IGNORED

Headcovering IS THE WAY

contrary

oh, Joanne, you joyless minx!

Today, she is discussing all of the excuses women give for not covering.

Apparently, the ONLY one she can accept is:

Another excuse: "My husband does not want me to."

Here is the ONLY excuse I can see that might be legitimate. If your heart's desire is to wear a covering but your husband does not want you to, then the Lord will not hold you accountable for not wearing one ... you are obeying your head as the Lord has commanded. However, if you are THANKFUL that your husband does not want you to wear one, you are just as guilty as he is. (Ananias and Sapphira come to mind.)

good gravy. Let's just put aside all the total BS going on with her entire post, and discuss the minutiae of this response.

If you don't want to cover, your husband doesn't want you to cover, and you are THANKFUL that your husband told you not to cover...YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!

HELLLLLLL.

Lord, this woman.

Joanne? YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

I've been watching it since she posted the first one the other day. This one just blows my mind. I can't imagine willingly living such a dull, joyless life.

Ps. Could you tell she was getting a little pissed with them in the first post? :lol: Joanne gets snippy when people won't play dress up with her.

She is a snippy twat. someone should remind her that PRIDE is a DEADLY SIN!

but i think Joanne is so hung up on the minutiae of her rules, that she has entirely lost the big picture.

fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.com/

eta: I also love the excuse for not covering, because PEOPLE MIGHT THINK I'M TEH IZLAM! For Joanne, better to be mistaken for TEH IZLAM than to be mistaken for TEH WORLDLY!

Her own arguments against people's reasons for not covering are not only condescending, but completely illogical. Anyone she convinces with this "logic" needs to have their head examined.

She also says that, if you insert one "excuse" into Scripture,

It makes Paul sound like an idiot.

Huh. I always kind of thought Paul *was* an idiot.

Her own arguments against people's reasons for not covering are not only condescending, but completely illogical. Anyone she convinces with this "logic" needs to have their head examined.

By George, I think she's got it. :lol:

So under this logic, I am not responsible for my own actions if my husband tells me not to do something? But since I am single my father probably plays that role, awesome! Nice to know I am no longer responsible for my own actions.

Love her church's sign (no, I don't) about the abominations of "bossy wives and women preaching."

I"m in a reflective mood today. On my plate are (in no particular order of importance):

prepping for an overnight guest

bringing a bedframe downstairs by myself

prepping for out of towners I haven't seen in years who will be visiting

paying some bills

figuring out where to put the chemicals and cleaners I don't use daily, rather than keep them under the kitchen sink cluttering things up unnecessarily

getting a bunch of stuff to Goodwill

getting a bunch of stuff on eBay

grocery shopping

getting a bunch of stuff to one of the Junior's house

laundry

the remainder of my daily FJ minutes

I don't have a sliver of time left in which to abjure women against being bossy, nor preaching, and whether or not my outfit today includes a head-dress has way more to do with preventing sun overexposure than with showing somebody "I'm a Chrisschen woman who honors mah husband" which I would hope my behavior and bearing shows, anyway.

Who are these people like Joanne and what do their homes look like?

Even if they don't blog, I just can't get it! Who cares about this stuff? Who has time? And more to the point, once one believes that there's a God who sent Her own Son to make all our sins go away in God's eyes, why would they want to sit aroudn criticizing and threatening others over minutiae? Why would they not be loving, giving examples of God's and Christ's love to their fellow humans?

I simply do not get it.

Maybe I need another break from snarking ... because it just confuses me to be around the objects of snark.

she doesn't have to keep house because she's living in her church's basement. I imagine she really has very, very little to do all day.

Is she part of a denomination that requires her to dress as she does? If not, I'm beginning to think that these ladies are roleplaying their desired fantasy lives. Maybe some of these really submissive women enjoy being submissive. :twisted: If only it didn't affect the children so much.

Joanne does enjoy it, but i truly feel for her children, esp her daughter.

to paraphrase (and others, please correct my mistakes): Joanne was married to an asshole. She divorced him. She met and married another man who was a very good man, and good to her and her children.

she got borned again. she realized that in god's eyes, divorce was bad and she was committing adultery by having married another man when her "real" husband (the asshole) was still alive. So she divorced the good man, and somehow ended up with her children in a church basement wearing headcoverings and linen tents.

Joanne does enjoy it, but i truly feel for her children, esp her daughter.

to paraphrase (and others, please correct my mistakes): Joanne was married to an asshole. She divorced him. She met and married another man who was a very good man, and good to her and her children.

she got borned again. she realized that in god's eyes, divorce was bad and she was committing adultery by having married another man when her "real" husband (the asshole) was still alive. So she divorced the good man, and somehow ended up with her children in a church basement wearing headcoverings and linen tents.

That makes me sad.

I believe FJ has already coined a term to describe Joanne's behavior, 'Fuckwittery'. Her blog merely evidences her grossly selfish ways.

Divorce was bad in the eyes of the cult she dived head long into. I'm guessing God was probably ok with her and second husband and is now facepalming over her current situation.

what a strange story. Thanks for the summary. Her 'About me' text was way too long to read it.

But since she is single right now, how decides for her? She needs a headship, doesn't she??

as correctly corrected by TXDuck, her current headship is the "pastor" of the "church" she is living under.

I skimmed through her About Me section. She seems very full of herself and rather chaotic. Fuckwittery, indeed.

Huh. I always kind of thought Paul *was* an idiot.

Agreed.

Joanne brings a whole new dimension to the word, "Frumper". Her personal story is pretty wild. I am a liberal, and far more conservative in my personal life than she has been, little kerchief notwithstanding. There were three men all together. Two husbands and one sperm donor to start the family off. And yes, her headship is her pastor, she met him online.

She and her children are all painfully thin. I wonder if they get enough food. They are living in the basement of a church, dependent on the charity of that Church. I suspect this is a tiny, tiny church with very few families. My grandparents lived near Monett for years. It is a small, conservative town, but even in Monett, there cannot be an abundance of frumpercovering families. She cannot work, as she is a woman and weaker vessel, so every morsel in their mouths and every scrap of headcloth is a gift, given by someone in the Church.

At some point, you wonder if it will end, or if she will stay in the basement forever, like some demented, fundie Anchorite, spewing judgment through the intrawebz.

So I am assuming she never braids her hair? After all, braids make an idiot out of Paul.

Ugh. She divorced someone who was good to her and the children? When the cult implodes (and it will), she is going to be very bad off. Her poor second husband, the change and divorce must have been quite a shock. I hope her kids are able to escape.

Joanne's brand of joyless crazy strikes me as remarkably similar to Steve Maxwell's.

Perhaps they'll become great friends one day soon...

Archived