IGNORED

Do You Submit?

dairyfreelife

I don't see it as a submission thing. It's something people do to help eachother out, and ever favor or help does not have to be placed into some sort of category based on who's submitting to who. My husband asks me to grab stuff at the store all the time when I'm out, and I usually do, but I also tell him if I am too busy or if it would be inconvenient. He does the same thing for me when he's out or on the way home, but I really don't feel like there's some sort of power reversal or role change in our marriage based on who's buying the cat litter.

I wouldn't consider it "submitting" to my fiance' when last week I stopped by the Auto Club to pick up a new map when he asked me to, since by the time he would have gotten off work, that place would have been closed. It's just part of being in a normal relationship, sometimes you do things for each other, as he's run errands for me as well.

This is basically what I would say.

This would be my answer too but more than likely I would do it for him. Just as he goes out of his way after work to get/do things for me. Give and take. A married couple do things for each other, not a huge deal or with butt hurt feelings. :roll:

Well, I must be submitting to my cat because I pick up things for her all the time. She will not go out and get food and cat litter but expects me to.

Well, I must be submitting to my cat because I pick up things for her all the time. She will not go out and get food and cat litter but expects me to.

It's becasue you haven't used the training rod on her. Better get on that! Gonna be all your fault when she turns into an evil heathen!

Eta: Especially on this thread I think it's funny I have to (press) "submit" before I can post. :D

Don't worry, I'm submitting to my basset hound. I bring home food and treats in addition to moving out of his way whenever he wants more space on the bed. Somewhere blanket training went horribly awry.

I have way too many to submit to right now and in less than an hour another one. I think I will instead submit to my puggy headship and take a nap with him. The male feline headship is not to be found with 2 preteen girls in the house but I bet he is taking a nap too. I always submit when someone says it is nap time. :D

Also, why would she get her hands dirty just buying car care items? And why would you be drinking a cup of coffee right before bed!? (says the insomniac).

Yeah that detail kind of threw me. Maybe she's overwhelmed because she doesn't have good sleep hygiene.

A few weeks ago my roommate locked her keys in her car, and I drove out to deliver her spare set of keys. I must have been submitting to her especially considering this was very early in the morning and I wasn't supposed to be awake for a few hours. Please note, I am also a woman, so I should probably atone for my ebil ghey ways.

Wow, I must be the queen of submission, I'll do what people ask me to do when I'm able to. I'll even offer to do things when I know they are at the end of their ropes with too much to do or have difficult doing it.

#1 on her list seems ridiculous if only because she calls him "muffin"

#2-4 seem like passive aggressive or simply aggressive jerkish things to do

Instead why not say "Honey (or muffin if you prefer), my day tomorrow is really busy, but if I have time, I'll try to pick up what you need. Write down exactly what you need, and I'll try to fit it in while I'm out. If I can't I'll call you and let you know." Of course this is assuming that "muffin" has a busy schedule too. If he's just sitting at home being manly he can drive to the store and pick up his own shit.

I must have submitted to my husband because I've picked up those items for him in the past - once he told me exactly what he needed because I'm totally clueless about car stuff. :lol:

I'm not sure why anyone needs to submit to their spouse though - marriage should be a partnership. Of course, the fundies haven't gotten that memo yet.

It seemed a weird dichotomy to me. She could either completely ignore her own needs to the point of ignoring any other solutions, or she could be a passive aggressive or completely aggressive bitch. There was no in between in her options. I hope she doesn't really live like that.

Her replies to commenters are weird. Is she not actually reading the comments?

I just asked my husband to bring pizza home for dinner because I am feeling lazy. He said he would. He must be submitting to me.

Have you not been reading your Mothers Corners???

Teri Maxwell specifically says that it undermines your husbands manliness to remind him to pick up pizza. It is better for you and your children to starve in godly submission.

I don't think it would be overwhelming at all if it was just me, but with two very young children tagging along it could get overwhelming very fast and I may or may not make it to target, let alone the auto parts store.

I have just one child, and I try not to make too many trips out just the two of us because she's a handful when we go out! An appointment and Target by myself, no big deal. With toddler in tow, and it's going to be a long day.

I have just one child, and I try not to make too many trips out just the two of us because she's a handful when we go out! An appointment and Target by myself, no big deal. With toddler in tow, and it's going to be a long day.

I saw somewhere a cartoon of shopping without toddler, mom was back within an hour. WITH a toddler, an hour passes and mom is still wrestling the child into the car seat. I laughed for HOURS because i wondered "HOW IS THIS WOMAN SPYING ON ME"

Not to mention that in these fundy families, these wives are more likely than not taking care of many children while doing these errands. In those situations, you are not asking one person to go to the store for you, you are asking 3 (or 4, 5, 10, whatever) people to go for you. After a point it becomes unfair to ask 2+ people to go out of their way to run an errand for one person.

Oh wait, I forgot, children aren't people. :evil:

I'd be willing to pick the stuff up for the oil change, provided he writes down EXACTLY what he wants because cars are not my thing.

For the same reason, my partner has pictures on his smartphone of the packages my personal hygiene products come in if he ever needs to buy me any.

I don't think it would be overwhelming at all if it was just me, but with two very young children tagging along it could get overwhelming very fast and I may or may not make it to target, let alone the auto parts store.

I don't have kids. I'm just very easily overwhelmed these days. I think it's a depression thing...

I don't have kids. I'm just very easily overwhelmed these days. I think it's a depression thing...

Depression sucks, I hope you feel better soon.

Everyone has different levels of tolerance for that sort of thing, though.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm the doting aunt or if stuff like this happens to everyone, but the last time I took my niece to the grocery store we ended up reading all the balloons available in the floral section. It took a while.

Again with the double speak, changing meaning's of language when they want to support their stupidity.

Slightly OT, I DO submit--to Free Jinger! still waiting for the 'Free Jinger is my headship' post count thingy.

This morning I asked a colleague to pick me up a bagel on her way in when she got her own.

According to fundy-logic, I suppose I am now her headship as she "submitted" to me.

Archived