IGNORED

True Blood S5!

crassy

Did anyone understand the agenda/ultimate goals of the Authority? I was soooo confused. Also Terry and Sam's storylines bore me. If you got rid of those, I think it'd be mostly ok. I loved the ending!

I don't think we're supposed to know yet.

I found the season opener a bit too "busy," too--frenetic and violent and lots of things going on with almost too many characters to keep track of. Alan Ball can let things mellow out a little without losing his audience. I think I'm not along in wanting to see a little more backstory in some of the characters.

Loved seeing part of Pam's backstory. I love her bad-assness.

Looking forward to:

*seeing Eric naked

*seeing Alcede naked

*seeing Jason naked

I guess the main "love" relationship this season is supposed to be a bromance between Bill & Eric and all the trouble their in, but I'd really like too see Sookie & Eric get back together. I think she helps him remember his humanity. I don't like Terry's storyline because I don't like to see him messed up/hurting, but I guess they have to do something with him.

Can't wait to see all of it unfold!

I don't think we're supposed to know yet.

Why? Just curious why you think we're not supposed to know. I felt like I had to know to understand what they wanted from Bill and Eric, but felt really slow because I just didn't get it.

Here are my thoughts though:

First they sound like they're against the whole Sanguanista thing because they make it seem like Bill/Eric being one would be bad. But then they have that whole blood of Lillith freaky ceremony. And they make it sound like they only mainstream because humans outnumber them, and it's safer, but they could potentially only see them as food. Maybe the Authority are the fundies of the Vampire world? :D

I'm loving the continued Bill/Eric bromance and seeing SVU's Detective Stabler as a vampire.

Loved seeing part of Pam's backstory. I love her bad-assness.

Looking forward to:

*seeing Eric naked

*seeing Alcede naked

*seeing Jason naked

I guess the main "love" relationship this season is supposed to be a bromance between Bill & Eric and all the trouble their in, but I'd really like too see Sookie & Eric get back together. I think she helps him remember his humanity. I don't like Terry's storyline because I don't like to see him messed up/hurting, but I guess they have to do something with him.

Can't wait to see all of it unfold!

To the bolded, I think one of the problems with last season and probably this one is they feel like they have to do something with all the supporting characters. Not all of them need their own distinct storyline and some of them could play supporting roles to bring it all together a bit. The seperate storyline for every single character is making the 2 episodes so far feel rushed, with too many different things happening and a bit disjointed.

To the bolded, I think one of the problems with last season and probably this one is they feel like they have to do something with all the supporting characters. Not all of them need their own distinct storyline and some of them could play supporting roles to bring it all together a bit. The seperate storyline for every single character is making the 2 episodes so far feel rushed, with too many different things happening and a bit disjointed.

ITA. Last year there were so many different completely separate story lines it was hard to keep up. You have Alcede/Debbie/New dangerous packmaster over here, Sookie/Eric/Bill, the witches and their stuff, Jesus and Lafayette leave in the middle to see Jesus's grandpa in Mexico and uncover his dark magic, Lafayette/Terry/Arlene and the singing ghost mom, Tommy and whatshername, Tommy and Sam, Tommy killing his parents, Tommy skinwalking.... it was alot.

In contrast was the year before with the Manyad, everybody was involved somehow in the same story and there wasn't so much extra stuff going on in the backgroud.

JMHO!

ITA. Last year there were so many different completely separate story lines it was hard to keep up. You have Alcede/Debbie/New dangerous packmaster over here, Sookie/Eric/Bill, the witches and their stuff, Jesus and Lafayette leave in the middle to see Jesus's grandpa in Mexico and uncover his dark magic, Lafayette/Terry/Arlene and the singing ghost mom, Tommy and whatshername, Tommy and Sam, Tommy killing his parents, Tommy skinwalking.... it was alot.

In contrast was the year before with the Manyad, everybody was involved somehow in the same story and there wasn't so much extra stuff going on in the backgroud.

JMHO!

Season 1 was also basically one main strong storyline that tied everyone together. The year before wasn't the Maynad, that was 2 years before in season 2 :D season 3 with Russel Edgington...that affected more people, and there were also way less, side stories to contend with. Maybe Russel will bring everyone together again? That's the only reason i wanted Tara and Jesus to be dead for real just to simplify things. But i dont think i'll even have that.

