IGNORED

Best or worst Duggar moments...

homeschoolmomma1

For me it is when the kids thought the bidet was a sink. I wonder how they explained what it really was when the cameras were off ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly when JB and Michelle innocently visited a head shop and didn't realize it until one of the camera crew brought it up during the interview portion.

Riffles

Worst: Anna giving birth on the toilet. There were many times before that when I thought they were fame whores, but Michael's birth was the first FAME WHORE!!!!! moment. I still can't believe they reduced themselves to that level. :shock: :evil:

ETA: I had forgotten what they did to Grandpa. So in terms of doing to themselves, Anna's toilet birth is the worst. In terms of them doing to others, Grandpa Duggar is the worst.

After I reread this thread, I remembered them wheeling him out on a damn office chair when the man was obviously in pain and could barely speak. And then milked his funeral for all it was worth.

Anna's horrified reaction to 'Toad in the Hole' on the World Tour episodes. Most of them felt it was so literal, I despair they dont understand or fully grasp the English language or the concept of metaphor!

Anna's horrified reaction to 'Toad in the Hole' on the World Tour episodes. Most of them felt it was so literal, I despair they dont understand or fully grasp the English language or the concept of metaphor!

Why don't they just ask? Instead of rolling eyes or looking like they want to cry

Worst:

-Some of the Duggars' rude attitudes during the World Tour episode

-Josh's attitude when some of the kids stayed with him and Anna after Josie's birth,

-Grandpa Duggar's funeral

-some of the attitudes at the Ethopian restaurant

- Jill's claims that "a lot of parents kick their kids out to go to college or after age 18"

Possibly when JB and Michelle innocently visited a head shop and didn't realize it until one of the camera crew brought it up during the interview portion.

Riffles

Yeah, I call bullshit on this one. I think they knew all along what it was, but being the fame whores they are, they and their producers saw a "good TV" opportunity. Head shops have posters of weed and the Zig-Zag man all over they place. They couldn't have not known. They're not that freakin' innocent.

This. 100%

Second.

Followed by Josh's whole "courtship" of Anna and cumulating in the moment Pa Keller gave us the sociology lesson that the wine in the Bible is actually grape juice. :doh:

Yeah, I call bullshit on this one. I think they knew all along what it was, but being the fame whores they are, they and their producers saw a "good TV" opportunity. Head shops have posters of weed and the Zig-Zag man all over they place. They couldn't have not known. They're not that freakin' innocent.

They grew up non-fundie in a small town. They totally knew what they were walking into, and were well aware of what those "glasswares" were.

Older girl trying to read out "bangers and mash" on the innacurately named World Tour. SOTDRT fail.

Worst: Boob's constant attempts to stave off science by saying crap like "we didn't come from monkeys" and "we could all fit in Jacksonville." Sure Michelle does it too, and sometime the kids, but the way Jim Bob says these things just screams "I'm a n idiot with a big head who doesn't understand what they say so I'm gonna say random words until they stop and call it an argument against them."

What they did to Grandpa Duggar.

Ditto. A man with late stage terminal brain caner who cannot speak just can't give consent to be filmed. i don't care what his contract said. For that alone JB&M deserve the Mommie Dearest treatment when their time comes.

Josh's courtship, and Josiah's arm twisting also rate up there. Filming Josie in the NICU episode for episode was horrible for so many reasons.

The world tour ranks up there too. Israel - the only country with no Jews! (according to the Duggars)

What they did to Grandpa Duggar.

I stopped watching after this episode and because of the fact they are incredibly boring.

The world tour ranks up there too. Israel - the only country with no Jews! (according to the Duggars)

Wtf, did they really say that? I watched it and saw plenty of horrific moments of stupidity, but I missed that one.

When I see the headshop (which my iPad keeps changing to headship :D ) episode I always think of my Dad, who owns a headshop. I think he'd feel much more of a culture shock than the Duggars if they walked into his shop and JimBob started talking about his 19 kids and the funny glassware. He may not like it, but old hippies are much more mainstream than the Duggars in a lot of ways.

Best, only in that there was real emotion and not those fake plastic smiles- The shot of JB calling to tell the family that Michelle was having a C-Section with Josie. Those emotions were real and I felt for him in that moment, although I don't think that it should have been filmed

And when the Jubilee miscarriage happened. It was clear that JB was actually grieving. Once again, it should not have been filmed, but it was nice to real something real on their very fauxeality show.

Worst- Josiah arm twist. It was so sad to see it and see how, on a larger scale, the kids are not allowed to have any real emotions.

Whichever one of the J'kids fell into the orchestra pit or whatever it was. Michelle standing there filming made me SO angry, when her son was scared and clearly hurting. She is his mother. She should be only focused on her son, not the show. Plus, that smile.

The way beautiful Jordyn is so completely ignored.

Agreed! My heart breaks for Jordyn and Jennifer. They always seem to be completely ignored.

Jennifer has "Dill", Jordyn apparently has no one. I think her buddy has checked out long ago.

Wtf, did they really say that? I watched it and saw plenty of horrific moments of stupidity, but I missed that one.

No, but they just edited it to look like a Christian holy land them park instead of the Jewish homeland. JB also said that everyone got along there - like in New York! He also freaked out when an American Muslim woman mentioned studying the Palestinian conflict.

New low moment: Laughing at Jackson getting lost.

No, but they just edited it to look like a Christian holy land them park instead of the Jewish homeland. JB also said that everyone got along there - like in New York! He also freaked out when an American Muslim woman mentioned studying the Palestinian conflict.

New low moment: Laughing at Jackson getting lost.

Yes, I remember him saying everyone got along, and wondering how anyone could be that out of touch. I mean, Josh watches Faux News, they talk about the middle east conflict endlessly.

Worst moments:

Boob's comment about shingles and chicken pox.

That kid falling in the orchestra pit and the family including his "mother" filming the entire thing instead of comforting her son.

Anna giving birth on the toilet while her lazy douchebag husband took a nap during the whole thing.

The way Grandpa Duggar was treated.

This. 100%

Even worse is how they've thrown him under the bus after his death.

I'm not convinced they knew they were in a head shop. They didn't smoke pot or hang out with kids who did, so they'd have no reference point to recognize pipes, bongs, or know what a pot leaf looks like or what zig-zag rolling paper is for. They seem more obsessed about alcohol; hillbilly heroin doesn't even seem to be on their radar.

Sean also shared that the Duggars were driven through the Castro in a limo on Halloween night. It wasn't taped (they taped earlier that day then drove out to Lodi for the speaking engagement that night - with the detour), but he reported that Boob and Mullet saw a lot of things they'd never seen before (pity it was raining that night...they could have seen even more assless chaps and leather). :dance:

Even worse is how they've thrown him under the bus after his death.

I'm not convinced they knew they were in a head shop. They didn't smoke pot or hang out with kids who did, so they'd have no reference point to recognize pipes, bongs, or know what a pot leaf looks like or what zig-zag rolling paper is for. They seem more obsessed about alcohol; hillbilly heroin doesn't even seem to be on their radar:

But they grew up watching television, listening to the radio etc, and Michelle went to public school. Surely they would have some idea.

Now I'm imagining Josh as a pothead,sitting in his living room surrounded by mcdonalds wrappers, and JimBob coming over and admiring his "interesting glassware", maybe getting a Jslave to come over and clean it for him. If they really are that naive, how would they even know if one of their kids was doing drugs?

JB also said that everyone got along there - like in New York!

...Lifetime New Yorker here. Has he ever been to New York?

Archived