IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell gave birth

skankbiscuit

I was expecting a "C" name, after "A" and "B." They were probably hoping for a Caleb.

“A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.â€

This was posted when Melanie was in labor. I know it shouldn't be taken literally, but well, a man wasn't born into the world.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there will be a longer poster on baby Christina and Melanie later on. My guess is that the Maxwells blogged before heading off to hospital. I predict there could be some pictures up later on tonight.

I hate to say it, but baby Joshua will probably be favored. This might be a wild prediction, in a year or two Christopher and NR will have son 2 and that will piss off Nathan.

“He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?â€

–Micah 6:8

It means she's humbled because even though she didn't want a c-section "the LORD required it of her" so she did it humbly like she was supposed to. IMHO.

Hopefully there will be a longer, more enthusiastic post about the new baby later! As for Anna Marie, it feels kind of weird to admit it, but I really like the photo of her holding Joshua where they are both dressed in blue. It just seems sweet and she looks so happy to me. I know nothing about Anna Marie, but she looks friendly and as if she belongs out on the prairie 150 years ago. Maybe it's the hair?

Yes she is a prairie looking girl. Make no mistake, no matter how "nice"she looks, her views are just as unsavory as mama maxwell's. She will blanket train and stifle and under educate with the best of them.

Vagina. Doug Phillips is a tool.

I think there will be a longer poster on baby Christina and Melanie later on. My guess is that the Maxwells blogged before heading off to hospital. I predict there could be some pictures up later on tonight.

That's what I was thinking that they were just trying to get an update up quickly before heading over to the hospital to find out more information, see the baby and all. I also am hoping that some of the excitement for Joshua is coming from the fact that it is Christopher's first child not the fact that it's a boy.

Joshua isn't even two weeks old yet but he's had four 'photo shoot's. I wonder how many poor little Christina will have by the same age? They interrupt the remodeling of a marital home to show planned & posed baby pics of Joshua. Is Christina going to be worth the same attention? Is she worth interrupting the money-train lead up to what's his name's house and obvious marriage?

Joshua isn't even two weeks old yet but he's had four 'photo shoot's. I wonder how many poor little Christina will have by the same age? They interrupt the remodeling of a marital home to show planned & posed baby pics of Joshua. Is Christina going to be worth the same attention? Is she worth interrupting the money-train lead up to what's his name's house and obvious marriage?

No. She has a vagina.

It means she's humbled because even though she didn't want a c-section "the LORD required it of her" so she did it humbly like she was supposed to. IMHO.

I think these morons are stupid enough to think that if Mel had been more humble, she could have miraculously changed the gender of the sperm that Nate giveth into her VAGINA one night in September 2011.

I really can't stand the KJV Bible.

I hate to say it, but baby Joshua will probably be favored. This might be a wild prediction, in a year or two Christopher and NR will have son 2 and that will piss off Nathan.

I have to admit, I'm wondering how this will be, two cousins so close in age but one is a boy and one a girl, will it be so obvious the gender-enforcing on the children. Most likely...

Happy news is everyone is healthy. That means they are healthy and able to live more and if we are lucky, eventually wake up and smell the coffee, er, Pepsi...

I hope she's really okay and not just "okay." :?

Maybe god is trying to teach Nathan and the Maxwells to also value girl children, but I don't have god's antenna for truth (a penis) so what would I know.

Baby was over 9 pounds. Mel is slender, I bet the baby was to big to be born naturally. Better to have a safe C-section than risk Mom & baby. This is their 4th girl. Guess Nat only makes girls. ;)

I was afraid they'd try a home birth this time. Glad their was a doctor involved.

Okay, I really hate to derail the thread but I hate even worse to see myths perpetuated.

Whether a baby can fit through the birth canal does not have to do with the baby's weight or the mother's size. It has to do with the baby's head circumference and the size of the mother's pelvic opening (not related to the size of the pelvis or how wide her hips are). It is very rare for a baby to not fit through the pelvis, and it occurs mostly in cases when the mother's pelvis has a deformity from a previous break or fracture or the baby has grown much larger than it normally would have from unmanaged gestational diabetes.

That having been said, I'm sure Melanie's C-Section was necessary (not going to speculate as to why) and I'm glad she was able to get one and I hope she recovers well. I'm also glad she was in the hospital because she has had a difficult history.

I think its partly because it is Chris's first baby and he is a professional photographer. Of course he is going to be documenting every little move. I know with my first baby I was just as annoying(and that was before digital so I filled up photo books like crazy)and took less pics with my other 2 kids because every little thing wasn't as exciting.

Yes, Christina deserves some excitement, but I know by the time my fundie sister had baby #6 we were all like "great" ,but didn't go to the hospital and pace for 12 hours like we all did with her first one.

I do think having the prized boy first gave Chris a leg up on Nathan with Steve even if noone says it.

I hope she's really okay and not just "okay." :?

Maybe god is trying to teach Nathan and the Maxwells to also value girl children, but I don't have god's antenna for truth (a penis) so what would I know.

Okay, I really hate to derail the thread but I hate even worse to see myths perpetuated.

