IGNORED

FJ Dictionary Discussion

Boogalou

As per this discussion (and several others): http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10625 some people thought that a FJ dictionary would be a good idea. I started making a list and here is what I have come up with so far:

If you are looking for something specific please hit ctrl + F and search the page for it, otherwise the list is in alphabetical order

A

AD: poster AnnoDomini http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?t=4917,she is known in other internet circles as BrightCircle

ATI: Advanced Training Institute

B

Bathroom baby: T1 (that one), Thatwife's son, who sleeps in a pack and play in the bathroom

Blanket training: training a baby or toddler to stay on a blanket, before the Duggars were famous this involved a wooden spoon, afterwards the spoon was never spoken of in public again

BRADRICK!: pseudo crisis leadership network

C

Cap’n: Brett Smith

College Minus: the sketchy “college†program many fundies are into, formally known as College Plus!

Cousin Amy: Amy Duggar, cousin of the Duggar kids

CTBHHM: Created to Be His Help Meet a how to guide for being a “Godly†and submissive doormat woman by Debbi Pearl

D

Dairy Queen: Michelle Duggar, a self-proclaimed title for pumping and freezing freezers full of breast milk for Josie

Darth: Dorothy Sanders (nee Morton)

Defraud: what a fundie maiden does to a fundie boy when she exposes an ankle, causing someone to think impure thoughts, this can be avoided by shouting Nike!

Dim Bulb: Jim Bob Duggar, who is rather dim

Dna: based on a misspelling of his own name, Dan is the husband of Emily from http://under1000permonth.blogspot.ca/

Doug Phillips: is a tool

DQ: short form of Dairy Queen, see above

DWOP: Duggars Without Pity

E

Eleventy: Originates from being so overexcited that multiple exclamation points turn into ones at the ends of sentences!!!!!111!!!11!

Elle: notorious internet troll [link=http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10922]Aria_Star[/link]

F

Famy: Amy Duggar, for being a famewhore

Frumper: a frumpy jumper (the dress kind, not the sweater)

Fundie: religious fundamentalist

G

Gloodles: noodles made by Emily with whole wheat and water, boiled until they become a gluey, unpalatable mess

H

Howler monkeys/howlers: the youngest Duggar boys

I

IBLP: Institute in Basic Life Principles

ISB: idle speculation bus, what people drive when they speculate and create wild theories, especially about the Duggars

J

JB: Jim Bob Duggar

J’Caleb: the first Duggar miscarriage that inspired Michelle and Jim Bob to become Quiverfull, he was mysteriously and suddenly named after the whole Jubilee fiasco

J’chelle: Michelle Duggar

Jim Boob: Jim Bob Duggar

Josh Duggar: Smuggar (for being a smug Duggar), Smuggly, Smugs, AssNugget

JoshyGirl: Anna Duggar, named after a bag she was carrying with the same title

Josiah Duggar: Smuggar Jr. (now defunct) for formerly acting smug like Josh, he has since grown out of this phase, Josh has not

J’slaves: The oldest Duggar daughters, Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger, who are raising their parents’ children

J’uterus: Michelle Duggar

K

Kendull: Kendal, not a misspelling as Kendal herself assumes, but a nickname stemming from her inability to spell

L

LAF: Ladies Against Feminism http://www.ladiesagainstfeminism.com/

Latisha Sawyers: Jessica, a former blogger and current internet friend of Zsu, who allegedly commented on treemom’s blog with this clever pseudaonym

LiaS: Life in a Shoe http://inashoe.com/

LL: Lora Lynn, older half-sister to the Sanders

Lost boys: the youngest Duggar boys that no one in their family pays attention to

Lost girls: the youngest Duggar girls that no one in their family pays attention to, especially Jordyn and Jennifer.

M

Mark Driscoll: misogynist pastor who claims to have visions of his congregants sexual sins, thinks Jesus would beat people, and is against the feminization of the church

Mullet: Michelle Duggar, named after her old hairstyle

MOTH: Managers of Their Homes, a scheduling book/program for homeschooling families created by Steve and Terri Maxwell

MWOP: Mckmama Without Pity

N

Nike!: what the Duggars are taught to say when faced with a scantily clad maiden so the boys can look down at their shoes and remain pure

Non-Duggar Josiah: Josiah of biblicalbeginning.com, the person who wants to stone gay people and thinks slavery is a good thing.

NonThinking Housewife: the Thinking Housewife

NR Anna: Non reversal Anna Maxwell, called Anna Marie by the Maxwells. She is Steve's daughter-in-law and married to Christopher. Reversal Anna is the daughter born after the vasectomy and is still called Anna by the family.

