IGNORED

For just $9.00 a month...

homeschoolmomma1

you can support the Bates. I wonder if it is like when I helped a starving child or endangered animal and got interesting facts and information on them? haha

Sorry if this is discussed before but I followed the link on the Duggars website and it took me to all of the talks Gil and Kelly gave. Oddly the first talk is called,"How to Support a Family of 19 Without a Salary"

http://duggarfamily.com/

Their son is already supporting them. Surely they don't need us :angry-fire:

Ps. Dear Gil and Kelly,

No one wants financial advice from people who can't afford their groceries and pay their medical debts in cookies. Thanks anyway. :roll:

Can't Gil or Kelly just get a job? Or both of them? Then they'd have an income.

Can't Gil or Kelly just get a job? Or both of them? Then they'd have an income.

Oh they DO have a job now! they're TLC's latest prechus snowflakes! :roll:

Oh they DO have a job now! they're TLC's latest prechus snowflakes! :roll:

Then TLC can donate to them...

Sounds like the Duggars may be getting a cut for doing the advertising, despite their protests to the contrary.

"Embassy Institute is the #1 Duggar Family Recommended Resource. Embassy Institute has hundreds of our favorite messages that have helped us raise our children to seek God in today's world. For only $9 per month your family will have unlimited access to messages from Gil and Kelly Bates (who also have 19 children), to the Jim Sammon's Financial Freedom Seminar that is life changing. It also includes our kids favorite messages from Otto Koning "The Pineapple Series" who was a missionary to head hunters and the Basic Life Seminar which has helped us to grow closer to God. This will be one of the best investments you can make for your family. (Note: We do not make any money off of this, we just want to encourage others to benefit from the excellent Bible teaching and preaching that has helped us in raising our 19 Kids & Counting!)"

With a subscription fee of $108 a year, someone is making money, and with topics like ""How to Support a Family of 19 Without a Salary" (courtesy of Gil Bates, the inseminator who doesn't believe in health insurance), you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what's going on here.

Then TLC can donate to them...

On one hand, i'd say I hope they do. Because obviously they're financially struggling, on the other hand, no, just no. It''ll just encourage them... and make OTHER families get sucked into the whole "mom and dad don't have to work and you can have hoardes of children with no regard to anything but your own insane religious beliefs!!" mentality.

I will say, i feel for the kids, who have parents who have no regard for them or the conditions they will have to deal with living in. :( It really makes me SICK how everyone seems to think they and teh duggars are so... fekking PERFECT. UGH

So apparently, they are against welfare and all forms of government support. But they are not above begging for money. I hate professional panhandling. No matter how you word it, this is just another form of professional panhandling.

The town I live in has them. They move from parking lot to parking lot. Sometimes the people change but the signs stay the same.

So apparently, they are against welfare and all forms of government support. But they are not above begging for money. I hate professional panhandling. No matter how you word it, this is just another form of professional panhandling.

The town I live in has them. They move from parking lot to parking lot. Sometimes the people change but the signs stay the same.

You forgot real jobs. They are against those too.

:doh: Now it all makes sense. Of course, they must approve of panhandling.

This is slightly OT, but I find it fascinating (in a sad, sick way) in the pic of the Bates', there's one toddler being held by...NOT the mom! Imagine that. Do these women have ANYTHING to do with their children after 6mos? Also interesting the parents are kind of off to themselves. Everyone else is rather squished together, but nope, not Mom & Dad. They get "personal space," reserved only for the headship and his uterus. :?

I think I'll put the $9.00 towards my evil birth control pills! :lol:

I would put $9 a month towards giving all quiverful women birth control. They are not in fact leaving their family size up to god since they can only have sex on their most fertile days. Leaving it up to god would be doing the nasty every day/

If they're soooo into the important messages from god getting out there, why charge for it? That's exactly why Scientology is considered to be a cult.

If they're soooo into the important messages from god getting out there, why charge for it? That's exactly why Scientology is considered to be a cult.

Actually, it's not merely that they (over)charge for it, but the members have to keep buying the (edited) books over and over and over again (I really do wish I was exaggerating) because the head honcho, a tiny Napoleon named David Miscavige (hi Dave!) keeps re-editing the books and "discovering" new stuff that was omitted or whatever from the "original" tapes. Yeah right.

I'd also mention that for middle-class people, Scientology doesn't just want your 10 percent tithe, they want everything: the contents of your wallet, your car, your house.

There are many, many, many other reasons why Scientology is a cult, I'm just very too tired to get into them now.

I'd pay $9 a month if the fundie males would either a) keep their willie's in their pants or b) learn how to masturbate. But then again, I am an evil heathen

I'd give $9 a month to see the horses are well cared for and also to supply helmets and proper riding gear for the kids.

I'd give $9 a month to see the horses are well cared for and also to supply helmets and proper riding gear for the kids.

This! Seriously, do they really think their audience is that stupid?!

We should all suggest more deserving places to send our $9 a month, so it comes up on Google searches about this topic. I've got a few that I send to already: my local animal shelter where we adopted our Alfie, The Gentle Barn (Ellen's favorite animal charity) and Animals Asia (they rescue Asian Moon bears from bear-baiting rings and from "traditional medicine" farms and they have a dog & cat education campaign called "Friends, not Food"). Next!

• 2 years later...

With that many mouths to feed you can't tell me they don't get SNAP benefits!!! Unless they have a farm growing most everything and livestock!!! The Bates and Duggars are full of bullshit!!! IMHO!!!

This! Seriously, do they really think their audience is that stupid?!

Yes they do the faithful are that gullible. of course this is not welfare or anything. too bad they like to throw the only passage about lazy people not getting help at the poor but seem to ignore it themselves.

Archived