Why? Just curious why you think we're not supposed to know. I felt like I had to know to understand what they wanted from Bill and Eric, but felt really slow because I just didn't get it.

I think they're trying to draw out the suspense, though, I agree, they're not doing a great job with it. We're supposed to be going "OMG, what do they want with Bill and Eric?" but are just going "Huh?"

Despite that, I'm enjoying the Bill and Eric show. Bill, at least, is 100x more interesting when he's not with Sookie. And Eric is probably the most interesting character on the show.

My fiance has decided to start watching the series, so I've re-watched seasons 1- most of 4 with him here's what I think is going on with the Authority:

In season 3, when Eric and Bill were investigated for selling V, Eric testified about Russell Edgington wanting to subjugate humans. After that he was ordered to kill Edgington or be killed himself. Since Edgington is now loose I think they are being punished for it. During season 4 Eric ended up being controlled by the witches, Bill was supposed to kill him to prevent that and the very publicized violence at the Festival of Tolerance. I think they also killed the blonde vampire spokesperson so that's a big deal if the Authority didn't know she had turned on them, but I haven't rewatched that part yet.

My fiance has decided to start watching the series, so I've re-watched seasons 1- most of 4 with him here's what I think is going on with the Authority:

In season 3, when Eric and Bill were investigated for selling V, Eric testified about Russell Edgington wanting to subjugate humans. After that he was ordered to kill Edgington or be killed himself. Since Edgington is now loose I think they are being punished for it. During season 4 Eric ended up being controlled by the witches, Bill was supposed to kill him to prevent that and the very publicized violence at the Festival of Tolerance. I think they also killed the blonde vampire spokesperson so that's a big deal if the Authority didn't know she had turned on them, but I haven't rewatched that part yet.

I agree with most of that except one thing:

The Authority didn't know Russel Edgington wasn't dead/was on the loose until after they captured Eric and Bill and tortured them and stuff. They seemed shocked when Bill told them, so I doubt they knew

Otherwise you have a good point though one of the Authority members said

Nan was on her way out

So I dont think that's the biggest deal to them.

Now I get what they're trying to do with the suspense *omg what do they want with Bill and Eric* thing. But they're not doing it effectively because I find it annoying, as does everyone I've spoken to IRL. It's like whats the point of keeping that a secret? I'd be more interested in suspense involving what may happen to Bill and Eric as opposed to what we've got. It's too confusing for a 12 episode season and I just want them to speed it up.

Anyone see the sneak peek with Tara? I'm excited :D

Well damn I thought I had it sort of figured out.

Maybe you'll figure it out eventually :D I know I sure won't until they spell it out for me.

There are way to many storylines, especially in this season. I was already really annoyed by the whole werepanther thing 2(?) seasons ago and I can totally see the Terry-storyline beeing totally senseless too.

There are way to many storylines, especially in this season. I was already really annoyed by the whole werepanther thing 2(?) seasons ago and I can totally see the Terry-storyline beeing totally senseless too.

Same on all accounts. Too many stories. I am so tired of Sam's storyline and same with Terry's. I really wish Jason had become a werepanther.

I thought the first couple of the books were horrible, absolutely horrible. The plots were rushed and not arced very well and the character development was non-existent. But they improved with each book and the latter half of the series is really enjoyable. I liked the fairy story lines so much better in the books than what we have seen so far in the show.

Same on all accounts. Too many stories. I am so tired of Sam's storyline and same with Terry's. I really wish Jason had become a werepanther.

I thought the first couple of the books were horrible, absolutely horrible. The plots were rushed and not arced very well and the character development was non-existent. But they improved with each book and the latter half of the series is really enjoyable. I liked the fairy story lines so much better in the books than what we have seen so far in the show.

I've given up on the True Blood series. I don't want to watch Lafayette be sad, Terry's storyline is creeping me out as being too close to reality, and where is my naked Erik? We've only had one glimpse of Alexander Skarsgaard's perfect bum-bum.

Archived