IGNORED

Mom smothers 6-week-old with Bible pages

silvia

Heartbreaking. It reminds me of Andrea Yates. I think doctors should be required to regularly follow up with pregnant women who struggle with any kind of mental illness, even if it means regular visits from CPS. That may seem instrusive, but it might help to stop shit like this from happening.

Christianity: You're Doing It Wrong.

This article reminded me of that episode of Firefly where River "fixed" the shepard's Bible.

I read shit like this and my mind returns to the same question: why why why why???? I mean, what the fuck?!

Where was her psychaitrist, her ob, her husband, her mother, her best friend, her pastor??? Where. Were. They??? She had a history of mental illness. Why wasn't her husband and family [at the very least] monitoring her behavior during the pregnancy and after childbirth??? Are they even educated about this woman's disorder and mental health history?? Or do they waste their time praying it away???

I read shit like this and my mind returns to the same question: why why why why???? I mean, what the fuck?!

Where was her psychaitrist, her ob, her husband, her mother, her best friend, her pastor??? Where. Were. They??? She had a history of mental illness. Why wasn't her husband and family [at the very least] monitoring her behavior during the pregnancy and after childbirth??? Are they even educated about this woman's disorder and mental health history?? Or do they waste their time praying it away???

Her husband is ill as well.

Poor baby, better off away from parents like that, but would have been better in care.

Archived