IGNORED

'Vagina' - An Unspeakable Word In Michigan

Visionoyahweh

What is going on in the world????

Vagina vagina vagina vagina.

It is a proper word. Ignoring does not make it go away. Denying evolution does not make that go away either. Ignoring global warming does not make that go away.

When are we going to get adults to run things?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LauraElle wrote:

I'm going to crash the next Michigan legislative session and yell out "VAGINA" at random. Who's with me???

I live in the Capitol. 5 minutes from the building. I also know the best coffee spots. C'mon over!

Can I go? :D I'm in Macomb County, but I can offer Michigan's best Mexican food before we go harass some idiots.

Seriously, I'm getting more and more ashamed of my state. How stupid is it to be afraid of saying a PROPER NOUN? It reminds me of Mark Arm of Mudhoney, who chose his stage name to ridicule insulting people by calling them a body part.

Half of the people in Michigan have a vagina. How is it vulgar? Its the correct anatomical name for that body part. How is vagina more offensive than penis?

What he is really saying is that the women don't have a problem with the word, he has the problem. It reminds me of 10 year olds getting sex ed for the first time in school and giggling when the teacher says penis or vagina. Or that he would do anything for sex and is afraid of the power any vagina has over him.

This is scary. A vagina is quintessentially female. By making it dirty or unacceptable to say, it is furthering alienating woman from the norm and making woman more of an other.

I thought the same...how old is this guy? Is there now a pro life push to call it something else, like fetus and embryo are now verboten to the pro life movement? I'm assuming "womb" and "birth canal" might be the acceptable pro life nomenclature, as women's status is defined by their abili to bear children in their world.

But you guys don't understand....Vagina IS a dirty, filthy word because Vaginas are dirty and filthy...and scary. They are the black holes of the human race and congressmen cannot be expected to talk about them, why they might nightmares for weeks talking about the Mysterious Caves of Wymen which no mere man could possible explore and expect to return alive. This is why God gave all decent human beings a penis. A penis is clean, and and forthright-- no terrible nasty, forbidding holes-- and a Man can walk in honor and pride knowing he has such an upright, outstanding body part. You can say the word "Penis" in public and nothing bad will happen.

That is why I am sure these State Reps must either be gay or they make love to their wives with all the lights on and as quickly as possible. Who can possibly say what terrible things lurk down there? Better just to pretend that Vaginas do not exist and that babies (wonderful, wonderful babies who need to be protected from MURDER) enter into the world through some miraculous, magical means.

These men all seem to be aged fifty on up, so I wonder if their wives had children in the pre daddy-in-the-delivery-room era? Or before the advent of Lamaze classes for expectant parents? It seems as if women's bodies were foreign objects to them besides doing the horizontal cha-cha with the lights probably OFF...or that their wives used to douche with Lysol to keep any natural odors down? I'd love to see Dr. Kinsey interview them as young men? Who knows, maybe he actually DID interview throwbacks like them back in his day?

Heh, I actually like Cooter better. :lol:

OMG, I hate "cooter." It sounds like the name for an old hound dog. I enjoy saying "crotch" but only because it squicks my husband out for some reason.

These men all seem to be aged fifty on up, so I wonder if their wives had children in the pre daddy-in-the-delivery-room era? Or before the advent of Lamaze classes for expectant parents?

Nope.

I'm 59. Lamaze classes and dad in the delivery room was happening for several YEARS before I had my babies. And my youngest SISTER is 47, and my own dad was in the delivery room when she was born (he is now 85).

I suspect it's not age, but rather a case of too many legislators coming from the bottom of the intelligence ladder.

1. I thought it must have been a joke that a state senator in Florida could be told off for using "uterus", but google proved me wrong:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz- ... ouse-floor

2. I have a simple proposal for anyone offended by discussion of body parts during government debate: If you do not attempt to impose legislation affecting them, we won't have to discuss them. Deal?

3. I think I've heard this squeal, oh no, don't mention THOSE PARTS, not with boys and girls together complaint before....oh yeah, from my KIDS. Congratulations for having the maturity level of children.

4. I actually loved the rest of Rep. Lisa Brown's statement as well, esp. the part where she says that she's not asking the government to impose the Jewish rule that makes some therapeutic abortions MANDATORY, and asks for the some respect for freedom of religion in return.

Reminds me of That 70's Show surreal dialogue:

ERIC FORMAN

Well, first the egg travels down the fallopian tube to the uterus where it attaches to the wall...

RED FORMAN

Eric, for God's sakes, that's no language for a woman to hear!

so it,s the 70s again?

If you have a vagina but can't bear to hear the word, you might want to get psy help.

from a proud owner of a vagina! xxx

I've been Twitterbombing the MI House GOP page:

:twisted: Yeah, I'm a bitch like that.

Group activity??? Let's all join in!

Can I go? :D I'm in Macomb County, but I can offer Michigan's best Mexican food before we go harass some idiots.

