IGNORED

Oatmeal=punishment for lying? A letter to Lori's kids

Thanks for getting where I was coming from. I really think most kids are pretty darn cute, but YES this bunch sure has an unfortunate combo of genes going on.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would much, much rather my mom have made me eat a meal I didn't like than the punishment I always received: time-outs when I was younger and groundings as I aged. And honestly I was punished very little in my life, I was always a kid who behaved for the sake of it's not worth the trouble to misbehave. I was also pretty rebellious when I wanted to be though. But I so wish I'd been given some nasty food than the hours my ADHD self spent bored silly. I'm lucky I probably have the most active imagination in the world or I'd have acted out during a time out.

The only thing I see wrong with Kendall's list is that after a certain amount of time sun-protection should be reapplied. So while it does save time there for the FIRST application, I hope she knows she'll still have to do it while there. I am the world's worst about sunscreen, and if I went by risky behaviors alone I'd suspect I'll die of skin cancer, and I've had so many painful burns. But I wouldn't do that to a child.

The only thing I see wrong with Kendall's list is that after a certain amount of time sun-protection should be reapplied. So while it does save time there for the FIRST application, I hope she knows she'll still have to do it while there.

And because it takes about half an hour to be absorbed and effective, we all should do it before we head out into the sun, whether we care about saving time or not.

[quote="Conuly"

The punishment might be as mild as a sigh and a "I'm very disappointed in you",

That is NOT a mild punishment! I was definitely traumatized more by hearing that message than I was by being hit/violent punishments.

Wait, are you being serious or sarcastic? And if the former, what do you suggest when we ARE disappointed in them?

Wait, are you being serious or sarcastic? And if the former, what do you suggest when we ARE disappointed in them?

Was being serious, but maybe I was just weird that it bothered me that much.

Side note to Lori:

You should start hoping they DON'T look back on the time you forced a food they didn't like into their mouths as punishment.

You should start hoping they DON'T remember being lined up for "Sit Time". While you're at it maybe you should hope that they DON'T remember the times they moved or talked during sit time and you used your "implement of correction" as you like to call it on them. Maybe they won't remember that you took picture of your baby (yes she was still a baby) sobbing after you hit her, or that you commented on how she smiled for the first picture (when sit time started) because according to you she had no idea what was coming.

Maybe they won't remember the times you showed them the "implement of correction" in church either, or the naps and chocolate you so often require to cope with motherhood.

Yeah, maybe you should forget worrying about what they do remember, and start hoping that there's a lot they DON'T remember.

I know, right? If motherhood stresses her out that much, here's a hint: STOP HAVING KIDS.

Thanks for getting where I was coming from. I really think most kids are pretty darn cute, but YES this bunch sure has an unfortunate combo of genes going on.

Thank goodness somebody said it. OT, but this needs to be said about McKM's kids too.

Is this the same woman that adopted two children from Haiti, and then said they were demons or something? I sometimes have a hard time keeping the fundies straight.

Using food as punishment is a great way to create disordered eating. And training children to cry quietly is a great way to communicate to them that their emotional life is unimportant.

Is this the same woman that adopted two children from Haiti, and then said they were demons or something? I sometimes have a hard time keeping the fundies straight.

Using food as punishment is a great way to create disordered eating. And training children to cry quietly is a great way to communicate to them that their emotional life is unimportant.

No, not the same.

Will someone go look at her 5/24 post about their new van and tell me if I'm seeing things: It looks like she has Finn in a forward facing seat?!?!

Thank goodness somebody said it. OT, but this needs to be said about McKM's kids too.

Yeahhhh, I don't get the fawning "they're so cute!" comments. I figure this thread isn't directly related to the Mck stuff, so if they do ever end up reading about their mother's crazy in later years, this won't turn up... and therefore I'm going to say here, that those kids are ... not cute. Nothing wrong with it. But they are kind of, uh, anti-cute.

Yeahhhh, I don't get the fawning "they're so cute!" comments. I figure this thread isn't directly related to the Mck stuff, so if they do ever end up reading about their mother's crazy in later years, this won't turn up... and therefore I'm going to say here, that those kids are ... not cute. Nothing wrong with it. But they are kind of, uh, anti-cute.

When people show pictures of their children, unless their children are actually deformed you're supposed to comment on how cute they are. It's just good manners. Unless you believe in radical honesty, in which case you're supposed to stuff your mouth right then and there because it's compromising your principles instead of breaking them.

When people show pictures of their children, unless their children are actually deformed you're supposed to comment on how cute they are. It's just good manners. Unless you believe in radical honesty, in which case you're supposed to stuff your mouth right then and there because it's compromising your principles instead of breaking them.

I get "Here's a pic", "Aww, cute", but people make out-of-the-blue comments with paragraphs on how adorable just amazingly adorable they are.

She's breath-taking! /Seinfeld episode

I get "Here's a pic", "Aww, cute", but people make out-of-the-blue comments with paragraphs on how adorable just amazingly adorable they are.

It must be their way of sucking up to the original blogger. Pioneer Woman's commenters do it too, going on and on about her gorgeous kids. Said offspring are startlingly plain at best and troll-like at worst. (Handslap away...) It doesn't help that PW photoshops their eyes to make them look like children of the damned.

Yes, exactly.

It must be their way of sucking up to the original blogger. Pioneer Woman's commenters do it too, going on and on about her gorgeous kids. Said offspring are startlingly plain at best and troll-like at worst. (Handslap away...) It doesn't help that PW photoshops their eyes to make them look like children of the damned.

I think PW's kids are pretty average looking, but when she goes nuts with Photoshop she makes them look absolutely frightening. The marble-white, glowy-eyed thing is not a good look :?

I might have to request spoiler (trigger) alerts for Kendul posts. Any mention of that horrible, abusive mother makes my blood boil, ever since she came her "defending" her discipline choices. For those of you new or unaware, her husband took a day off from work so they could "spend the day" disciplining their willful daughter.

Kendul? I'm new so I don't know who that is... Link please!

And I don't know if this is possible, or if it's already been done, but is there some way to have a post with all of the "famous" baby bloggers? Kinda like the dictionary post that was recently made, but with a list of names and links. Just a suggestion :)

EDIT: She sounds horrid. Parents should take time off work to go to the park or beach with their kids; not to have a day full of correction/training/whatever nice word they call *abuse*

Guest Anonymous
Kendul? I'm new so I don't know who that is... Link please!

And I don't know if this is possible, or if it's already been done, but is there some way to have a post with all of the "famous" baby bloggers? Kinda like the dictionary post that was recently made, but with a list of names and links. Just a suggestion :)

EDIT: She sounds horrid. Parents should take time off work to go to the park or beach with their kids; not to have a day full of correction/training/whatever nice word they call *abuse*

Like the reference list that's stickied at the top of the forum, maybe? ;)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12

**ETA: Looks like either I'm missing the link or we need to update the list to include Kendal. Link is - thefatherknowsbest.com/

***ETA 2: It's already there, I was looking under F for father instead of T for the. My bad.

Can anyone else get to vitafamiliae.com today? I am getting a 403 forbidden.

I'm able to get on the page.

Can anyone else get to vitafamiliae.com today? I am getting a 403 forbidden.

I just tried, and got on with no trouble. Give it another go, hopefully it was just a momentary hiccup. :doh:

Archived