IGNORED

Miss Raquel's friends refuse only focus on her

formergothardite

Miss Raquel, my most favorite self-absorbed, fake modest maiden has a new post up. She went to try out for some musical and she (of course) sang perfectly, but apparently can't dance, so she didn't get the part. But it is okay because God spoke to her and told her not to text her friends but instead read her Bible.

And then Raquel and planned a night texting with a friend and this is what happened:

Like I said, I just wanted some relaxing time...just be able to kick my feet up and breathe a little. And...well...the friend I was texting was a bit inconsiderate. I'm not naming names and I certainly don't want any of you to get a bad image of this friend, because I do love them to death, but...I had expected them to be caring and considerate of me. I had expected some 'me' time. Some pampering. Some love. But they decided, instead, to talk about...other things.

I felt let down. A bit hurt. They didn't even ask me how I was doing. Instead, I just listened to them ramble on about this and that...

How dare a friend refuse to sit and listen non-stop as Miss Raquel talks about herself and how godly she is! How dare they expect her to listen to them and their problems! And they totally deserve her bashing them on her blog that all their mutual friends read and will know who she is talking about! :roll:

At the rate Raquel is going, God is going to be the only friend she has left because no one else will be able to stand her.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

I often wonder if she just has a bad case of teenageritis or if she is teetering on the brink of diagnosable craziness. I can't recall ever thinking in high school, "Man, I just want a nice, relaxing evening making someone listen to how awesome I am! Oh, I guess they can tell me how much they love me, too."

Any bets with all of these "theys" she's throwing out there that the person she's talking about is a *gasp* boy?

She seems to have very few friends that are girls, so I bet it is a guy too.

And no, I don't remember planning an evening to make my friends listen to me talk about me, either.

Can you imagine how the person who she was texting that night feels reading that? I think she really wrote that post to get back at them.

Yup to all of the above. Sisterfriend is the crown princess of passive aggression. Why couldn't she have just said, "[Friend], I'm feeling down in the dumps because I didn't get the part. Can we talk?"

Holy shit, she really is a piece of work, isn't she? I have defended her in the past as I felt bad snarking on a kid (and I am pretty young and still remember my teenage stupidity well enough), but that is the most stinking, sanctimonious piece of passive aggressive bullshit I have ever seen, with a good sprinkling of "I am so much better than you" on top. And now of course the leg humpers will fawn all over how "beautiful" and "wise" she is.

This kind of self-serving meanness to one's friends is just despicable. Don't shit where you eat, honey. Or all your friends will take your advice and fuck the hell off, and be better off for it.

Yup to all of the above. Sisterfriend is the crown princess of passive aggression. Why couldn't she have just said, "[Friend], I'm feeling down in the dumps because I didn't get the part. Can we talk?"
Are you kidding? And pass up the chance to make her friends play "20 Questions About Me"?

I can't tell if this is just spoiled teenager girl or if there is a developing pathology. Teenagers are capable of extreme cluelessness and I remember more than one completely self-absorbed princess who went on to become a decent person. But she's going to drive off all of her real life friends if she never shows any interest in them or worse, bitches when they talk about their own problems.

If she wanted some "me-time", why didn't she just switch off her phone? That is, unless "me-time" doesn't mean "spending time alone", which is how I've always interpreted it, but in fact "talking to people about myself", in which case she should have been up-front about feeling shitty and wanting to talk about it rather than posting a passive-aggressive post on her blog.

What she considers "rambling on" might have been important to her friend. That's pretty bitchy no matter what your age. Like nimerha, I've also defended her in the past due to her age, but using the world wide web as a way to passive-aggressively call out a friend is not cute.

Her group of friends can't be that big, I doubt she's protected the friend's identity at all.

I don't understand why you all aren't being kinder to Miss Raquel. Though I am a married mother, I find her teen age ramblings to be so incredibly inspiring! It's just, Miss Raquel has to be really, really careful, because Satan and the world are conspiring against her perfect chastity.

Really, only God and Jesus are worthy to be Miss Raquel's friends. It is super lonely at the top!

Sarcasm

I often wonder if she just has a bad case of teenageritis or if she is teetering on the brink of diagnosable craziness. I can't recall ever thinking in high school, "Man, I just want a nice, relaxing evening making someone listen to how awesome I am! Oh, I guess they can tell me how much they love me, too."

Any bets with all of these "theys" she's throwing out there that the person she's talking about is a *gasp* boy?

No, I suspect it's a girl. It would take another teenage girl to compete in being that self-absorbed.

I wouldn't be surprised, however, if Raquel does comfort herself with the company of some of her male friends. It's pretty clear that some of the young fundie male bloggers are hot for her, and would be willing to give her attention. I suspect that she'll revel in the attention, decide that she's in love, get married young to fundie guy, think that submission is all straight out of some romance novel....and then come crashing down to earth as she deals with the realities of a pregnancy, a husband who is no longer trying to woo her but actually expects her to meet HIS needs, and a total end to the freedom that she enjoys on her blog.

Sadly, I know some adults like this.

I do too. I hav friend whose mom is very self-absorbed and she treats her kids like crap. Another friend of mine worked for wedding planner several years back and she has said that in the wedding business, she encountered dozens of women whose self-absorbed attitudes came a lot during their wedding planning. My friend hasn't worked in the wedding business since 2009. Occasionally she lurks on wedding/bride forums and she sometimes laughs at some of the posters and I've lurked on those boards and some of those women are really bad. Some of them feel their bridal parties need to focus on them 24/7 up until the wedding day.