Whether a baby can fit through the birth canal does not have to do with the baby's weight or the mother's size. It has to do with the baby's head circumference and the size of the mother's pelvic opening (not related to the size of the pelvis or how wide her hips are). It is very rare for a baby to not fit through the pelvis, and it occurs mostly in cases when the mother's pelvis has a deformity from a previous break or fracture or the baby has grown much larger than it normally would have from unmanaged gestational diabetes.

That having been said, I'm sure Melanie's C-Section was necessary (not going to speculate as to why) and I'm glad she was able to get one and I hope she recovers well. I'm also glad she was in the hospital because she has had a difficult history.

A larger baby will generally have a larger head circumference.

It is not uncommon in countries where unassisted births are the norm for an infant to simply not fit and die inside the mother, or for a mother to bear a child too big for her and end up with severe damage. As a woman whose child almost died in birth due to shoulder dystocia, I don't think these risks should be downplayed.

I hate to say it, but baby Joshua will probably be favored. This might be a wild prediction, in a year or two Christopher and NR will have son 2 and that will piss off Nathan.[/quote

Apparently, Nathan isn't shooting y chromosomes. Blame biology. What am I saying, it's God! GOD is denying them sons for some bizarre, yet to mentioned, reason. Can't wait to see what it is.

Yes she is a prairie looking girl. Make no mistake, no matter how "nice"she looks, her views are just as unsavory as mama maxwell's. She will blanket train and stifle and under educate with the best of them.

Vagina. Doug Phillips is a tool.

Yeah, I know :( Maybe she will come around one day. Why am I such an optimist?

Regardless, I hope Melanie is recovering alright and Joshua isn't favored over Christina.

I think Melanie would have to be jealous of Anna Marie. Anna Marie just fits perfectly into the mold the Maxwells have for women. Long dresses always, long hair done up in a matronly style, seemingly meek and mild -- then she goes off and has a perfectly normal pregnancy and gives birth to a perfect boy! And afterward she is "radiant", not just ok.

Melanie does things a little different. I've seen several pictures where all the other women are wearing frumpers but she is just wearing a skirt and shirt. Her hair is shorter and she gives her daughters non biblical names. She seems mildly rebellious at times...

From what I know of her I don't think I would get along with Anna Marie if I were in that family.

I think many women who endure a long labor and then end up with an emergency C-section have it the worst in terms of birth experiences, so maybe being "okay" also has to do with how exhausted Melanie is. I've never had that situation myself, but I can't imagine a worse birth experience. But at least with a C-section, she will be in the hospital for 3 days before she has to go home and get back to chore-packing as she's recovering. I'm actually really happy for her that the baby was so big and full-term. Christina will probably sleep better/longer than either A or B did.

What, no pink square?

I think the verse definitely relates to their needing to remind themselves that they have to accept what is given, even if it's yet another girl.

Poor baby.

We see plenty of photos of Abby and Bethany. I'm sure the Maxwells will take pictures of Christina, too. Since Christopher and Anna Marie are more assertive where their privacy is concerned, we'll probably see more of Christina than we do of Joshua. After what Nathan and Melanie went through with Susannah Joy, I'm sure they're happy to have a healthy baby regardless of gender. And if Steve does favor Joshua, then that's actually the child I feel sorriest for. Would you want to be Steve's favorite?

I like the name, but I thought Nathan picked names from the bible.

How is this not a Biblical name? "Christ-ina". Christine, Christina, Christopher, Christian have always been popular names in Christian families for this reason.

I'm glad she had a safe delivery and I hope she recovers quickly and promptly starts using birth control. I also hope for world peace and a pony. I don't think it will happen.

Edited: I missed a word. Also, Doug Phillips is a tool.

A larger baby will generally have a larger head circumference.

It is not uncommon in countries where unassisted births are the norm for an infant to simply not fit and die inside the mother, or for a mother to bear a child too big for her and end up with severe damage. As a woman whose child almost died in birth due to shoulder dystocia, I don't think these risks should be downplayed.

I'm not interested in downplaying any risks, so I do appreciate your counterpoint.

There are risks, but I think they are overblown. If you compared the number of women who actually had CPD to the number of women who were misinformed about the birth process and believed that the baby was too big or they were too small, I don't think they'd match up at all. I don't want the risks of childbirth to be minimized, and I do think that The Baby is Too Big or Your Hips are Too Narrow lines are not helpful for informing women what the actual risks (CPD from pelvic injury, gestational diabetes, the possibility of shoulder dystocia) are.

The baby announcement sounded so depressing. I wonder if they are disappointed in Melanie and blame it on some sin that they think she committed. I am pleasantly surprised at the name. Unlike the Bateses, the Maxwells at least know how to pick a decent baby name. Too bad Christina will grow up to either be a spinster like Aunt Sarah or a fundie broodmare like NRAnna.

Genesis 30:1 And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.

So maybe this verse would be a little more appropriate than that bizarre thing they posted, if you exchange sons for children and Melanie for Rachel, blah blah blah

I don't mind the name, if they go with Abby and Bethy, they might call this one Chrissie which is cute for a fundie girl :)

Archived