IGNORED

Theonomy Mom needs to make a crapload of cash, like, now!

In order to invest in gold and silver so they can buy bread in the coming crisis! You too, can buy a membership in the scam that suckered her and learn the secrets of the Rothschilds!

Go to her blog, leahslabyrinth.wordpress.com/ , halfway down the sidebar is a video where she makes the comment about needing to make a crapload of cash. That part starts around 7:30 into the video - yes there are 8 solid minutes of her blathering about some network marketing scam, with plenty of ums, likes, and hair flipping thrown in to pad it out.

Also check this out:

leahslabyrinth.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/real-men-change-diapers/#comment-352

Leah lets her freak flag fly!

Men must remember that women are the weaker vessel, and cannot handle everything on their own. I think women want to believe they can. We are superwoman. We can save the day, all while running a household, washing cloth diapers, managing finances, shopping for food, preparing meals, feeding the family, chores, education, dealing with in-laws, and scraping dried spaghetti off the table.

But we must acknowledge that there is a breaking point. It will eventually pile up if the man won’t chip in and help. After all, a family that believes in headship so much must also acknowledge that the husband is responsible for the health and function of the household. If the wife is suffering and about to have a nervous breakdown, that reality ultimately falls on the husband.

So I guess we know what is going on at Leah's house!

Dominionst/fundie women respond!

Cathy May 16, 2012 at 11:19 am #

Real men do change diapers, but they do it out of concern for both their wife and their baby. Not because the wife demands it, or because she is not around or too tired from working an outside job. There is a HUGE difference!

Um, OK, Cathy. Guess I am doing secular feminism wrong, then, because my husband does lots of stuff out of concern for me and our baby (techically, she's a teenager -but she'll always be our baby). Because we're um, like, a family.

I guess there is a huge difference between Leah being too tired to change another diaper because she is stressed out managing 4 kids under 5 at home all day on top of being a self-produced queen of all media, and couples who manage to share responsibilities without anyone getting pushed to the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Quote:

Men must remember that women are the weaker vessel, and cannot handle everything on their own. I think women want to believe they can. We are superwoman. We can save the day, all while running a household, washing cloth diapers, managing finances, shopping for food, preparing meals, feeding the family, chores, education, dealing with in-laws, and scraping dried spaghetti off the table.

But we must acknowledge that there is a breaking point. It will eventually pile up if the man won’t chip in and help. After all, a family that believes in headship so much must also acknowledge that the husband is responsible for the health and function of the household. If the wife is suffering and about to have a nervous breakdown, that reality ultimately falls on the husband.

Take out the fundyspeak, and that actually sounds pretty common sense.

I don't understand the commentators.

Also, I've been hearing about this total economic crash and impending martial law for about 10 years now, i'm getting bored with the wait already!

The gold/silver thing is such a scam. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends in that circle have fallen prey to this stupid crap, and are now peddling it to others. I think they heard Glenn Beck talking about it or something.

I guess he thinks that if we all have a bunch of gold bars hidden in our basement, that this will somehow help us during the apocalypse?

The gold/silver thing is such a scam. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends in that circle have fallen prey to this stupid crap, and are now peddling it to others. I think they heard Glenn Beck talking about it or something.

I guess he thinks that if we all have a bunch of gold bars hidden in our basement, that this will somehow help us during the apocalypse?

Brandy's buckets of wheat berries will be a lot more valuable than gold if the shit hits the fan.

One the one hand, I'm glad to see fundies acknowledging that BOTH parents should be involved in childcare. On the other, do they have to wrap it up in such blatant misogyny?

This is why I love Dave Ramsey, he might be fundie lite, but he isn't stupid.

