IGNORED

More new Joshua pic's. Do his eyes look ok?

Justme

Look at his eyes in the first pic. He's by himself in green overall's. The eye on the left looks ok, but the eye on the right looks like it's to far to the left. Shouldn't the iris's be more aligned, even on newborns? Hopefully, it's just a very bad camera angle.....

Where are you seeing this? I don't see it on his instagram.

I *believe* that this is rather common in newborns and his eyes may be fine when he gets a little older. I certainly hope so anyway. Having lazy eye or walleye or whatever it's called is just a guaranteed way to make someone look very "off." Like Annah, Rebecca!!!!!11!!'s sister.

(Joshua Maxwell)

My son's eyes got crossed a couple times like that during the first week or so.

I think the OP is referencing the new Maxwell grandchild, not Josh Duggar.

I see. *slinks away*

I see. *slinks away*

Don't slink away, you asked an honest question. :D

Mine would do that too but I wouldn't post a picture of it as I thought it made them look wonky and not their best. I can understand why you would ask as most parents wouldn't post those kind of pictures for the same reason. I would post if it was a concern and needed to show people what I was talking/asking about.

Look at his eyes in the first pic. He's by himself in green overall's. The eye on the left looks ok, but the eye on the right looks like it's to far to the left. Shouldn't the iris's be more aligned, even on newborns? Hopefully, it's just a very bad camera angle.....

That's pretty common in newborns. No need for concern unless it persists.

In that first picture, he looks like he just realized what family he was born into, lol.

His eyes look normal for a newborn to me.

In that first picture, he looks like he just realized what family he was born into, lol.

LOL

May I just say, I hate seeing newborns in stiff woven twill overalls? They should be in soft, snuggly cotton knits IMO.

May I just say, I hate seeing newborns in stiff woven twill overalls? They should be in soft, snuggly cotton knits IMO.

I'm with you. I wouldn't be surprised if he had shoes on his little feet.

His eyes look very typically newborn. It's very hard to get an open eyed pic at this early age and babies can be cross eyed on and off for the first few weeks. He looks like a typical newborn but it does look like the flash was a bit reflective when taking the photo.

He is a beautiful child.

A long-sleeved baby vest and those baby legwarmer things would be so much better (legwarmers >>>>> pants for diaper changes!), both for diaper changing and for comfort.

NR Anna looks *so* happy, it's lovely to see. I hope she's not going to be taught to use Pearl 'discipline' on that sweet baby of hers :cry: .

I hope those overalls were just for the pictures. They are new parents, so maybe Anna just wanted to dress him in cute clothes instead of plain old onesies. She'll probably stop dressing him up once she realizes how much more work it is. Of course, these are the Maxwells, so...

Yeah the eyes are fine. My first had a lazy eye for the first 3 months. It still gets lazy sometimes if she is very tired or sick. The pediatrician says it's not cause for concern unless it persists past age 4, then she gets an eye patch. YAR!!!

I love that cross eyed newborn thing. What a sweetie!

I had some denim overalls for my newborns that were mainly used for excursions and photos. I just gave them to a friend, they were practically new after 4 children if that tells you how much they were used.

I hope those overalls were just for the pictures. They are new parents, so maybe Anna just wanted to dress him in cute clothes instead of plain old onesies. She'll probably stop dressing him up once she realizes how much more work it is. Of course, these are the Maxwells, so...

Meh. I actually really enjoyed dressing my baby. I think it is a new mom thing for a lot of people.

In these pics, his irises look okay, as do his overalls. And his right eye is not too far to the left.

Meh. I actually really enjoyed dressing my baby. I think it is a new mom thing for a lot of people.

It must be. Of course, my new baby was 4, so she had a thing or two to say about her clothing choices. It did not take her very long to develop expensive taste.

The wee Maxwell? Looks like a Maxwell. Poor thing IS a Maxwell, and I cannot imagine a worse fate, except maybe being a Pearl or Anast.

I loved dressing my newborns in all the cute outfits I received as gifts. And they grow so fast they blow out of them quickly so some only get worn once. I don't blame her for putting him in the overalls. But overalls ride up and cup the baby in the chin when they are so little they can't avoid the confrontation. But you don't really know that as a new mom.

His eyes don't seem terribly abnormal to me. I remember my kids' eyes were just that glazed-over look for the first couple of weeks. At that age, babies are just learning to use their eyes and developing those muscles. I would be more worried about it at a year. I had eye surgery when I was 4 because my eyes still looked like that, but in an infant, I don't think it's much to worry about.

My daughter's left eye crossed like that. It's normal as long as it goes away on its own. As far as the clothes go, overalls are not so bad when you see people like my neighbor who brought home her newborn baby girl in ~ tights and ruffly socks with shoes. A dress with two layers, a sweater, headband, and bonnet. I felt so bad for that baby. . .she was dressed like that the entire first 3 months of her life.

She 12 now and a total tomboy.

I thought the same thing until I enlarged the photo. It looks like a bad reflection from an overhead light. In other words, the person who took the picture is a crappy photographer.

Archived