than Josh (but anything would be better than Josh) and I suppose it was better than Alyssa and Tori Bates yodelling "nay-il it to the craw-oss". Still wasn't good.

I have often thought the Maxwell boys should court the older girls. The girls certainly fit the Maxwell mold with the long hair and homemade frumpers. What is there for Father Steve to veto about them.

I have often thought the Maxwell boys should court the older girls. The girls certainly fit the Maxwell mold with the long hair and homemade frumpers. What is there for Father Steve to veto about them.

Lots. They clearly have a lot of fun together, which I presume is encouraged by their parents, and from comments on their blog it appears that they have some 'outside' friends (personal friends, not 'whole family friends' in the Maxwell sense). They are not stand-offish on their blog, and seem way, way more relaxed and friendly than the Maxwells. They seem to enjoy having contact with the secular world - they post often about their secular activities, and quite regularly post cartoons, funny pictures, secular quotes etc. on their site, which you would never see the Maxwells doing. Religion isn't nearly as 'in your face' on their blog as it is on the Maxwell one. Sure, every now and then the Seven Sisters write a post about their faith, but they don't relate every.single.little.thing they do to religion, and they don't seem to go round telling people that they're going to hell. I don't think that the Maxwells would touch them, and to be frank I wouldn't wish a Maxwell on any of the sisters in a million years anyway.

Their mother wears pants. Tight, lycra workout pants. They are clearly the spawn of a worldly harlot, no matter how sweet they seem, no matter how modest the frumpers.

And they cover their heads. God has clearly told Steve that a woman's headship is all the covering she needs, thank you very much. They are also clearly heretics of the worst kind!

And they very possibly make idols of the Moody books. Why are they rereading them instead of the bible? Frivolous hussies!!

Perhaps their enjoyment of the Moody books and their "edifying" effect speaks to the level of education they are receiving at the SOTDRT.

Perhaps their enjoyment of the Moody books and their "edifying" effect speaks to the level of education they are receiving at the SOTDRT.

Or maybe they are making a backhanded pitch for a Maxwell, now that Joseph has a house and all.

I am prepared to overlook their love for the Moody books, if only those grown ass women would quit calling their mother "Mommy." Just quit already!! :roll:

I am prepared to overlook their love for the Moody books, if only those grown ass women would quit calling their mother "Mommy." Just quit already!! :roll:

Meh. My mother, who is in her sixties, calls her mother "Mommy" and called her father "Daddy." It's a southern thing, as I understand it. However, she doesn't refer to her as "Mommy" to outright strangers the way the Seven Sisters do on their blog. She would say, "My mother..." or whatever. And to me and my brother she refers to her mother with the name we call her, which is the Yiddish word for grandmother. Anyway, one on one, I don't think "Mommy" and "Daddy" are that weird (I mean it's also how we refer to my mother and father to my dog, so we'll say "Go find, Mommy" and she knows who to go to, even though that's not how I refer to my parents anymore). I think referring to them that way publicly to strangers is weird, though, the way they do.

Pomology,

You are right. It's not calling her that, as much as it's writing and referring to her as that. I am from the South. I honestly can't imagine calling my mother "mommy," but I do call her "mama," so I guess it's not much difference. If I were writing about her though, I'd say "my mother." For some reason, even though the "mommy" thing is weird to me, I do still call my dad, "daddy." I don't know what the difference is.

Archived