IGNORED

Teri M. and her bad attitude

kpmom

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just....wow.

By contrast, I have back pain quite often. My heathen family makes me to lie down, hubby makes me a snack and brings my meds, kid drags out her blanket and pillow and tucks me in on the couch....basically I get waited on and any snipping is forgiven because, um.... I'M IN PAIN!

She doesn't have to live with chronic back pain. There are medical doctors who can help.

:confusion-questionmarks: :confusion-scratchheadyellow: This has not been my experience. Now the chiropractor, on the other hand (who the doctor told me was a quack), made ALL the difference.

The is from this month's Mom's Corner. Teri is talking about how unproductive feeling sorry for one's self is;

"Let me give you a personal example of this. I have lived with chronic back pain for many years. One day last week, I had my normal back pain plus a new pain that caused me to hurt every time I took a deep breath. I knew this new pain was temporary and would be gone in a day or two, but it still hurt right then. In addition, I had a sort of allergic reaction in my mouth that was causing the roof of my mouth to burn, ache, and itch. That morning a family member shared with me something I had said to them that they felt had an attitude behind it."

Bolding mine -- good thing it wasn't a heart attack, anaphylactic shock, or any number of other things that might have presented with those symptoms.

Since Teri can't/won't speak up like a normal person, she might have died or been seriously ill.

I'm just gonna assume this is Steve saying she had an attitude. So, instead of trying to help his wife feel better and express concern for her, he just HAD to let her know that she was getting an attitude with him.

Stupid asshole!

So...tear ducts are God's mistake?

I wonder if The Reverend Steve has Sharpied out Psalm 130 from the family's Bibles.

The one that begins, " Out of the depths have I cried unto Thee, O Lord! Lord, hear my voice!"

BTW, not to put too fine a point on it, but I think seven (7) (count'em) chirrun still live at home. Three Pre-reversal minus two married sons (don't cry!!! Don't dry!!!) leaves Poor Sarah plus five reversal ba....Never. Mind. Maths never were my forte'...

I wouldn't waste the time. Terri was a grown woman when she got into this sick lifestyle. She had a fairly decent education, came from a family that still seems to love her, and still decided to let Steve take God's place. What they have both done to their children makes me so angry I could chew nails and spit screws.

No doubt. Regardless, I'd like to see her take the kids and bail. I can dream, right?

So damn sick.

As a sufferer of chronic back pain, sometimes all you can do is cry. It helps release the buildup, it helps relax the body after a bit (crying on your bed and just crying lets a whole lot of body muscles loosen up). It helps you get perspective, pick yourself up and do what you gotta' do.

But, I am just an evil heathen out in the big bad world so what do I know? I also don't see back pain as a spiritual issue. It's a physical issue that must be dealt with by me, not some god (or husband with a god complex) demanding more spiritual faithfulness or other asinine fuckery.

Pain pills help too. So do anti inflammatories and muscle relaxers. Heat. Stretching in odd (most of them unfeminine) positions.

So she's not supposed to be human and have needs - she's supposed to be a robot. Steve-o would have been happier married to a blow up doll, I think...

Yea they could have named it 1Ton Ramp.

Due to various physical and mental/emotional issues, there are many, many days when I do nothing but cry. I can't imagine not being able to do so, or worse made to feel like there was something wrong with expressing distress. Doctors and therapists are there for you, these people just can't accept that. There are things that happen in the body and the mind that no amount of prayer will ever fix. You can die from not getting proper treatment. I'm not exactly functional, not by a long shot, but without the help I'm getting, I would be dead. This woman needs understanding, mental and physical help, and a kind ear, and definitely hugs. These people and all fundies like them are dangerous and I hate them. So.fucking.much.

I'm sorry for the rant. Reading this just kind of set me off.

No one should have to feel guilty about having a good cry. I had one yesterday. My day went from slightly crappy to totally crappy and once I finally got home, I let the tears flow. Sure, my eyes were puffy and I had a snotty nose, but I felt less stressed. Plus, you should never feel bad for whatever feelings you're having, no matter what they are.

Gosh Steve Maxwell is a douche.

So much this. Sometimes I really wish I believed in hell. Maybe not for an eternity, but for a good while.

