IGNORED

Melanie Maxwell gave birth

skankbiscuit

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes - just saw this. Christina Mercy Maxwell. Mel had to have a C-section. Blog says she is "okay" with okay in quotes. Not sure what that means exactly.

That was strange. I think they are disappointed - maybe because it was a c-section, or maybe because it was another girl

“He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?â€

–Micah 6:8

This is the chosen verse for the baby post. What? What does that have to do with the birth of the baby? Just because the word 'mercy' is in it? I swear, their choice of verses that they post leaves me in the dark.

C-section led to hysterectomy??

ETA: I agree. It's definately an odd pick as far as verses for birth/new baby go.

Hmm...in the world of fundie names, that's not bad. Although watch them call her Mercy, as it's more "appropriate" for a girl.

I'm guessing Melanie is as "okay" as a person can be after emergency surgery, but Sarah's phrasing is awkward as usual.

Nah, I don't actually expect them to publicize a hysterectomy (at least not at this point) but does make me curious. Maybe Mel was just "okay" because she's disappointed at needing a c-section. Or maybe it's finally clicked that - for her - birth control might be best. Sigh. I can hope, right?

When Christopher son was born, they put a blue image and made a lot of histeria around the subject.

Now that Melanie's baby girl is born, the only thing they post is a short new of the birth...

It's really annoying.

Such an odd verse for them to use... Micah 6:1-9 is about Israel trying to obtain the favor of God. The people cry out in conviction and in guilt, somewhere there begins to be some hope for them due to the wrath of God coming down. Oh and Michal 6 also goes on saying that in order to please God there must be atonement and all sin must be wiped away.

Could it be that they think it is the wrath of God coming down on them through Mel's pregnancies? Especially having a c-section and yet another girl?

Also- Is there an introduction place here or are new people just to post? Thanks :)

Baby was over 9 pounds. Mel is slender, I bet the baby was to big to be born naturally. Better to have a safe C-section than risk Mom & baby. This is their 4th girl. Guess Nat only makes girls. ;)

I was afraid they'd try a home birth this time. Glad their was a doctor involved.

Such an odd verse for them to use... Micah 6:1-9 is about Israel trying to obtain the favor of God. The people cry out in conviction and in guilt, somewhere there begins to be some hope for them due to the wrath of God coming down. Oh and Michal 6 also goes on saying that in order to please God there must be atonement and all sin must be wiped away.

Could it be that they think it is the wrath of God coming down on them through Mel's pregnancies? Especially having a c-section and yet another girl?

Also- Is there an introduction place here or are new people just to post? Thanks :)

Nathan is "paying" for Steve's vasectomy. :pray:

After an extremely hard labor and an emergency c-section, "okay" is probably the best the poor girl can be.

Thankfully they were at a hospital. The name isn't bad since she will be known by her first name. Too bad, Stevie, another girl who will be controlled but not expanded your cult.

I feel terrible for that baby girl but am glad for a safe delivery. Although, just like her cousin Joshua, being born alive is her greatest achievement.

She'll be pushing chore cards within the year. Just another person her grandfather will control.

In 16 years I won't be the least bit surprised if she is married off to her cousin Joshua. No man made or realistic laws will stop her grandfather's machine.

When Christopher son was born, they put a blue image and made a lot of histeria around the subject.

Now that Melanie's baby girl is born, the only thing they post is a short new of the birth...

It's really annoying.

well obviously Nathan met Melanie in a *gasp* church while they went the right way with Christopher and NR Anna, so obviously God will only send sons to the mighty family that followed all of daddy's plans...

I just posted a comment that it was thrilling that Melanie had a girl baby... And it didn't seem as if the post reflected as much enthusiasm as for Anna' s baby. I'm sure it won't pass moderation, but at least they hear one message that calls them out on their obvious favoritism.

Doug Phillips is a tool. Vagina. Vagina. Michigan.

Hopefully there will be a longer, more enthusiastic post about the new baby later! As for Anna Marie, it feels kind of weird to admit it, but I really like the photo of her holding Joshua where they are both dressed in blue. It just seems sweet and she looks so happy to me. I know nothing about Anna Marie, but she looks friendly and as if she belongs out on the prairie 150 years ago. Maybe it's the hair?

After an extremely hard labor and an emergency c-section, "okay" is probably the best the poor girl can be.

True.

Archived