OK, even as someone with a degree in economics, a strong background/interest in history, and a fascination with what drives people to do the things they do, I STILL have never understood WHY gold, silver, diamonds and the like are so "precious." Okay, maybe a diamond-tipped spear could be a really cool weapon, but you can do the job very efficiently, and a lot more easily, with a hunk of flint. Gold and silver are too soft for weapons, and you can't eat them, so what value, exactly, are they going to have in a huge global meltdown? I really don't get all these doomsday preppers who are buying up gold and silver in anticipation of...what? That some farmer is going to want a hunk of metal or an old coin in exchange for real food?

And yes, I've heard all the "but precious metals and gems have always been coveted by man, and used as trading commodities" arguments, and again, I have to ask, WHY? Is man so taken in by pretty little glinty things that they become more valuable than actual commodities? Are we really at heart no better than magpies, who will take any shiny thing they see for their nests?

I've also heard the "It's because they're so rare" argument, and still have to think, so what? Just because something is rare doesn't make it intrinsically valuable - it's only man's own greed and hubris and wanting to own something that few other people can have. And btw, we all know that diamonds aren't really that rare - DeBoers has stockpiles upon stockpiles.

If there truly is a worldwide crisis, having a pile of gold is going to mean squat. And if you don't believe me, ask any of the people who were being penned up in ghettos and shuffled off to death camps in the 1940's - plenty of them had gold and diamonds that were "worthless" because everyone who had them was trying to trade them for real food, or help escaping. In the end, in a survival economy, they are just shiny pretty things.

Also, I've been hearing about this total economic crash and impending martial law for about 10 years now, i'm getting bored with the wait already!

Only 10? I remember it from back in the 80s. (Also, about 10 years ago some South Texas church put some money into a roadside billboard proclaiming that "Marshall Law" was coming. Apparently he's just this one guy with a badge?)

Edited to add: Also, I suspect that after the economic crash, you'd have have better luck using good Scotch than gold for currency.

Kitten, I believe the current vogue argument is that precious metals are harder to forge than paper money, and, of course, can't just be printed off en masse like bills can.

Which is technically true, and if we get to a state where the government is so defunct that nobody accepts printed bills then I won't be surprised to see gold and silver currency again... but that assumes society is functioning at all. In the short run, supplies and skills are bound to be more valuable.

Conuly, I understand and accept the rationale that precious metals and gems would be more readily accepted than paper money in a society that still has a functioning currency system. But call me thick, I still don't get WHY they carry value. And have, for millennia. I get that people have some sort of fascination and obsession with them, which intrinsically assigns them the value they have. I get that they are relatively rare, and difficult to obtain, so their possession has often indicated someone with the power to force others to work for him/her, or the might to take what others have found, or the willingness to perform difficult and often dangerous work to obtain them.

But in a survival mode, what good are coins and gems going to do someone? That's the conundrum I've never understood. Based on what they predict, we're not going to have a need for diamond-tipped drills (even if gem-quality diamonds were to be used for such a purpose) or nanometer gold circuitry (since all electronics will be useless). These preppers think that all known societal structures are going to collapse, yet they are unable to envision a society that is so unlike what they know now that such things as gold and silver will have little to no value. It is a typical human trait, but still fascinating to me.

Or maybe, my attitude is just my attempt to explain why I've never had any particular interest in jewelry, like a good female should. Forget the damn Tiffany boxes; you wanna win my heart, take me parasailing or horseback riding (and NOT in a skirt and flipflops!)... :lol:

OK, even as someone with a degree in economics, a strong background/interest in history, and a fascination with what drives people to do the things they do, I STILL have never understood WHY gold, silver, diamonds and the like are so "precious."

Same reason as 18 square inches of printed cotton-rag paper can be worth $100. Because society assigns the value and everyone else agrees.

There isn't really a shortage of gold, silver, or even diamonds (look into the history of DeBeer's and how tightly the importation of diamonds is controlled - there is literally no shortage even of the "most desirable" diamonds, the ones we're told are most valuable even if a light yellow diamond might actually be prettier than a plain stone). These things are pretty, and that's about the end of their general usefulness. When you've got a society that is focused on survival, only the wealthy will have the time and resources to be concerned with buying pretty things. But that doesn't mean the rest of society doesn't wish they had it. There needs to be a price to trade for the gold or whathaveyou, and if you price it higher than the lowly workers can afford, then you can create exclusivity. And that creates value.

