IGNORED

Fundie lite family...

CanadianHippie

Let me preface this by saying I have more than a few problems with my dad's side of the family, however I can usually stand their antics for a brief period of time. Today when I logged onto facebook I got this picture shoved in my face by an Aunt-by-marriage who suddenly started posting this kind of crap a few months ago.

<>

Seriously, I just wanna send a big "fuck you ignorant bitch" to her, but I know it'll just come back and my problem and not her being an ignorant bitch.

I have to say, I'm not looking forward to the political season... My family aren't fundies, just from the opposite side of the spectrum, and make my head explode. When one woman "liked" a page praying for Obama's death and her dad started making vaguely racist comments (then not listening to people trying to explain the racism), I hid them from my news feed for a few months. I unhid them again until they say more stuff that makes me angry (in large enough quantities).

we require laws made by people who are rational and can use real facts to support their idea's not people who use info from their imaginary friends to run everyone's lives.

I've been debating hiding her and my uncles news feeds since this started. She posts mostly anti-choice and religious crap (she posted one "inspirational" piece of shit that implied even if the worst possible thing in the world happens to someone it's a gift from God and you should be thankful, I typed up a few response to that one, mostly profanities but never sent them. It just... It really got to me, not three days earlier I found out one of my best friends was diagnosed with breast cancer and just seemed like a giant "fuck you" to anyone who has had to deal with some serious shit.) My uncle mainly posts agist, sexist, racist, homophobic crap. I'm really starting to get the picture of why they decided to move to the southern US, Canada is just too damn nice for them.

I have to say, I'm not looking forward to the political season... My family aren't fundies, just from the opposite side of the spectrum, and make my head explode. When one woman "liked" a page praying for Obama's death and her dad started making vaguely racist comments (then not listening to people trying to explain the racism), I hid them from my news feed for a few months. I unhid them again until they say more stuff that makes me angry (in large enough quantities).

I feel for you. My sister and I are the lone liberals in the my family of neo-cons and unltra-conservatives. I've learned to not open any e-mail from my parents during an election year. And I just have to ignore their jibes about my political beliefs.

I have a lot of cool, liberal people on my FB, but I do have some folks who could be considered fundie lite.

My dad is guilty of posting images like that and is consistently posting crap about how evil Obama is :roll: The closer to the election gets, the worse it gets. I just try and ignore it as best I can. I will be glad when the election is over with!

I've been debating hiding her and my uncles news feeds since this started. She posts mostly anti-choice and religious crap (she posted one "inspirational" piece of shit that implied even if the worst possible thing in the world happens to someone it's a gift from God and you should be thankful, I typed up a few response to that one, mostly profanities but never sent them. It just... It really got to me, not three days earlier I found out one of my best friends was diagnosed with breast cancer and just seemed like a giant "fuck you" to anyone who has had to deal with some serious shit.) My uncle mainly posts agist, sexist, racist, homophobic crap. I'm really starting to get the picture of why they decided to move to the southern US, Canada is just too damn nice for them.

Ugh. I'm sorry about your friend. *hug*

I'd like to see a chalk outline of an actual embryo "victim". It would just be a little chalk circle a couple of inches in diameter. But that accuracy wouldn't have that same emotional appeal that anti-abortion people love so much.

Why not respond, sans the profanity? I've done this to a few people; on facebook and in person. Politely pointing out where and why they are wrong. You have just as much right to voice your opinion as they do. Trust me, spent way to many years keeping my mouth shut around idiot family members, until I just couldn't take it anymore. If they can spew nonsense publicly, I can correct them publicly. If they don't like it, they are the ones who can keep their mouths shut.

Why not respond, sans the profanity? I've done this to a few people; on facebook and in person. Politely pointing out where and why they are wrong. You have just as much right to voice your opinion as they do. Trust me, spent way to many years keeping my mouth shut around idiot family members, until I just couldn't take it anymore. If they can spew nonsense publicly, I can correct them publicly. If they don't like it, they are the ones who can keep their mouths shut.

Agreed. Just drop her a "Because my uterus is not a fucking crime scene, you ignorant fucking bitch" fucks optional.

Cause every time i focus on it long enough to type a response it always comes out "Fuck you you fucking fucker who wants to fuck over all women because she's a fucking misogynist." It's not my best work.

Archived