IGNORED

Best or worst Duggar moments...

homeschoolmomma1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What episode was the Josiah arm twist again?

When they announced Michelle was pregnant with Jubilee, I think the season finale.

nvm _lilith beat me to it. The episode was called 'Duggars: All You Wanted to Know.'

That episode title is stupid- they never tell us nothing!

Yep. It's always the same stuff we've heard before. No one ever asks them the hard questions, or if they do, the Duggars just gloss over them or ignore them altogether.

What episode/s were the ones with Grandpa Duggar? I never saw any of them.

For me the worst was when they're so uppity traveling, trying new things, meeting "weird people."

Part of me wants to not snark at Anna for the toilet birth. At least she made her own decision there.

What episode/s were the ones with Grandpa Duggar? I never saw any of them.

For me the worst was when they're so uppity traveling, trying new things, meeting "weird people."

Part of me wants to not snark at Anna for the toilet birth. At least she made her own decision there.

They are in season 2 (18 kids and counting).

He is in some season 1 (17 k&c) episodes, he is lucid in those (and expresses reservations about all the pregnancies).

Yes, I remember him saying everyone got along, and wondering how anyone could be that out of touch. I mean, Josh watches Faux News, they talk about the middle east conflict endlessly.

Yeah, but America loves Israel and it's the Christian* holy land so all those conflicts in the Middle East don't touch Israel!

*By that I mean Jesus was Jewish so it's obviously only Holy for Christians right? Why else would TLC have to do any sort of creative editing to make it seem like the Jews and Muslims living there are just guests?

They are in season 2 (18 kids and counting).

He is in some season 1 (17 k&c) episodes, he is lucid in those (and expresses reservations about all the pregnancies).

Yes, a greatest moment: When Grandpa Duggar said he wishes they would just stop already! (wording not exact, but the sentiment was).

Yes, a greatest moment: When Grandpa Duggar said he wishes they would just stop already! (wording not exact, but the sentiment was).

I actually posted that clip on TWOP last week; it was part of a segment depicting the actual topic at hand. Grandpa's "I wish they'd just stop" or whatever the phraseology was = WIN! And probably the reason he's being treated like yesterday's garbage now.

I actually posted that clip on TWOP last week; it was part of a segment depicting the actual topic at hand. Grandpa's "I wish they'd just stop" or whatever the phraseology was = WIN! And probably the reason he's being treated like yesterday's garbage now.

So much for obeying one's parents/father. :roll:

I liked on the World Tour when JB thought the sword swallower was great, until he asked him what his "faith background" was. They couldn't get away fast enough after finding out he was a non-believer.

Worst moment by a non-Duggar was when Jackson was about 4 and a camerman told on him for dancing.

I liked on the World Tour when JB thought the sword swallower was great, until he asked him what his "faith background" was. They couldn't get away fast enough after finding out he was a non-believer.

Worst moment by a non-Duggar was when Jackson was about 4 and a camerman told on him for dancing.

But, but, he wasn't dancing. He was just jumping for joy. Jessa said so!!

Worst:

-The creationist museum. (I'm a biologist, and I could not handle even finishing that episode.) I remember Josh saying something like "when you really study it, it becomes obvious that evolution makes no sense."

-Boob saying that so many people get a college degree and then end up not using it - like HE is really the smart one for not allowing his kids to go to college....like they should be thankful that he is saving them from wasting their time and money.

-When one of the parents said something like "Jana used to be a very active child too, but she turned out to be a polite young lady. We hope Joy Anna will follow in her footsteps."

- Finally, as others have said, the episode where Jackson is dancing in imitation of a toy, and the camera man asks Jana "Why is he dancing? I thought that wasn't allowed" and Jana? looks downright apologetic (cuz she knows it's f'ing ridiculous) as she answers "we call it jumping for joy."

Jackson at 3 or 4 years old getting lost at Liberty International and no one in the family even realizing he was missing until a cameraman heard a PA announcement from Security should be proof enough to anyone that Michelle and Boob have far too many kids to manage.

I'd forgotten Jim Bob's almost sheepish "it can happen to anyone so please don't judge" speech. No, Jim Bob, people don't normally lose complete track of their toddlers in busy international airport terminals.

Wow. I can only watch on youtube or in a hotel room as we haven't had cable for a while. I need to see the England episode!!!

I jumped through hoops to see the Israel episode and was shocked that they didn't even meet up with a similarly sized Jewish family or Muslim family or both! And the way JimBoob acted like that Muslim girl had the plague or something. She must not watch hard enough b/c its obvious that they'd hate Muslims, but come on couldn't he summon up a little politeness? And zero acknowledgement that a Jewish doctor was treating their child. I'm sure that they tell their kids Jews and Muslims are evil when there are no cameras, but when a Jew (or Muslim or Athiest) or whatever can be of service to them they feel like they can take advantage of that. ARGH!

I never saw the Grandpa episode but it sounds disgusting. It reminds me of what I read about the young girl who was terminally ill who flew to them to meet them instead of them flying out to visit her. The idea that a girl that sick would be travelling anywhere for five minutes with these people is unfriggin' believable.