Seriously, I'm getting more and more ashamed of my state. How stupid is it to be afraid of saying a PROPER NOUN? It reminds me of Mark Arm of Mudhoney, who chose his stage name to ridicule insulting people by calling them a body part.

Woohoo! New Michigan friends! Let's go a-vagina-ing!

And here I thought my crush on you couldn't get any bigger. :mrgreen:

You're so sweet - I'm blushing all the way down to my foot. :)

Oh, and Michigan governmental assholes, I want you to know that the blush includes my vagina.

Ooooh, I said foot, vagina and asshole! I think I'll say some more body part words, just to be naughty.

Pancreas!

Ankle!

Navel!

Eustachian tube!

Nose!

Distal phalanges!

Esophagus!

I am so very daring. :roll:

This is insane.

Reminds me of a girl in my reproduction physiology class getting offended by the professor using the word "penis" Dumb.

This is insane.

Reminds me of a girl in my reproduction physiology class getting offended by the professor using the word "penis" Dumb.

That's worse than one of DSs friend's moms, who decided to home school after her first grader brought home a botany diagram with "endosperm" on it. Since sex ed should not be taught in school [according to her], she read the teacher and principal the riot act and then took her precious snowflake child out of the ebil public school. And enrolled him in biblical Science. :?

“Maybe they are banning me because I dared say ‘vagina,’ the correct, medical name of a part of a woman’s anatomy these lawmakers are trying to regulate,†she said. “I’m outraged. I’m outraged that this legislative body not only wants to dictate what women can do, but what we can say.â€

Hmm... as if we couldn't think it could get any worse, after women's reproductive rights, onto their freedom of speech!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77445.html

The sick sick minds these old republican men have to think vagina is a dirty word, not fit for the public. It's just prove that they see women as a dirty foreign object, and not as breathing human beings. If a doctor wants to be a obgyn, obviously he should be comfortable saying "vagina", "uterus", "sex", etc. Using that same logic, IF A MAN WILLINGLY PUTS HIMSELF IN THE POSITION ON VOTING ON WOMEN'S REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEMS, THEN HE SHOULD BE FULLY CAPABLE OF SAYING VAGINA, UTERUS, AND SEX, ALL WITHOUT GIGGLING, GAGGING, OR SHIFTING UNCOMFORTABLY IN HIS SEAT LIKE A SILLY SCHOOL BOY. If you can't handle the medically correct words, don't enter the profession, and especially don't vote on the laws. OMG the stupidity!

I'm embarrassed that this is going on in my state. We have a "long way to go", so to speak, if people are still clinging to the idea that women's body parts are inappropriate to mention in public. Ever notice how this reticence never applies to men's body parts?

If you can't say the word vagina, you shouldn't be allowed to make laws related to the vagina. What are we supposed to call it then? I bet they'd like dark mysterious pit of doom. One of the things you're supposed to teach young children is the proper name for their body parts. And you can't say vagina is a dirty word and say the word penis is totally fine. Just another symptom of what they really think of women.

also...VAGINA, VAGINA, VAGINA, VAGINA. You know what I love? VAGINAS!

There, I feel better:)

OMG, I hate "cooter." It sounds like the name for an old hound dog. I enjoy saying "crotch" but only because it squicks my husband out for some reason.

Cooch? It's kind of a hybrid of terms. Maybe snatchola?

I don't think they really care about the vagina, it's pretty much all fallopian tube, unfertilized eggs (ie equivalent of a newborn baby!), uterus, and uterine lining (of proper thickness). How the baby comes out it of no concern when you just see women as perma-incubators.

I've been Twitterbombing the MI House GOP page:

:twisted: Yeah, I'm a bitch like that.

They won't be the first politicians to be virtual-vagina-bombed. And frankly, they should have seen the jokes coming. I would post pictures of vagina-like things (flowers, patters, etc.) on their fb wall if I were one of their constituents.

"Look, I don't think it should be a sin, just for saying "vagina"."

"You're only making it worse for yourself!"

"Making it worse? How can it be worse? Vagina! Vagina! Vagina!"

"I'm warning you! If you say "vagina" one more time..."

":lds6croj]"Look, I don't think it should be a sin, just for saying "vagina"."

NO! she's said the word the knights of GOP can never hear!!! (ok ok I totally misquoted monty python there)

Wish we knew which state rep it was. I'd find their facebook page and post;

Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina

Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina

I might even ending with a CUNT just to get the message across.

Thanks, Sola. I will echo you, in lovely vaginal pink:

Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina

Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina Vagina

CUNT! (the GOP's asshattery, not Sola. You are a dang super sized sundae!)

":3op1ipyy]"Look, I don't think it should be a sin, just for saying "vagina"."

:lol:

That was, you should pardon the expression, Yahsome!

We need a Monty Python smilie.

Archived