IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

And the next baby will be given to them by god right there in that camper. Never mind there is no job, no plumbing, no running water, no real home, no stability or security. God knows what he's doing and he put them in the camper and will give them another blessing because god always does exactly the right thing and never asks or expects his flock to actually do anything for themselves.

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think we know what the Duggars' next TLC-subsidized building project will be. Hopefully.

Good point. Obviously she and Josh have the means to help them in some capacity. Given that their movement claims to be so 'family-oriented,' you'd think it would be a priority for them.

But if you're an incubator woman in fundie-land, you're no longer part of your own family once you've been sold authority-transferred to your headship. Anna and Esther have both leave-and-cleave-d, so they're not even really sisters anymore!

Edited because I know how words work, promise

His FB post says "pray our house sells in the next two months"... why are they living in the pop-up tent and not in the house? This makes no sense. Did I miss something?

His FB post says "pray our house sells in the next two months"... why are they living in the pop-up tent and not in the house? This makes no sense. Did I miss something?

I don't get that part either. There is probably more to the story than he is letting on.

Perhaps they had a house in TX, isn't that where they are from?

I think that is where they moved from (Texas).... sounds like they might be in trouble? Even if they bought their house "debt-free" which I don't think all Fundies can do, you can't afford to have it sitting empty ( and I doubt the douches would be smart enough to think about renting it out to someone else while they are out following the Lord). Weirdo fundie freaks.

I feel sorry for the kids. The adults need to get their heads out of their asses and get jobs. I don't care if you want to be a pastor, or a missionary, or a sahm, or Michelle D. 2.0. If your babies have to live in a tent on wheels (with 9 other people no less) you need to get a fucking job. If you don't know where your child's next meal is coming from you need to get a fucking job.

I am so tired of these people trash mouthing college educations and working moms. I am tired of hearing them talk about how God will provide. Look long and hard fundie teens. This is what happens when you have no education, no prospects, and a "quiverfull" of kids. You can't all be the Duggars - just ask the Bates family (who rely on their oldest son for groceries).

I think that is where they moved from (Texas).... sounds like they might be in trouble? Even if they bought their house "debt-free" which I don't think all Fundies can do, you can't afford to have it sitting empty ( and I doubt the douches would be smart enough to think about renting it out to someone else while they are out following the Lord). Weirdo fundie freaks.

I went back aways on their facebook and he apparently had some difficulty working in the secular world. I'm sure Steve Maxwell could understand the code talk better than me.

XXXX said:

I'm actually envious. But, I just have this thing for fitting as much stuff and as many people into as tiny of a space as I can. Being vagabonds after the fire.....only enhanced this portion of myself, that everyone else wishes I did not have! I was just speaking the other day to how God knows what he is doing......He sure did when He gave you Esther (o;

OMG, I think we've found Emily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Shrader

asks for prayer, work not going so hot. Appreciate it. The music they play...obstinato, as almost every form of modern music is, including most so-called

John Shrader ‎"christian" music. 'Bout to drive me insane

John Shrader God is giving me chances to speak for Him...that's a blessing. Just not selling many cars

From Jan 2011

From Jan 2011

He needs to stop worrying about music and running his mouth for god, and start worrying about something that puts food on the table and a roof over their heads. Damn fundies make me so grumpy :evil:

But but but the lord provides (Jan 2011)

John Shrader Someone paid off all our debt (3,500.00), paid for our babies birth (midwife, 3,000.00), and some of my amazing relatives are going together to buy our family a 16-17 k 15 passenger van with only 30 or 40 k miles...practically brand new! We've never had anything that new in our lives! I am so overwhelmed by all that so many have done to bless our family as we seek to serve God by seeing this baby church established here in the Northwest.

I went back aways on their facebook and he apparently had some difficulty working in the secular world. I'm sure Steve Maxwell could understand the code talk better than me.

So, he must have been defrauded by some women (who was buying her own car without some man to help her out; I'm sure she had a college education and a job) or his boss is now a women or they hired a women at the dealership. Stupid fundies- can't stand the mainstream society so instead of learning to adapt and live in harmony with others (gee, like Jesus taught in the Bible) why not go all cray-cray go off the grid and live in a pop-up tent on the fringes of society? Because that makes so much more sense. Stupid, f-ing Fundies.

Sorry, my arm/hand is hurting (I have a bad attitude like Teri Maxwell) and I'm just in a foul mood. However, a trip to the podiatrist last Monday helped to calm my recent plantar fasciitis flare up.....

stupid Fundies just piss me off sometimes.

