IGNORED

'Vagina' - An Unspeakable Word In Michigan

Visionoyahweh

So Michael Calton wrote back to me:

MichaelCalltonMessages.png

And half that second grade class have vaginas too.

I wonder if he understands that even one "inappropriate" use of the word is not as damaging to young people as teaching them that there is something shameful about their anatomy that its name must be banned.

Then again, it was never about protecting children, but rather stopping women from talking about their bodies.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh God, this really gets on my tits. Small was brought up by her mum (of blessed memory) to say "flower" for her vulva and other assorted bits and that is intensely annoying. I'm not saying a small child has to use the medical terms yet, but what's wrong with "fanny" or "vag"? I wouldn't care either if she said "twat" or "cunt" as long as she was happy and comfortable with possessing the bits nature gave her.

Why are women's sexual organs so foul in some people's minds they should never be mentioned?

So Michael Calton wrote back to me:

MichaelCalltonMessages.png

I fail to see how the audience including children means the word shouldn't be used. It's the scientific word for a body part that roughly 51% of them possess.

I've known I had a vagina since I was about 3 or 4, at the oldest. Granted, I thought it was something I peed out of, but at least I knew I had one!

I learned about vaginas in school. My grandparents took care of me until about school age, so they came from that generation where didn't discuss that stuff. Until then I taught babies somehow came out of the anus!

Guest Anonymous
I learned about vaginas in school. My grandparents took care of me until about school age, so they came from that generation where didn't discuss that stuff. Until then I taught babies somehow came out of the anus!

My little cousin used to think that babies came out through the navel and that the tummy button was the baby's nose.

Oh no, not in front of second graders! They shouldn't know they have body parts, definitely not. We cant tell them that they have feet, or ears, or bellybuttons, and definitely not vaginas and penises. It is best for the second graders to believe that they exist as spirits attached to holograms. That's God's plan.

Honestly, I would rather shelter 2nd graders from topics that come up in abortion debates (rape, the possibility that their pregnant mommy might die in childbirth, and then also people shouting about "killing babies!" and such (not because they should never know about it, but because those are unpleasant things that I wish children didn't have to know about/hear adults arguing about, if you know we could keep all 7yos safe from sexual abusers and loss of parents, which I know we can't)) than from the word for a body part. The only reason I didn't know "vagina" as a young child is because my mom had us use the German word since we spoke both English and German at home - I learned "vagina" when my friend said it, and asked my mom who explained that that was the English word for it.

Technically she probably should have said "uterus" but they probably would have banned her for that too.

I am a fan of the term "lady parts" myself, but why should adults discussing reproduction need to use euphemisms instead of scientific names?

Can you write back to him?

Dear Mr. Calton,

Which of these other words for vagina would you have preferred that they used?

Axe Wound

Bearded Clam

Beaver

Bumsen

Box

Cave

Cavernous Gash

Cocksheath

Cigar Box

Clam

Clit (although the clit is separate from the vagina, many douche bags use this term)

Cooch

Coochie

Coo-chi Snorcher

Cooter

Cunny

Cunt

Dragon's Lair

Dugout

Face Flower

Falcon Crest

Fanny

Fanny Boo

Feedbag

Feesh

Fillet

Fish

Gammon Flaps

Gash

Gine

Granny's Celler

Gretchin's Grabber

Growler

Ham wallet (honey-glazed or otherwise)

Hayloft (post-menopausal women)

Hole

Honey Pot

Lady Flower

Lion's Den

Lucifer's Cradle

Man's Downfall

Meat Curtains

Meat Wallet

Melissa's Mop Buckett

Minge

Muff

Patchouli

Peggy's Parlor (dated)Zach Nance Mag

Pickle Jar

Pink Sink

Pink Taco

Piss Hole

Pooki

Poon

Poontang

Pot Hole

Punaani

Puss

Pussy

Pussy Cat

Rosebud

Sarah's Saddlebag (dated)