It's all artificial. All of it. Take a walk down Rodeo Drive if you ever are in Beverly Hills and scrutinize the clothing you see in the windows. Go inside and look at the construction. You might be surprised to find that much of it isn't really top-notch and won't last more than a season. Yet the price tag strips what you'll find at Target, though what you'll find at Target may actually be better made. The wealthy are paying for the privilege of saying they bought a certain label, which denotes having the wealthy necessary to buy it. The cost to create that high-end garment may not actually be any more than the Target item, but the very name attached to it is desirable.

It's human nature to strive for a position higher on the totem pole, and so we look at those above us, and our society places us in a hierarchy based on wealth. We look at what those richer than us have and desire it. But by not being able to afford it, well, that adds more value instead of driving it down.

It could be decided tomorrow that gold and silver and diamonds are all now worthless and that Quaker oatmeal canisters are now the items selling for a lot of money each and Company X is paying. Put this on all the news stations, and you'll find the shelves at the grocery stores cleared of oatmeal canisters as people scramble to buy the canisters to sell to Company X. It's artificial.

MckMama has a pretty good pyramid scheme business going. Perhaps Theonomy Mom can be recruited by get some more information from JM?

It could be decided tomorrow that gold and silver and diamonds are all now worthless and that Quaker oatmeal canisters are now the items selling for a lot of money each
Yeah, it could, but precious metals and gems have ALWAYS been the measure of wealth for humans, which is what makes it so fascinating for me. I completely understand the artificiality of their "value," but I DON'T understand why humans CONTINUE to value them, year after century after millenia.

I understand why we are genetically "programmed" to like sweet-tasting food (no naturally sweet food is poisonous) and to "feast" when we have ample food (in anticipation of leaner times). I understand why humans of similar appearance/behavior instinctively band together against someone who is "different." I understand the desire to be the leader of the pack and have more and better "stuff" than others, whether it's a straighter spear, a bigger house, a greener patch of grass, or a larger jet.

I just don't get the "gold and diamonds will always be valuable" mindset. After the apocalypse, I will be the one tending my blueberry patch and my chickens, unless someone attacks me with their diamond-tipped spear. :lol: :lol:

Ok, I know, I refuse to hijack this thread any longer. Sorrr-reeeee...Slinking away...

Guess Leah McHenry Smith's book on when you change a diaper, you change the world!!!111!!! isn't bringing in the dough. Or her music career for that matter.

http://www.facebook.com/diapersdishesdo ... 0738683036

(not breaking the link because it's Facebook)

If you buy a copy from her she'll sign it!!!1111!!!!

I'm mildly interested for snark purposes but not really all that interested in supporting someone who stated outright that she beats her children.

• 9 years later...

She's made a bit of a name for herself in the symphonic metal scene in the past few years (main reason I've made this account after seeing some disturbing posts of hers denying the severity of the last year and a half), as well as in the fantasy scene on the Internet (the company is called Mythologie) in general. I've always felt as though something was off about this woman, but couldn't quite put my finger on it. 

I'll edit this later and post some screenshots that some friends and I have taken over the last year and a half. I'm just at sort of a loss, because she's posting anti vax propaganda on her Facebook and was doing so previously on her musician page. If she were smaller, I would not care as much, but considering some of the bigger names, especially with the European metal community, such a dangerous person touting dangerous ideals is a scary thought. 

I am so glad that this site exists though, otherwise I wouldn't have known about her abuse (the breaking the will of her 16 month old thread) or found her old blog on the Wayback Machine. Seems as though Leah and her husband have done a fine job of deleting most of her dirty past though, as this was the only site that had any of this information. Other Google searches for Theonomy Mom produce nothing.

• Upvote 1