O

ofJimBob: Michelle Duggar (a reference to Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale

ofSmuggar: Anna Duggar, see above

One Ton Ramp: IT On-Ramp, run by the Maxwell’s

P

Peanut Butter War: Something to never be spoken of, for reference see http://freejinger.yuku.com/reply/143302 ... 84IfNU9noA

Pedicure maneuver: derailing the thread to discuss nail polish and related topics so that trolls are not given so much attention

Pissing Preacher: Steven Anderson, for preaching a sermon about how real men pisseth against the wall

PP: Pissing preacher, see above

Prayer closet: a closet space set aside in the Duggar’s home for solitude and, um, prayer

Q

QF: Quiverfull

QFT: Quoted for truth

R

Redacted: a replacement for swear words, styled after Free Jinger Digest (now defunct) where swear words in users' posts were repalced with [redacted] or some variation thereof

Reversals (and variations on this theme): the kids born after Steve Maxwell had his vasectomy

Rick Santorum: Frothy

Riffle: Typo, based on a misspelling of the word rifle

Robotkin: Robot + Botkin, refers specifically to the Botkin daughters

S

SAHD: Stay at home daughter

Scamaritan Ministries: Samaritan Ministries, a Christian alternative to health insurance whereby fundie families send monthly cheques to other fundie families, whose needs have been deemed appropriately worthy and Godly

Sin In The Camp: the supposed reason Jim Holt lost an election. Unverified, and rather sketchy, internet rumours claim Josh committed some sin (anything from masturbating to molesting others) which caused JB to lose the election. It is rumoured Josh was sent to ATI reprogramming camp and had his head shaved there, explaining the buzz cut in the original special.

S’morton: the way too intermarried Smith/Morton family

Smuggar: Josh Duggar, a smug Duggar

Smuggar Jr.: a now defunct name for Josiah Duggar who has since grown out of his smugness

SOTDRT: School of the dining room table, subpar fundie homeschooling

Stinking Lousewife: The Thinking Housewife, Laura Wood/Lawrence Auster

T

Taryn: former commenter on ZsuZsu’s blog, her convoluted comments revealed that she had blue cups and that the OK sign is evil

That Wife: Mormon mommy blogger and mother of bathroom baby

Tomato staking: mentally handcuffing children (tomatoes) to a parent (stake) for extended periods of time to express disapproval and a lack of trust in the child http://www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com/

TT/Taliban Tony: Anthony, Lina’s husband for coming to FJ and saying that if you want your husband to act like the Taliban then disrespect him http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4503

TTC: Tater tot casserole, the culinary concoction that is a signature meal of the Duggars (alternatively known as tataca)

TTH: Tinker toy house, the Duggar’s home that was constructed from several steel home kits

TTUAC: To Train Up A Child, a book written by Michel and Debbi Pearl where they advocate spaking babies and hitting children with plumbing line

TWOP: Television Without Pity

U

Uriah: The Maxwell's travelling bus

V

VF: Vision Forum

YAH-some: a combination of awesome and YAH (short for Yaweh) used to sound like an authentic faux-Jew

W

WBC: Wesboro Baptist Church

Whalla: a fundie spelling and pronunciation of the word more commonly known as "voilà"

X

Y

YLCF: Young Ladies Christian Fellowship of ylcf.org

Z

ZooZoo: Zsuzsanna Anderson

Zsu: Zsuzsanna Anderson

ZsuZsu: Zsuzsanna Anderson

Zsuzsa: Zsuzsanna Anderson, a name generally used by her friends, admirers, and fangirls

For common internet slang and acronyms please see: http://www.urbandictionary.com/

There's a few gaps in there especially with things related to the Maxwell's and Lina. YAH-some could do with some further definition as well. Does anyone have any suggestions for changes or new terms to add? Alecto said that "If you guys can make a complete, well organized dictionary, it will be stickied. But I am not going to sticky something that isn't easy to understand." So since this has been something that a bunch of people have been thinking about for a while, I thought I would take a stab at it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work! One tiny suggestions is that there are couple entries (e.g. Michelle Duggar and Zsuzsanna Anderson) where instead of listing the nickname/abbreviation first, it's reversed and the real name/entity is named first, and then the FJ nickname(s).

For newbies, I am just thinking it would be easier for them to have an alphabetical list of the shorthand/nicknames to reference, and then we put the definition/explanation after (like it is for most of them now).

Does that make sense?

Don't want to be picky though, you definitely did a great job!

This is fabulous. :clap: I lurked for a long time before joining, but even so I still have trouble figuring out some of the slang around here. I know that the light bulb will eventually come on, so I 'purpose' never to ask. :lol: Now I feel like the entire FJ house is all lit up! :idea: :idea: :idea:

Thanks! :dance:

Awesome job! Question for Boogalou - if we come up with new terms, would you mind if I edit your post to add them (if you're not around to do it yourself)? I don't like to edit things without permission, too TWOP Howard-esque for me.