I think Teri does have some responsibility in what is happening in that family, but this Corner makes me view her more as a victim of abuse than as an abuser. I have depression and anxiety, and I can't imagine being told that I had to bottle all of that emotion up and not cry. The thought of it makes me anxious. Underneath all of the lecturing in her post, I see a very sad, trapped woman.

The post from NLQ is interesting. At first I thought it might be Melanie's sister, but I don't think so. Sad that Steve's influence has spread beyond the family.

No doubt. Regardless, I'd like to see her take the kids and bail. I can dream, right?

It's a lovely dream, that I cannot deny. :(

This discussion is making me think of the book "People of the Lie," by M. Scott Peck. He talks about human evil, and how when it appears that a couple is evil, it is almost always the case that one is really more evil and the other is in thrall. Or something like that--it's been a few years since I read the book. But it just strikes me that Teri is in thrall to her husband.

This discussion is making me think of the book "People of the Lie," by M. Scott Peck. He talks about human evil, and how when it appears that a couple is evil, it is almost always the case that one is really more evil and the other is in thrall. Or something like that--it's been a few years since I read the book. But it just strikes me that Teri is in thrall to her husband.

I don't know......calling her a thrall implies that she has no responsibility for the state she is in. :?

That is just sick and sad.

I have fibro and a few weeks ago I had a very bad flare-up, it was at the weekend so on Sunday I allowed myself a good long day of self-pity and wallowing. I had a good cry, a good moan on the phone to my mum, ate crappy food and spent the day curled up watching crappy tv. On Monday I was still in pain, but because I had allowed myself a good day of wallowing I was able to pull myself together and go to work in the morning. In the evening I was so pissed off at the pain I went for a run. My point is that dealing with pain is sometimes like dealing with the 5 stages of grief, you have to allow it to take time, especially if you are having a bad day.

I have major depression and am unfortunate enough to be one of those ppl for whom medication stops working regularly.

I identify with this crap way too much. It's basically the internal monologue that happens in my head when my meds poop out. It's the last step before I get to the "there's no point, I'm going to top myself" stage. I'm at a point now where I recognise the suicidal ideation as the crazy talking so I've managed to get help before trying to kill myself the last couple of times. That sort of crap that Teri's spouting isn't so easy to recognise when I'm in the middle of it, because it's part of a gradual distortion of reality that happens as my meds slowly stop becoming effective. The martyr complex, the guilt and the beating myself down (what I call inverse CBT) are products of my fundie upbringing. It takes a crapload of work to move past them and some fairly heavy duty medicating to get to point where I can implement the tools I've learnt. Without them I go straight back into ga-ga land.

I see a very ill woman talking here. She hasn't been healed by self flagellation and prayer and she certainly shouldn't be publishing books pushing that 'treatment' onto others. She needs a good, strong anti-depressant, a long course of therapy and to get rid of that abusive, dickwad of a husband of hers.

Steve-o makes me sick. Really, he has actually brain washed his wife into thinking that she cannot cry if she feels she needs to?

It makes me wonder if that family was allowed to feel grief when Susanna died.

By the next morning, I had repented of my negative, self-focused thoughts, asked my family's forgiveness for how they were affected, and moved on with the Lord Jesus for a new day. I encourage you when you fail to do the same. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

Teri Maxwell

She asks her family to forgive her for being in pain and crying? What the...

Dear Teri Maxwell,

This is God. I want you to know there are these wonderful folks who can help you- they are called doctors. They can help alleviate some (if not most or all) of your pain, both physical and emotional, and improve your quality of life. They only want the best or you- just like I want the best for you!

Please, my dear daughter, put down that cross you are bearing. That is not what I had intended when my words were written down so long ago. If I didn't want the best for you, I wouldn't have created people who were brilliant enough to invent medicine, medical treatments and therapies to help you.

Leave that crazy husband who thinks he is as wise and powerful as me. Find a good doctor and some support to get you through these trying times. I promise if you put down that cross and drop Steve-o your back will feel so much better. You've been carrying too much weight on your back for far too many years. Also, have a good Pepsi and some Prozac! Better living through chemicals, Teri! I only want the best for you!

Your heavenly Father,

God

Archived