IGNORED

Carefully Scripted Lives: My Concerns about the Duggars

homeschoolmomma1

I also really liked that article. The author or authors really know what they are talking about and they know that TLC had edited out a lot shit about the Duggars' beliefs. TLC has filmed the Duggars at ATI and fundie events, but they edit things out and ATI is never mentioned final product episodes. I agreed with the first paragraph of the article.

I can’t say how often I’ve heard ordinary Americans defend Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and their popular TLC television show, 19 Kids and Counting. “I wouldn’t choose to have nineteen kids,” they say, “but if they can manage it, who am I to question their choice?” “The kids look happy and healthy,” they say, “look how polite and well mannered they are.” I hear these comments and I just have to sigh.

That is pretty much how I feel. I think there are two big issues with some of the Duggar defenders, the first is that they haven't delved deeper into the Duggars' background. The second issue is that they take everything seen on a reality show as a truth. They don't realize how twisted the reality TV show business is. There have been a few times TLC has goofed up in their attempts to make the Duggars seem like a ultra nice Christian family. Mary and Anna's rude comments about food in England were shown during the World Tour episode. Boob's encounter with the agnostic/atheist Scottish street performer showed what an ass he is. Some of the things the Duggars do are staged and some events staged are often done in response to the critics. It is pretty easy to spot some of the staged/scripted events on the show. The Duggars aren't very good actors in a lot of situations.

To homeschoolmomma, I hope you recover well from your broken wrist.

Archived