IGNORED

Why the Duggars Allow Themselves to Be Filmed for TV

Visionoyahweh

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/fa ... ed-tv.html

It's not a show. It is our life. And so they're just catching glimpses of it. When we walked through the miscarriage of Jubilee or the challenges of Josie being in the NICU, the film crew was there. We didn't tell them no. We felt like it was a part of life that probably many other people experience, and that as we walked through it, we felt like we needed to be open with people about those things.

What is this, I don't even?

The other day I went to the store and someone said, "I can't believe you're here by yourself. You mean you don't have security with you?" And I was like, "No, I'm a mom. I really don't have a security guard going with me everywhere I go. I'm going to get diapers and milk."

"Fuck you, Kate."

My heart's desire is not to allow myself to be puffed up by the fact that some people recognize me.

There are no words.

I read that article earlier. It is a BS article. A lot of the shit that airs is staged. Jubliee and Josie events weren't staged, but a lot of the other stuff is. The Duggars are on the bottom of the reality show popularity totem pole and they really don't generate enough interest to need security with them in public. Some people that have more fame than the Duggars, rarely use security/bodyguards unless they are threats or possible concerns. I have also heard and read that the Duggars don't get a whole of attention in their hometown.

My heart's desire is not to allow myself to be puffed up by the fact that some people recognize me.

I just can't let this one go. Then why do they hand out tracts with their pictures? Invite random fans than recognize them home?

Second, if we have an extra-busy week -- we have a lot going on family-wise with dental appointments, doctor appointments, etc. -- they'll work with our schedule.

I love how medical appointments are "busy" to the Duggars. No activities for the kids, no visits to real museums - dental appointments.

I love how medical appointments are "busy" to the Duggars. No activities for the kids, no visits to real museums - dental appointments.

Nineteen kids is a lot of dental appointments!

(sarcasm)

The Duggars are using their show to reach people for Christ. There are many fundies and conservative Christians who believe that they are ambassadors for their religion so everything that they do is caluclated to win converts. As a Christian, I was told often that my reactions to events could influence nonChristians. Get in a carwreck? Smile at everyone and don't show annoyance because your happy, happy attitude might win someone to Christ. Responsibility for someone else's soul is a heavy burden to carry

Because of my experiences, I confess to viewing a lot of Christians with suspicion. Is the Christian showing false emotions or calmness just to impress me with their faith or are they really a nice person trying to help?

While I'm glad they take the kids for dental care, isn't it twice a year for the younger ones? Are the older 3 that have braces allowed to drive themselves? I know my neighbors that have 2 kids in braces & they kids go once a month and have appointments at the same time.

I think what she can't say is that TLC works around our religious commitments that they refuse to film because it would turn off viewers if they knew our real beliefs.

http://parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-matters/why-duggars-allow-themselves-be-filmed-tv.html

What is this, I don't even?

"Fuck you, Kate."

There are no words.

But don't you understand? Getting divorced in fundieland is intolerable! This is Michelle trying to convince people that she's not an attention whore. Michelle: See, when people recognize me in public, I don't care! See, when people recognize me in public, I don't care! See, when people recognize me in public, I don't care! The Duggar parents and Josh are attention whores.

While I'm glad they take the kids for dental care, isn't it twice a year for the younger ones? Are the older 3 that have braces allowed to drive themselves? I know my neighbors that have 2 kids in braces & they kids go once a month and have appointments at the same time.

I think what she can't say is that TLC works around our religious commitments that they refuse to film because it would turn off viewers if they knew our real beliefs.

I wondered about the appointments. Dentists and dental hygienists recommend 2 cleanings/checkups a year for children and adults. If a patient passes a checkup with a clean bill, they only have to wait another six months for the next checkup/cleaning. My guess is that maybe some of the kids have had cavities and Mullet has had to work the schedules around for the filling appointments. With braces, there are usually the once a month appointments. I know Joy has braces and I think Josiah has them.

Second, if we have an extra-busy week -- we have a lot going on family-wise with dental appointments, doctor appointments, etc. -- they'll work with our schedule

Puh-leeze! This is TV, the crew can't just waltz into a dentist's office and start filming. They have to get permission, set-up, get releases signed (or not) from the people that are present, do sound checks, etc. There's no such thing as them just being free to follow the Duggars around with ease. It still amazes me how much people want us to believe that "reality" shows are just so seat-of-the-pants and everything is filmed in real time. Far from it. Just today I read about a woman who came forward about some house hunting show she did for DIY network where the entire story was made up to suit the show. The Duggars are no different, if anything they probably are more willing to make shit up to make themselves look good.

