IGNORED

Razing Ruth has a new blog post up.

marmalade

I don't think it would have been a blessing to be married to someone she didn't want to be married to, whatever her reasons. That's what she escaped from. I think part of escaping her lifestyle also came with realizing she didn't need a caretaker, so I don't know if it's true but I was under the impression that's what Harris wanted to be, and she didn't want that. I think given her upbringing, having a caretaker would be the worst thing for her, because she was taught she couldn't function without one. I tend not to judge other peoples break ups in hoping they'll get back together, because if people don't want to be in a relationship they shouldn't, no exceptions.

Harris sounded like a mama's boy who couldn't/wouldn't cut the umbilical cord. Personally, I think she dodged a bullet.

I guess I didn't see it as not wanting to marry Harris. I saw it as more a fear of marriage. Then again she does not divulge any details and tends to refrain from anything that would be embarrassing others so I'm sure there's a lot I don't know as just a reader. I admire her for not hanging the dirty laundry of others (other than her father) out on the internet for everyone to see.

Even if it was a fear of marriage, if someone doesn't want to get married, for whatever reason, then it's a good thing if they don't. Plus Harris was letting his mom run his life, which couldn't be good for her after what she escaped from.

Harris sounded like a mama's boy who couldn't/wouldn't cut the umbilical cord. Personally, I think she dodged a bullet.

+1 :whistle:

For some reason I thought Ruth was in upstate NY? I have no idea wher I got that idea.

Campers are about the cheapest form of housing you can rent - can be a deal if you're really that broke and live someplace with a tolerable climate. Better than being homeless, anyway!

I agree that not marrying Harris was a good thing. I wasn't happy when she announced the engagement - I think she needs to spend time for herself for longer than that.

Angel did the same, didn't she? I suppose if you've spent your life thinking that marriage is The Happy Ending it's very tempting to use it to say "look how happy I am!"

She mentioned she's living in a camper van that somebody loaned to them. Does that mean that she's living on a campground? I don't know what it's like in California..but here in NJ, most campgrounds are only open for the summer season, or May through October. A relative of mine has a camper and for the 5 months of the year that they use it on weekends, the rent is $2000. That covers their hook up for water, sewer, etc. I guess it's cheaper than an apartment, but it still costs something to rent the property. I might have missed something.....what is Ruth now doing for a living?

IIRC - and I may not, since I thought sure that BRADRICK had written down the story of Kelly rolling under the fence - IIRC, Ruth has always been on blogspot, which is free. St least, it was when I had a blogspot some time ago.

In at least southern California, we have "permanent campers." Almost all of our campgrounds and trailer parks are year round and we have many that were originally set up for vacationers but have since been filled with permanent residents. In this economy it's quite a viable option for many.

I don't know for sure of course, but I think that much, if not all, of Ruth's story is bullshit. So much drama, so many coincidences, it boggles the mind. I think she's telling people what they want to hear. JMHO.

I don't know for sure of course, but I think that much, if not all, of Ruth's story is bullshit. So much drama, so many coincidences, it boggles the mind. I think she's telling people what they want to hear. JMHO.

I'm wondering what the coincidences are that you speak of.

I think she has the normal amount of drama. The broken leg seemed to be a very long running theme, then again its not unrealistic for a leg once broken to be easily re-injured soon after. A friend of mine managed to have a burst appendix, torn meniscus from a very otherwise innocuous skating mishap, and gallbladder surgery all in the span of 18 months. Not to mention a very dramatic "relationship" with a guy who was a total a-hole. She wasn't writing a blog but I suspect if she was people wouldn't have believed her.

Ruth didn't write very often, she did seem to write only when dramatic things were happening. Perhaps if she had written about the more mundane parts of her life it wouldn't have seemed so dramatic... I think that the true liars and exaggerators in the blogosphere are like McMama.... where they just can't stop like some Juggernaut.

In at least southern California, we have "permanent campers." Almost all of our campgrounds and trailer parks are year round and we have many that were originally set up for vacationers but have since been filled with permanent residents. In this economy it's quite a viable option for many.

I don't know what the big deal is about students living in campers. Housing is expensive in CA, same here in a PNW college town, we have our share of students that live in campers or who are outright homeless and surf the student lounges for 4 years until they graduate burdened with debt.

I don't know what the big deal is about students living in campers. Housing is expensive in CA, same here in a PNW college town, we have our share of students that live in campers or who are outright homeless and surf the student lounges for 4 years until they graduate burdened with debt.

I think if you live somewhere where you can live in a camper full time, it's a great option as a college student. I'd love a cheap living option like that...if I could do that, I would do it.

There is another new post up, Q&A style, in case anyone is interested but doesn't check the blog regularly.

Archived