That said, I'd add Lard Lad for Smugger. :)

Guest Anonymous

Boogalou, what info are you lacking about Taliban Tony? I think most of the pertinent stuff is in the Lina Link round up I did a while ago: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4503

The nickname that Burris gave him comes from this statement -

Allow me to offer my perspective about your whole Taliban statement: IF you want your husband to begin acting as though he were a Taliban Soldier enforcing Sharia Law... then disrespect him, and so will your outcome be. However, IF you want to live your life with a peaceful man that treasures you and Loves you with all of his might... then submit and follow him, and so will your outcome be.

Boogalou, what info are you lacking about Taliban Tony? I think most of the pertinent stuff is in the Lina Link round up I did a while ago: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4503

*shudders once again* Can you imagine being married to someone with that mindset?!

*shudders once again* Can you imagine being married to someone with that mindset?!

I'd have an awesome tomato patch in the backyard.

ETA - Love the list!!! :)

Boogalou, what info are you lacking about Taliban Tony? I think most of the pertinent stuff is in the Lina Link round up I did a while ago: http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4503

Thanks, I just wasn't entirely sure why he was Taliban Tony. Updating now...

Holierthanyou I was considering doing the list the other way, like you suggest, but I thought it might get confusing because some people have soooo many nicknames. I think I may be leaning toward your way though, just for the sake of consistency.

StarrieEyedKat, sure you can edit it if I'm not around. I think that would make things easier just in case I disappear (not that I am planning to any time soon, but you never know).

Thanks for this. I wrote down a lot of them to remember while lurking before I joined, but there were a few that stumped me. I kept wondering why everyone was calling her Non-Reversal Anna. Now I know. Where's that smilie? Oh hell, there isn't one. Oh well:

:gay-rainbow: Just pretend there's a star shooting out of it. The more you know!

Can the dictionary also be a little encyclopaedia-y as well? Like, who called CPS on whom? I've heard people cry over the injustice of FJ calling CPS but I can not remember who or for what (best guess: suspected child abuse?).

Also, on the Lina round-up post, a commenter on Lina's blog mentioned FJ phoning someone's parents about her boyfriend? Did all this happen in the seamy past of FJ, the day before I stumbled into the verdant pasture which was FJ-Yuku?

I don't think it's wise to specifically state which posters called CPS on which fundie bloggers. It's safer for fundies to direct their hatred towards FJ as a whole and not give them a specific target.

Did we want to list more of AD's internet pseydonyms, or is this strictly a nickname thread?

I don't think it's wise to specifically state which posters called CPS on which fundie bloggers. It's safer for fundies to direct their hatred towards FJ as a whole and not give them a specific target.

:shock: I apologize. That was not worded well. Mostly I was wondering if there was some way of noting for what CPS was called. Absolutely the caller(s) should remain anonymous. Again, I apologize for the way I typed that.

edited because there is no spoiler in an apology

Did we want to list more of AD's internet pseydonyms, or is this strictly a nickname thread?

I don't really know what it is! Just for reference, I guess. I know she goes by BrightCircle and I added that one, but are there others?

The NRAnna entry is not right. Anna Marie is Steve's daughter in law, not his daughter. She's married to Christopher. Reversal Anna is the daughter born after the vasectomy and is still called Anna by the family.

The NRAnna entry is not right. Anna Marie is Steve's daughter in law, not his daughter. She's married to Christopher. Reversal Anna is the daughter born after the vasectomy and is still called Anna by the family.

Thank you! I'll change that. The Maxwell's bore me to death so it is really hard for me to keep that all straight.

Thank you! I'll change that. The Maxwell's bore me to death so it is really hard for me to keep that all straight.

:D They're my favourites, so ask away.

Great work! One tiny suggestions is that there are couple entries (e.g. Michelle Duggar and Zsuzsanna Anderson) where instead of listing the nickname/abbreviation first, it's reversed and the real name/entity is named first, and then the FJ nickname(s).

For newbies, I am just thinking it would be easier for them to have an alphabetical list of the shorthand/nicknames to reference, and then we put the definition/explanation after (like it is for most of them now).

Does that make sense?

Don't want to be picky though, you definitely did a great job!

I thought the same thing. For example if you come across "Famy" and can't figure out who it is then looked at the "F"s you would still be confused. You would have to read the whole list to attach nickname to name.

I thought the same thing. For example if you come across "Famy" and can't figure out who it is then looked at the "F"s you would still be confused. You would have to read the whole list to attach nickname to name.

That's where the CTRL+F function comes in handy. :)

I suggest Robobotkin as a word needing definition.

Also, I would like to see this entry- Ladies Against Feminism: A thing that actually exists.

:lol:

yes! robobotkin needs an entry.

does tomato staking? TTUAC? MOTH? CTBHHM? other things in the fundie canon?

yes! robobotkin needs an entry.

does tomato staking? TTUAC? MOTH? CTBHHM? other things in the fundie canon?

I think they do. I myself don't know what MOTH and CTBHHM stand for.

Archived