IGNORED

Polygamy on Anderson Live

Yea if she was so into privacy I cannot understand why she used her name on her yahoo email address that's posted on the blog.

I wonder if we will get a blog shout out or the blog will just go private :lol:

I don't think it will go private, she has been called out pretty harshly by polygamy forums for years and she doesn't close down. Whoever or whatever she is, she likes attention. She even came visiting over here to ask for some, as soon as she heard the slightest mention had been made of her.

Does anyone know if $150 a day clear is possible with a small free range egg operation? It seems like a lot of money.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on how many people are working. Lets look at the math based on my local prices. $3 a dozen is fair market around here for a dozen eggs. At that price she would be gathering and packaging 50 dozen or 600 eggs a day.

Depends on how many people are working. Lets look at the math based on my local prices. $3 a dozen is fair market around here for a dozen eggs. At that price she would be gathering and packaging 50 dozen or 600 eggs a day.

That's a lot of eggs, especially pregnant and looking after a baby boy and toddler twins. According to her the chickens are her responsibility and income, not a family thing.

In this post she says she gets 40 dozen eggs a day which brings them around $200 thats $5 a dozen for eggs. I've never paid that much for free range eggs at the grocery store.

http://megans-polyblog.blogspotDOTcom/2 ... -2012.html

In this post she says she gets 40 dozen eggs a day which brings them around $200 thats $5 a dozen for eggs. I've never paid that much for free range eggs at the grocery store.

Yea I call bullshit. When my DD was buying them for the rest. she was paying between $2. (summer) and $2.75 winter prices for 20 doz a week.

If the numbers on the chickens are correct, I feel bad for the animals. 1000 chickens laying 480 eggs per day in June? Yikes, they must not be getting adequate nutrition. :(

MeganC is on the homeschool thread claiming she got a graduated high school with a 3.5 GPA. Somehow she managed to do this while having a kid at 17 and doing all kinds of drugs. Something's not adding up here and I'm suspicious because we've had a lot of rug-shitters lately. Frankly, I'm not inclined to believe anything she says right now.

I didn't do drugs and I had my girls at 19 and I never said different.

Have you pulled your blog permanently?

Would you please address the questions I asked earlier?

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to clarify.

Hi Megan.

I know it's a hard thing to think about because this relationship has given you children you obviously love, but with maturity and hindsight do you think you could have found more happiness and fulfillment if you took a different path at 18?

Maybe. I know I thought about it a lot. It is not like I did this and never had any regrets once in a while.

If you had had an oppourtunity to spend more time with the family you married at the same time as establishing yourself as an independent adult and building relationships in the outside world, do you think you would have married them?

I think I would have missed a lot if I did something else. This was really strange for me at first and for a long while after but now I can't imagine not being around with my family.

Apart from polygamy, are your churches beliefs different from mainstream Christianity?

No, not really. They used to be a cult and there is a lot of bad history there and now they are very careful about avoiding anything that would be close to a cult. Like the pastors don't have any major authority just like in most churches. Charismatic leadership is something that no one wants.

Do you think you could have found happiness and security within a more traditional congregation?

I don't think I would be going to church at all if I wasn't here. I was never really interested and still have a hard time getting into it all.

Have you pulled your blog permanently?

No, there was some sort of virus called Kuinochi that was causing my page to go to some Chinese website. It is fixed now.

Would you please address the questions I asked earlier?

I did.

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to clarify.

Thank you for being nice about it all. I really appreciate that.

I don't think it will go private, she has been called out pretty harshly by polygamy forums for years and she doesn't close down. Whoever or whatever she is, she likes attention. She even came visiting over here to ask for some, as soon as she heard the slightest mention had been made of her.

Does anyone know if $150 a day clear is possible with a small free range egg operation? It seems like a lot of money.

Here I can get $4 or more a dozen, I can sell to a couple stores, but mostly they will only take 30 dozen a week. With about 30 animals I go through a bag of feed a week, and the cheapest I can get is about $14 a bag, but I go with $16 a bag stuff. I could ask more if I fed organic, but my profit margin would be a lot smaller. With 30 chickens, not all will be laying at any given time, so you probably would have about 10-24 eggs a day, not all eggs will be saleable either.

