IGNORED

Best or worst Duggar moments...

homeschoolmomma1

I have a degree. I'm also unemployed. Nevertheless, I use the skills I developed over the course of my degree every single day. How else would I have the critical thinking skills to recognise the flaws in fundie logic? :lol:

Education is about more than getting a job.

(Slightly off topic) @ alba - You go, girl! Love the bolded. You are on your way.

And many good thoughts coming your way about a job.

BTW, I post this as a woman who has worked now for 37 years thanks to my college degree. I wish the same for you.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Slightly off topic) @ alba - You go, girl! Love the bolded. You are on your way.

And many good thoughts coming your way about a job.

BTW, I post this as a woman who has worked now for 37 years thanks to my college degree. I wish the same for you.

Aww, thanks for the good thoughts ^_^

If they were really and truly worried about their kids getting "useless" degrees that they "wouldn't use" then they could take that philosophy and tell the kids that they'll help them through college if they get a degree in Engineering or Accounting or something "useful". As an engineer (now a masters student) I used my degree every single day. I don't think parents should force their kids down one path or another for college, but its a whole heck of a lot better saying "J'slave we'll help you with college and encourage you but you have to choose nursing or accounting or another degree with a specific vocational path instead of a liberal arts degree". While I think this would be bad in quite a few ways it would certainly be an improvement over labeling all higher education as useless. Heck, vocational school to train as a plumber or electrician or to go get an associates to become a secretary or whatever.... all of those are fine and useful. But, they won't even send one of their boys to train in a vocational setting.... lest there be a girl or an atheist learning the trade too or *gasp* someone with green hair. :-)

Josie in the NICU was probably the worst for me. I just wanted the cameras to leave that tiny baby alone and let her rest and grow, but J'chelle and the Boob decided it would be better rating to have cameras shoved in their micro preemie's face. Also, whichever howler fell down the hole in the stage and the Duggar's filming it on their phones and J'chelle's camera ready smile. Who's first thought is publicity and ratings over their child's life? I just don't understand.

By the way, the Jubilee VSE is finally on YouTube. It's pretty poor quality though.

Finally. I don't have cable and I missed the drinking game. :cry:

Best:

* Grandpa Duggar saying they need to stop having kids explaining why (bad for a woman's body)

* J'slaves talking to a guy alone for all of 30 seconds while they were bathing in the Dead Sea

* Jackson using his pizza parlor tickets to buy Hannie a princess set instead of getting something for himself

* JB saying "tube steak" instead of hotdog during the camping in yard episode (too funny)

* The J'slaves playing in the Dead Sea mud

* Grandma Duggar trying to collect Dead Sea mud in a plastic bag

* Grandma riding that ground bicycle...so funny to watch

* Josh proposing to Anna on her birthday (somewhat decent proposal-actually thought they would kiss)

Worse:

* The whole Jubilee episode

* Exploiting Grandpa Duggar's death

* Josie having a seizure and Michelle not coming home immediately

* Josie needing an Israeli doctor to fly home

* Josh falling asleep while Anna was in hard labor

* Anna's toilet birth

* The beautiful dress from Kleinfeld's that had to have a t-shirt sewn in to it (that made it hideous)

* Jason falling through the stage

* Jackson getting lost at the airport (epic buddy system fail)

* J'slaves taking responsibility for JB's diet

* J'slaves taking responsibility for the boys not reading the instructions before having wisdom teeth cut out

* All episodes where they turn up their noses at ethnic food...very rude

* All episodes featuring the Bates

* Waving at the crowd during the Clan Gathering parade in Scotland (Scottish people correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a no no except for royalty?)

* The episode with Sarah Malley

* JB needing his breakfast before taking Michelle to the hospital (on 1st or 2nd special before series began)

* Joy Anna covering the TV screen and not knowing what defrauding means

(There's probably lots more but those are the ones that come immediately to mind)

Archived