Puh-leeze! This is TV, the crew can't just waltz into a dentist's office and start filming. They have to get permission, set-up, get releases signed (or not) from the people that are present, do sound checks, etc. There's no such thing as them just being free to follow the Duggars around with ease. It still amazes me how much people want us to believe that "reality" shows are just so seat-of-the-pants and everything is filmed in real time. Far from it. Just today I read about a woman who came forward about some house hunting show she did for DIY network where the entire story was made up to suit the show. The Duggars are no different, if anything they probably are more willing to make shit up to make themselves look good.

The Roloffs were caught with a storyline cheat sheet and Matt later admitted to it. The Duggars and TLC definitely stage or make up stuff. Sean probably sweet talks dentists and doctors into allowing filming and the office staffs are probably prepared for the crew beforehand. The Duggars and TLC have succeeded in fooling some people. Some Duggar defenders believe that everything shown on the air are absolute truths. I laughed when loony Diane on the 19kac FB page actually believed that the Duggar girls were in Chicago by themselves. The chaperone couple that watched over the girls were shown in a couple of shots. TLC has screwed up a few times in staging some events. Grandma Duggar's "surprise party" was an example of that.

Their lifestyle is so far removed from that of average Americans with children, these parents don't have jobs, just commitments to fundy events, their kids have zero sleepovers, summer camps, play groups, team sports, academic projects or service work. No trips to the vet for the pets, no random groups of teens dropping in at mealtimes, and no teens who need to juggle school, activities and part time jobs.

Appearing on TV allows the Duggars to feel that they are ministering to the unsaved, and setting a fine example for younger families who want to emulate them.

I feel that some events are staged and others are not. Not many kids would be willing to fall off of a bike, or fall into an orchestra pit a second time to get it right. Somewhere I read that ordinarily the camera/sound crew are there three days each week, which leaves 4 days when they are not and everyone does enjoy privacy. Not that this would suit me, but it does seem to suit them. Many of the episodes are merely silly, like Amy delivering raspberry bars to Josh and Anna, for an example, when no one's privacy is actually invaded.

If, God forbid, I had 19 children, I would be pretty glad for TLC's financial help. That must have seemed like manna from heaven, back when they lived in that tiny house.

For money and other related perks like travel is why they continue to let themselves be filmed. I'm hoping it's led to a less repressive life for the younger ones and will make it easier for them to escape someday, since their indoctrination hasn't been quite the same as their older siblings, but we'll see.

Why doesn't their busy day involve any homeschooling? Or College Minus classes? I guess that's something they just fit in when the schedule allows

I had to comment on the article.

The reason they film: MONEY MONEY MONEY AND SHILLING FOR GOTHARD'S VERSION OF JEEBUS. period.

Puffed up is an unfortunate word choice considering her hair AND the sleeves on the like 3 blouses she owns.

For money and other related perks like travel is why they continue to let themselves be filmed. I'm hoping it's led to a less repressive life for the younger ones and will make it easier for them to escape someday, since their indoctrination hasn't been quite the same as their older siblings, but we'll see.

Why doesn't their busy day involve any homeschooling? Or College Minus classes? I guess that's something they just fit in when the schedule allows

I'm sure that when the new season arrives, we will hear Jchelle, in her tiny voice, explain how their travel is better than homeschooling. She will somehow 'splain' how following Frothy's campaign trail was educational for all. She will be in denial, that her eldest, who has a political consulting business, does't know how the US primary system works.

To promote competitive breeding. They successed the Bates now have their own show.

I'm sure that when the new season arrives, we will hear Jchelle, in her tiny voice, explain how their travel is better than homeschooling. She will somehow 'splain' how following Frothy's campaign trail was educational for all. She will be in denial, that her eldest, who has a political consulting business, does't know how the US primary system works.

There was an interview last year in which Boob or Mullet said that their travel schedule was part of the reason why the older kids do CollegeMinus. I remember the comment was something like, "We like to travel and College Plus allows the kids to do work around our traveling". I fucking rolled my eyes when I read that. In life, you can't always do what you want when you to do it. I think that is just another example of how the Duggars aren't in tune with the real world. The Duggar kids will eventually realize, that they can't do everything when they want to. They will also realize that overpriced CLEP coaching or online classes don't always cater to your traveling schedules. A lot of accredited college offer online classes these days to help make students' lives a bit easier. I took several online classes and they did help. I was sometimes able to do some of my homework at my old job and I was able to spend more time at home or at my job. But I still had to deal with deadlines and I had prioritize tasks. I think if some of the Duggar kids were doing online classes, I can see them getting stressed while traveling with 20 plus people.

My guess is that whenever the Duggars go on trip homeschooling and overpriced CLEP coaching are put on hold. If some of the J'Slaves get married, they will be pissed someday when their husbands are unable to take time of their jobs or businesses to go to homeschooling convention or other events. Eventually. John David and Josh will have to let their businesses own them and they will have to accept that they will no longer be able be away from their businesses for weeks at a time. When it comes down to it, Mullet and Boob aren't living the lives of most people and they are high on the TLC perks.

Archived