(and these numbers don't include the cost of bedding for the coop or nest boxes, refrigeration for the eggs, egg cartons or cleaning the eggs.)

Yea I call bullshit. When my DD was buying them for the rest. she was paying between $2. (summer) and $2.75 winter prices for 20 doz a week.

Here it ranges between $4-6 from the farmer for a dozen. So it can be higher in cost, but it depends on the region. I don't think that they are in a higher cost region.

If the numbers on the chickens are correct, I feel bad for the animals. 1000 chickens laying 480 eggs per day in June? Yikes, they must not be getting adequate nutrition. :(

Could be a variety of factors- could be some broodies, they could have egg theives, some could be moulting.... I have 17 hens of laying age and I'm getting between 9 and 12 eggs a day right now, one hen is broody, one just got over being broody, and another just got over being broody which always triggers a moult for her. Older hens also won't lay every day.

But I have a hard time believing that they're having predator problems with stray cats and dogs and none attacking the chickens? Really? The reason my numbers are down right now are from predators that I have managed keep out now with a reenforced coop, but the babies haven't started laying yet.

http://megans-polyblog.blogspot.com/201 ... -2012.html

Okay, WTF is this?

Cydne is fitting in just fine and is like part of the family now. She is like us and wearing maxi dresses or shorts around the house instead of farm dresses and all and she likes it a lot.

Um farm dresses? huh?

http://megans-polyblog.blogspot.com/201 ... -july.html

I hope everyone is doing okay with all the heat going on. It has been bad here and we are as hot as some of you are. I am praying for cooler weather. We lost a few chickens the last two days and have had to turn the air conditioners on for them.

Okay, this also doesn't make sense. If you have 1000 chickens in a barn you do not run AC for them. You use fans and swamp coolers. Also, while some breeds are very heat sensitive, the ones used for the highest egg production are not. I've had a few days in the high 90's up to 100 and never used AC or even fans with my free range hens, they find a good tree to cool off under. (the main thing is that egg production would really drop.)

OK, so MeganC claims to have learned how to do drugs in high school, but now claims to have never done them. I guess she just watched other people do drugs? She also allegedly got a 3.5 GPA in high school without actually attending high school. Yeah, this one is a real winner.

She also hasn't answered my questions about treating vulnerable young men the same way that vulnerable young women are treated in her church. And she won't answer because she's a hypocrite and knows it, but won't admit to it outright.

I'm gonna bump this up because dear Megan has been posting again today and ignoring questions previously asked of her.

Trying to figure this out.

December 8, 2011

To answer one of the questions that got posted there is no one pregnant in the house right now. Christie and Macy both miscarried their last two babies and Stevie gave birth to her new baby on Monday night. In the family tradition she gave birth to a little girl who came a little early but is healthy and weighs 6 1/2 pounds. Her name is Elizabeth and she is a very happy little girl!

http://megans-polyblog.blogspot.com/201 ... -2011.html

and

Happy 4th of July!

Our happy news is that yesterday morning Stevie had her baby! Rebecca Ann is six pounds, nine ounces, and is seventeen inches of happiness! She's got a little bit of black hair, too. Stevie had a hard time with babies and pregnancy so this is a real blessing to her.

http://megans-polyblog.blogspot.com/201 ... -july.html

I think Elizabeth is Stevies second blessing. It's not like Megan will post on this thread and clarify. :roll:

But to have one baby on December 5th, 2011 and a second one on July 3rd, 2012?

It's a miracle Wolfie, come on where is your faith? :lol:

Megan, one more question- explain the comments here aminaspolyblog.wordpress.com/2010/01/03/cooking-2/ Googling also shows that we discussed her on the yuku board- yet she still shows up here as if nothing is wrong?

Maybe if they performed their "marital duties" before end of December, and had a premature baby (born at least 2 months early) weighing almost 7lbs, it makes sense? Apparently it must be a very healthy preemie too, as no mention of her needing any medical care for, you know, her undeveloped lungs.

Such a blessing!

Hopefully Stevie, who has had such a hard time with babies and pregnancy, will be able to have another 6 1/2 - 7 lb baby in time for Christmas this year!

Girl can't even spin a believable lie.

Archived