IGNORED

Walker Wins?

Witsec7

I don't think there are many "Safe" places left in the US.

I don't think there are many "Safe" places left in the US.

I'm packing my shit already - I voted Barrett and had hope. Now I need to run............

:/

Seems to me there are not to many places in the US of A FJers feel comfortable in these days. Someone should make a list.

This just makes me sad. Once baby comes I think we'll seriously start researching our options for leaving the US again. As a perspective teacher, if Walker wins I have a feeling collective bargaining will be stripped here quickly... we aren't known for our progressive political nature here (though we do have Congressman Awesome (Yarmuth)... he's about it).

How sad for Wisconsin.

I had to move from Madison to Iowa last year for my husband's job. It felt so bad leaving, because I wanted to stay and fight. There was a point where I was in front of the Capitol protesting every day for two months. The bastard with supporters who broke all kinds of laws is going to get away with it. It's like if a feel-good sports movie ended with the bad guy winning by hitting the good guy in the groin with a baseball bat. I think I'm going to need Nyquil to fall asleep tonight. I want to cry.

Seems to me there are not to many places in the US of A FJers feel comfortable in these days. Someone should make a list.

Boregonia, although I am no longer a working public employee nor am I negotiating contracts for my bargaining unit. It's still behind the green curtain and under the rainbow flag, well if you live left of the Cascades...

Come to Washington. A blue state that manages to balance the budget.

I have a futon that sleeps at least two. Hell, if I were the LiaS mom I could fit 4 or 5!

I had to move from Madison to Iowa last year for my husband's job. It felt so bad leaving, because I wanted to stay and fight. There was a point where I was in front of the Capitol protesting every day for two months. The bastard with supporters who broke all kinds of laws is going to get away with it. It's like if a feel-good sports movie ended with the bad guy winning by hitting the good guy in the groin with a baseball bat. I think I'm going to need Nyquil to fall asleep tonight. I want to cry.

I've had to fight tears. I also spent my share of time in Madison last year. The only thing that keeps me from losing it right now is the fact that this isn't over. Giving up would mean it's over. No one is going to give up. His term is going to be plagued and while I'd prefer to have things accomplished I won't mind watching him squirm the next few years. He's taken pride in polarizing the state. What he hasn't grasped is that he has polarized his term as governor. He isn't much more than a lame duck.

I would like to smack every person I know who is currently blowing up their Facebook walls with the immature taunts of the playground though.

Wisconsinites, don't leave us! I'm convinced I'm just going to hunker down in the liberal den of sin known as Dane County and throw rotten, fair trade tomatoes at the governor's mansion until he is forced back from whence he came.

The public employees are fucked.

On Wisconsin right the drain. :roll:

And my daughter is one of those, in Wisconsin. She will be very pissed. I knew it would be close, and judging by the signs in my area was afraid Walker would win. But maybe Milwaukee and Madison will change it.

I spent 20 years living in and giving to my beloved second (real) home Wisconsin, I am crying!

I had such hope, so much hope that the Walker DoucheCanoe would be recalled!

Anyway, I got a farm in Central Illinois is any of you want to come put up a trailer houses and live here...I don't know why you would though, I fucking hate it here!

M.

I'm pretty much a political junkie and I haven't been able to read any coverage about the failed recall. :cry:

The one silver lining is that a Democrat took a recalled Republican senator's seat, so now the Wisconsin State Senate has a Dem majority. That will hopefully be enough to block or stall bills that serve Walker's agenda.

It's only statewide, but CA overwhelmingly passed a term limit restriction on its legislators from 14 to 12 years. The terms can be served in either chamber, but what is not clear to me is whether this is total time served, or whether someone could serve 12 years in the Assembly and run for a state Senate seat at a later date.

No one made that explicitly clear and with finals and other stuff to do, I didn't do my research and voted for it. If the President can't come back and run for a 3rd term, what makes our state reps, or HoR/Senate reps any different?

As for Walker, how the fuck did that happen? A union house; we were outraged. He's basically a Republican John Edwards, with the same outcome, only more voters in WI who believed that dumbshit's schtick. Two peas in the same pod. Fuck 'em both; I hope they get their due while they're still alive. Neither seems to give a shit about the pain they've caused.

I'm also guilty; I bought Edwards' shit for a long time, but once it came out he was cheating on his wife....with cancer (not determined as terminal at the time), that was it. Clinton is the only one who won my trust back, but that's due to the work he's doing. I have no doubt his marriage to Hillary is in name only and has been for a long time, but they got through the shit because of Hillary and have won big because of it. Also Clinton, unlike these two other assholes, has truly repented. Edwards finally admitted "sin" but no legal wrongdoing. Walker remains someone whose aura is repellant; even if I didn't recognize him, I'd give him a very wide berth if were in the same vicinity (won't happen, but it's a visual).

So Cheeseheads (bro was one for 15 years, in Dane County), how much time is left on his term - I'm assuming 2 years - and what are the chances of his re-election, or is he eligible for re-election?

Archived