I personally hate anytime they say "normal families" as if they are experts on normality and its many faults. Or when they make any sort of grand proclamation about education or other families such as the sentiments about "wasting" money on college... told to them by their non-college educated parents.

Most of the episodes are on you tube. The Duggar Family Blog (not the official one, the one run by two fangirls) has links to them.

Worst: Grandpa. It's hard to pick a particular issue. Dragging him out on the office chair with all of the grandkids and Bates kids leaping about. Turning his funeral into a circus by filming the family arriving without warning them, filming the toddlers seeing Grandpa in the open casket, etc. Talking about how bad a father he was in speaking engagements.

Funniest: Jim Bob explaining to the kids in Scotland that 'This is where King James wrote the bible.' SOTDRT fail. You would think a man educated at a Christian school would know about King James assembling bishops to translate the bible for him.

Worst: Grandpa. It's hard to pick a particular issue. Dragging him out on the office chair with all of the grandkids and Bates kids leaping about. Turning his funeral into a circus by filming the family arriving without warning them, filming the toddlers seeing Grandpa in the open casket, etc. Talking about how bad a father he was in speaking engagements.

Funniest: Jim Bob explaining to the kids in Scotland that 'This is where King James wrote the bible.' SOTDRT fail. You would think a man educated at a Christian school would know about King James assembling bishops to translate the bible for him.

The quality of JimBob's education or the amount of effort he actually put into it is probably pretty low. He probably only started "reading" the Bible in High School/early 20s and even then relied on other people pre-digesting it for him and telling him what opinions he should have regarding it. Its amazing how little people like him know about the Bible they are reading.... And I would bet that in every KJV they have there's something written about its origins. Its no different then their weirdo version of American History where they take in some Gothard digested version and make up the rest. I bet he's never actually been intellectually curious enough to spend five minutes looking up the origins of the book he supposedly bases his entire life on.

I don't think I could watch the Grandpa Duggar ep even if I found it on youtube. To put a really sick man in an office chair and wheel him around? Seriously? What about a wheel chair at least? I'm sure that Grandpa enjoyed seeing his grandkids in his last days, but I suspect he was manhandled the whole time.... after all I see the way they treat Josie. Can you imagine if her doctors see the episodes and see her being taken on trips (when they told them to stay home for 2 years) and seeing her get manhandled by grubby fingered children and their feelings of powerlessness to help the life they saved? I'd be pissed if I were them, and frustrated because there would be nothing I could do within the ethical constraints of the profession (although I'm sure seeing your patients on television mistreated must not be a common occurrence!)

Another low I'd note is their mockery of the original owner of the house they stayed in (gratis I believe) when Josie was in the hospital. The woman was a birth control advocate and one of the founders of Planned Parenthood. They mocked her on camera without knowing a thing about her, her motives, what life was like for women in her day and age, or the many great things that PP does 97 percent of the time when they are not assisting women get abortions. I read about her after the episode and found that she spent her entire life trying to help the poor and being a social advocate. This woman had SIX children at a time when it was still sorta dangerous to have kids, and she became a widow. She wasn't some crazy broad out to limit the population, she truly believed in social justice and she knew what child bearing and raising was like. Unlike the Duggars she realized that there's a difference between having the means and how much of a struggle it was for poor women to keep having children they couldn't feed. It sounds like she truly loved children and wanted to advocate for them and their mothers. She did have an involvement in the eugenics movement, but the blurbs on her sounded like it was mainly to provide free BC to poor women and not the forced sterilization stuff that was also around. I'm not sure if this is correct. Anyhoo, I'm sure she was an incredibly flawed woman in many ways but she also spent her life doing community service and to have those ignorant boobs stay in her house and then insult her without knowing more than she supported birth control is just a level of ignorance that I cannot stand. Why not friggin' google her name and see if you can't find ONE good thing to say about her.

I'm going to stop ranting and go study :-) Ignorance just gets me fired up.

I was looking for info on what they did to Grandpa Duggar and found out they have an episode entitled "Duggars' Room With a View". I haven't read A Room With a View yet (it's on my long list of books to read), but according to Wikipedia:

The main themes of this novel include repressed sexuality, freedom from institutional religion, growing up and true love.

I know the Duggars don't choose the episode titles, but it irks me that TLC co-opted the famous title for a show about a family that seems to epitomize what the book criticises.

-Boob saying that so many people get a college degree and then end up not using it - like HE is really the smart one for not allowing his kids to go to college....like they should be thankful that he is saving them from wasting their time and money.

I have a degree. I'm also unemployed. Nevertheless, I use the skills I developed over the course of my degree every single day. How else would I have the critical thinking skills to recognise the flaws in fundie logic? :lol:

Education is about more than getting a job.

-When one of the parents said something like "Jana used to be a very active child too, but she turned out to be a polite young lady. We hope Joy Anna will follow in her footsteps."

This is so sad. Jana seems to me to be one of the most oppressed, maybe because she's the oldest girl and/or because she just doesn't swallow the Kool-Aid.

Not to mention that it was translated after he'd moved to England :roll:

Archived