Any bets with all of these "theys" she's throwing out there that the person she's talking about is a *gasp* boy?[/quote]

I kind of think the same thing too. I think all teenagers can be annoying and very self absorbed at times, but Miss Raquel seems like that pretty much all the time. I think she will never accept that her friends will not make her happy all the time or do what she expects all the time.

Either her friend was trying to help by distracting her (nice of him), or just didn't feel that sorry for her (understandable). We're talking about a play, Raquel, not the death of a loved one. She's nauseating.

Either her friend was trying to help by distracting her (nice of him), or just didn't feel that sorry for her (understandable). We're talking about a play, Raquel, not the death of a loved one. She's nauseating.

Yeah, what's with the "so sad you had a hard week" from her fans? It wasn't hard at all. She had an audition, did well in part 1 and not so well in part 2. That's not hard - that's just regular life.

Guest Anonymous

No, I suspect it's a girl. It would take another teenage girl to compete in being that self-absorbed.

Seriously? Teenagers can be extremely self-absorbed regardless of their gender, in my experience. I came into contact with just as many boys who thought they pooped ice-cream as girls.

Yeah, what's with the "so sad you had a hard week" from her fans? It wasn't hard at all. She had an audition, did well in part 1 and not so well in part 2. That's not hard - that's just regular life.

A hard week by her standards is a split cuticle.

Seriously? Teenagers can be extremely self-absorbed regardless of their gender, in my experience. I came into contact with just as many boys who thought they pooped ice-cream as girls.

Another girl probably wouldn't be horny for her. A guy, though, would put up with a lot more. She looks good.

Case in point:

http://wilsonftw.blogspot.ca/2012_04_16_archive.html - he agrees to see a movie that he believes to be a "chick flick", because she's going with him.

I wonder if she didn't even TRY the dance portion. She doesn't really elaborate on it like I would expect her to, and it sounds like she got there, saw the audition piece, and thought she couldn't do it or it was inappropriate for God's Daughter to do.

"I went in on Monday for the dance audition. I got there. I was calm. I was ready. And then...I was disappointed. It's hard to explain all about it, but...it just wasn't what I was expecting. So...I called my bro to come pick me up..."

I wonder if she didn't even TRY the dance portion. She doesn't really elaborate on it like I would expect her to, and it sounds like she got there, saw the audition piece, and thought she couldn't do it or it was inappropriate for God's Daughter to do.

"I went in on Monday for the dance audition. I got there. I was calm. I was ready. And then...I was disappointed. It's hard to explain all about it, but...it just wasn't what I was expecting. So...I called my bro to come pick me up..."

That does make it sound like she didn't try for some reason.

My daughter is 33, and has been performing in concerts and musicals since grade school. She told me that, if you want to perform, you have to develop a thick skin at a very young age.

I'm just waiting for her to post some more pictures of herself and talk about how she's so fat and ugly, waiting for all her followers to chime in about how she's really not, she's so gorgeous. That's the next step in self-absorbed passive aggressiveness, right?

How old is Miss Raquel?

I wonder if the fundie focus on physical beauty in women (at least on the VF side) would lead to this kind of self-absorption and therefore lots of unmarried SAHDs? I could see Elizabeth and Anna-Sofia Botkin being like this. I also see a lot of signs of eating disorders in fundie women.

Okay, hold up. Musical theatre major coming through.

First off, I'm not entirely sure that dance audition is legit. When I auditioned for Guys and Dolls for our last musical of the year last school year, we had our dance auditions at callbacks. When we went into the initial audition, we just sang 32 bars of a song, and read a selected piece for the character we were auditioning for.

Second, if there was a dance audition, it would be done in a group of people, usually three or four. It's used to determine who is the best and who is the worst dancer of that set.

Third, (which really isn't related to musical theatre) can we say passive-aggressive bitch? I swear, this goes beyond all teenage shallowness.

I hope for her own sake she is just in a particularly self-absorbed teenage phase and will grow out of it. We all know posting publicly about someone is super passive aggressive even if you keep them "anonymous" - pretty sure many people close to her will know who she is talking about.

I can understand maybe feeling frustrated if you really needed to vent and your friend was legitimately not listening, but like others said, why not just start the conversation saying you need to vent? And knowing Raquel, I doubt her friend was not listening vs. maybe listening while Raquel told the story and then actually wanted to talk about things other than Raquel. Maybe he/she has their own problems and life outside of Raquel!!!111! I got mad at a friend once when she kept bugging me about not replying to her facebook posts and I finally was able to tell her that I'd been unable to reply because I had had emergency (major) surgery. She replied with a huge report of her trip to Paris without even a "get well soon". In that case I felt like she was being a little self-absorbed. However, for some reason I doubt this is what R's friend was acting like...

First off, I'm not entirely sure that dance audition is legit. When I auditioned for Guys and Dolls for our last musical of the year last school year, we had our dance auditions at callbacks. When we went into the initial audition, we just sang 32 bars of a song, and read a selected piece for the character we were auditioning for.

Second, if there was a dance audition, it would be done in a group of people, usually three or four. It's used to determine who is the best and who is the worst dancer of that set.

Yeah, I don't do musical theatre myself, but this is what my friends and sister who have auditioned have usually experienced. Then again, it could be a fundie audition, possibly run by someone who has never had any real experience with theatre, in which I'm sure Anything Goes. (Sorry for the musical theatre pun. Sort-of.)

Archived