Sausage Wallet

Side-ways Smile

Slit

Slot Machine

Snapper

Snatch

Stink Box

Taco

Tamale

The Great Depression (dated, but relevant)

Toad

Tonton

Tutu

Twat

Vag

Vagoo (LICD)

Va-Jay-Jay

Valarie's Stinkhole

Velvet purse

Vertical Smile

Virginia Belle (dated)

Whispering eye

Wizard's Sleeve

Wuss

Yoni

Please get back to me ASAP, so I can begin using what you deem the proper term. I will also call my doctor, and let him know, so he can properly discuss women's no-no business with them.

Like that?

I'm going to crash the next Michigan legislative session and yell out "VAGINA" at random. Who's with me???

If you bring vagina/uterus shaped confetti to throw around, I'd consider driving up to MIchigan to join you.

So wait: the problem was not what she said, but that she said it while a school group was touring the legislature?

I wonder if it was the fact that she said "my vagina". A Proper Lady would never acknowledge possessing sexual organs.

So maybe the good Vagina owners of Michigan need to ban together and tell the menfolk they need to find some place else to place their penises? Perhaps that will encourage the Michigan state GOP gets their mysogynists under control. :roll:

We vagina owners wouldn't want to sully these dudes and make em sin or do anything else that would be bad. And maybe those males who aren't on the Vagina Vulgarity bandwagon will side with the ladies...finally. It is in their best interests to do so..

Now they are claiming it wasn't because of the use of the word vagina but because the threw a "temper tantrum." Those women and their emotional outbursts. :roll:

[link]http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/06/16/michigan-house-spokesman-claims-two-female-lawmakers-threw-temper-tantrums-during-abortion-debate/[/link]

Good lord. It seems like every few months there's video of a male politician having an actual tantrum. This sounds like it was nothing of the sort.

And why were 2nd graders witnessing discussion of abortion issues anyway?

So maybe the good Vagina owners of Michigan need to ban together and tell the menfolk they need to find some place else to place their penises? Perhaps that will encourage the Michigan state GOP gets their mysogynists under control. :roll:

We vagina owners wouldn't want to sully these dudes and make em sin or do anything else that would be bad. And maybe those males who aren't on the Vagina Vulgarity bandwagon will side with the ladies...finally. It is in their best interests to do so..

Yes, one would not want the Lysistratra Solution used on non-douchebags!

Good lord. It seems like every few months there's video of a male politician having an actual tantrum. This sounds like it was nothing of the sort.

It doesn't look like a temper tantrum to me:

7eRyQi-o9MA

How is this person allowed to speak publicly? The sole idea that vagina is a bad word cements the statement that it's an 'ugly' or 'dirty/disgusting' part. I'm sorry but my VAGINA is amazing and I rather like it's name.

Oh my word, she spoke with emotion in her voice! *clutches pearls* Unacceptable!

/sarcasm

< Michigoose (not Michigander) with a vagina.

I am truly puzzled as to why the word is so worrisome to (republican?) men. :think:

Rep. Lisa Brown addresses being banned for "strange behavior" and states that male legislators have gotten in physical altercations on the house floor without being banned from speaking.

http://www.wxyz.com/subindex/video

interview starts at 1:12

I'll show up at the protest Monday -- with my vagina-owning second grader.

Rep. Lisa Brown addresses being banned for "strange behavior" and states that male legislators have gotten in physical altercations on the house floor without being banned from speaking.

http://www.wxyz.com/subindex/video

interview starts at 1:12

I'll show up at the protest Monday -- with my vagina-owning second grader.

Take this:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Big-Coloring- ... Descending

< Michigoose (not Michigander) with a vagina.

I am truly puzzled as to why the word is so worrisome to (republican?) men. :think:

Well all they can see is Jaws when that word is spoken. It's the myth of the demasculating snapping pussy. :D

Archived