Ok this is bigger than the Colemans I was familiar with. Heres the floor plan :D

http://www.gillettesinterstaterv.com/cf ... ductid=626

It's a decent size but still unsuitable for anything other than camping trips. I think they'd be better off in a campground rather than in someone's back yard. At least in a campground, they'd have running water and access to the toilet and bath house.

I'm doubting they even have the money for a cheap campground.

"I finished up my master's degree, worked for a few years, set aside money and then decided to move to another country to be a missionary" -said no one ever.

I have to disagree with this. I know people who did this very thing. BUT they went as missionaries who helped with human aid- often with groups like MCC, where they actually helped people, not the kind that we talk about where they stuff religion down the throats of the "natives" while using them to run their sweatshops.

I'm all for living off the grid, I think it's pretty fantastic.

What is NOT fantastic is forcing your children into an alternative lifestyle they cannot consent to. If you wanted to dedicate your life to a "higher calling" and remove yourself from society at large that's fine but what really gets my goat is that they are not thinking about how what they are doing impacts their kids.

Children deserve to be brought up in stable conditions that are mostly normal, to give them an equal footing with their peers and a chance to decide the direction of their own lives.

I have to disagree with this. I know people who did this very thing. BUT they went as missionaries who helped with human aid- often with groups like MCC, where they actually helped people, not the kind that we talk about where they stuff religion down the throats of the "natives" while using them to run their sweatshops.

The MCC cannot be included in this classification, they build water systems and bring sanitation so people are dying from disease. They do not live in compounds with housekeepers. They example their faith by works, its not necessary for them to beat people with bibles.

off my soapbox and back to the old lady corner

The wind whips through that area, and I can't imagine staying warm in it, during the winter when the jet stream dips. Those usually have a propane heater (vented) and a small cadet type heater for when you are plugged in. The kids are probably piled on the floor like puppies.

There's been some pretty crazy rain lately too. Between that and the wind, I don't know how that pop-up is in one piece. We're near them, and our RV sustained some damage a few weeks ago, and our home is a lot sturdier than theirs.

After all of the above is in place, apply for Section 8 housing and some sort of training services to obtain some in demand job skills.

The section 8 waiting list is closed. It's not like you walk in, apply, get approved within 45 days, and go find a house. The wait list is years long when you can get on it, and getting on it can take years.

I am at home with my three kids right now. I do work from home, but if it looked like we were going to be living in a damn pop up tent, I would get my ass employed, pronto.

You think that one woman getting a job will pay for childcare for seven kids in a state where the average cost of childcare for one child is $10,000 a year? http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/archives/ ... -fail-keep

She's have to make over $100,000 a year just to pay for childcare (considering income taxes, which are higher to make up for no sales tax). It would be cheaper for that family for her to stay home.

And they look down on me because I have only one child, a college education, and am gainfully employed? *snort* At least my kid has a bed to sleep in and isn't living in a damn tent.

Seriously, if he's having trouble finding a job, then it's time for her to go look for one. Certainly, she can work in a day care or something. Hell, if she worked at a day care, they may let her bring her kids with her. I don't care how much you believe a woman's place is in the home. When things get this bad, it's time to make some sacrifices.

No childcare facility would allow a worker to bring SEVEN children with her. A worker's own children count in the legally allowable provider-to-children ratios. If she was allowed to bring all seven, then a facility would be paying her and someone else to watch her own kids. Infants are separate from toddlers and they're both separate from older kids. So the facility would be losing seven spots others could be paying for and paying her on top of it.

You think that one woman getting a job will pay for childcare for seven kids in a state where the average cost of childcare for one child is $10,000 a year? http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/archives/ ... -fail-keep

She's have to make over $100,000 a year just to pay for childcare (considering income taxes, which are higher to make up for no sales tax). It would be cheaper for that family for her to stay home.

Why would they have to pay for childcare? The suggestion here is that dad can't find work so mom should give it a try.

"I finished up my master's degree, worked for a few years, set aside money and then decided to move to another country to be a missionary" -said no one ever.

It seems that men with no education or job skills are "called" to be missionaries and then expect everyone else to finance it. I have one old friend from high school who is now a missionary with her husband in Africa. And she is so smug (on Facebook, not really in contact anymore) about how much better they are because they have travelled/lived in Africa and everyone else is living a materialistic American life. And she just can't imagine how anyone can stand a mundane desk job. When all those materialistic Americans are working those mundane desk jobs to put food on the table and finance her prancing around the world handing out bibles. /end rant

Anyway, I hope someone gets a job so those poor kids have a roof over their heads.

I doubt the site of new white Americans is very welcome in most areas of Africa, considering how the white devils will be expecting the Africans to turn their backs on their culture.

Archived