IGNORED

Good News Club Teaches it's A-OK to Kill Unbelievers

Alecto

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/201 ... believers/

Paraphrasing the Old Testament scripture I Samuel 15:2-3, the Child Evangelism Fellowship’s new lesson plan teaches, “You are to go and completely destroy the Amalekites (AM-uh-leck-ites) – people, animals, every living thing. Nothing shall be left.†The manual then instructs the teacher to tell students, “That was pretty clear, wasn’t it?†Stewart continues,

“Even more important, the Good News Club wants the children to know, the Amalekites were targeted for destruction on account of their religion, or lack of it. The instruction manual reads:

“The Amalekites had heard about Israel’s true and living God many years before, but they refused to believe in him. The Amalekites refused to believe in God and God had promised punishment.â€

The instruction manual goes on to champion obedience in all things. In fact, pretty much every lesson that the Good News Club gives involves reminding children that they must, at all costs, obey. If God tells you to kill nonbelievers, he really wants you to kill them all. No questions asked, no exceptions allowed.â€

So, it's okay to teach children to kill those who are unbelievers but God forbid you decide to get an abortion?

Oh yeah, that definitely makes sense.

I fucking hate these people. I have posted on them here because they send home flyers with my kids almost every month. A lot of their classmates go, and they are taught in class, ON PUBLIC SCHOOL GROUNDS, that Jews are going to Hell. And then my sweet little Jewish children get all upset because they don't really understand hell.

(My husband used to take them to church, but we stopped when my daughter's first communion class sang a song about "We are Jesus's Sheep" at her first communion and I decided it was Too Much.)

How the fuck can they justify teaching kids it's ok to kill someone because they believe something different?

That is pure insanity, that's like some Westboro Baptist insanity right there...

I dunno, at least WBC teaches peaceful protest rather than murder. You know, we are all going to hell but Freddie and his fiends aren't gonna actually try and send us there themselves.

So, it's okay to teach children to kill those who are unbelievers but God forbid you decide to get an abortion?

Tell them you just know the fetus is an atheist!

And they have the nerve to rattle about Jesus being taken out of public schools.

And they have the nerve to rattle about Jesus being taken out of public schools.

I think they are mad that they cannot spew their bullshit during school hours, when my kids are there. Christians really, really want the right to teach their religion on government time. Because they have ample opportunities to indoctrinate their own children, I think they have their eye on mine. Think of all the atheist and Jewish children who are not learning about their future in Hell.

I think they are mad that they cannot spew their bullshit during school hours, when my kids are there. Christians really, really want the right to teach their religion on government time. Because they have ample opportunities to indoctrinate their own children, I think they have their eye on mine. Think of all the atheist and Jewish children who are not learning about their future in Hell.

I do to. It scares me. My offspring are starting school this August.

This attitude is really prevalent where I live, and I have several family members who believe this. Last year the Freedom from Religion Foundation called a nearby public high school out on the Christian prayers that are led over the loudspeaker before football games. You would not believe the uproar it caused locally. Actually, you probably would.

It is painfully apparent that a large percentage of Christians in the area believe not only that they are entitled to have their religious beliefs spread and endorsed in public school, but also that it is specifically only to be THEIR faith that is promoted and accepted. The very fact that it isn't allowed is said to be What Is Wrong With Society Today.

Sometimes I really wish that I could move my family somewhere else, somewhere more progressive than the Bible Belt.

I dunno, at least WBC teaches peaceful protest rather than murder. You know, we are all going to hell but Freddie and his fiends aren't gonna actually try and send us there themselves.

They only teach peaceful protest because they don't want to go to jail or hell for muder. That is absolutely the only reason. They would certainly be gleeful in killing nonbelievers, mark my words. I've heard the Phelp's woman's (Shirley I think?) kids say that many times. We've had a few soldier funeral protests in my area.

It is painfully apparent that a large percentage of Christians in the area believe not only that they are entitled to have their religious beliefs spread and endorsed in public school, but also that it is specifically only to be THEIR faith that is promoted and accepted.

I am so glad I grew up in a town with very little to no religious involvement. We had to have special permission to bring the bible to school, and if we wore religious jewelry it had to be tucked inside our shirts, and religious clothing (shirts mainly) had to be turned inside out, or you had to take it off and wear your gym clothes.

I fucking hate these people. I have posted on them here because they send home flyers with my kids almost every month. A lot of their classmates go, and they are taught in class, ON PUBLIC SCHOOL GROUNDS, that Jews are going to Hell. And then my sweet little Jewish children get all upset because they don't really understand hell.

(My husband used to take them to church, but we stopped when my daughter's first communion class sang a song about "We are Jesus's Sheep" at her first communion and I decided it was Too Much.)

While I do understand the actual meaning of singing a song like that, I can't lie, seeing a class of little kids singing that would make be giggle, a lot :lol:

This group is horrible, how do they keep giving your kids the flyers? When I was in school, people could pass things out but they had to be approved by the teacher.

They only teach peaceful protest because they don't want to go to jail or hell for muder. That is absolutely the only reason. They would certainly be gleeful in killing nonbelievers, mark my words. I've heard the Phelp's woman's (Shirley I think?) kids say that many times. We've had a few soldier funeral protests in my area.

I believe they wouldn't commit murder, because it's illegal, but they want the U.S. to introduce the death penalty for homosexuality. Correct me if I'm wrong?

They are very careful to stay within the bounds of the law. Most of the adult church members are lawyers. It seems they'd be perfectly happy to use the fag-enabling nation's laws to fuck over people who made the slightest miss-step in disagreeing with them, but I think they've only ever really threatened to sue towns to let them protest; I've never heard of them suing an individual for hitting them, even though I often see people warning counterprotestors to be careful because they're litigious. Likewise, they keep careful records of everything a member has ever done wrong, to use against them if they leave/speak out, but I'm not sure they've ever used those records on the son who left and now speaks out about all the terrible things that used to happen.

I agree completely with everything being said here. Having said that, something seems off, and it would not surprise me if Katherine Stewart has a ax to grind or an agenda or both. GNC's website alone is full of what appears to be one-sided articles. I would expect something better than that from a journalist. However, if what she has written is true then as I said, I completely agree with everything being said on this thread.

There's no way in hell a fetus is capable of believing in God, ergo by their logic abortion should be lauded, not derided.

Whatever, this group wants to murder me because I decided their religion was illogical and didn't make sense to me.

I'm not familiar with the "We are Jesus's Sheep" song. I tried googling it, but I can't find any lyrics. Or were you referring to this lady who thinks she received religious songs directly from God? I'd like to quantify how offensive it is. :)

ETA: The only thing worse than people who are completely unaware of the violent or otherwise amoral parts of the Bible are the people who are aware of it and decide to adopt it in their set of morals.

And then when people critize them for this horrible shit; they cry persecution! I don't think that fundies realize what that word means.

I'm not familiar with the "We are Jesus's Sheep" song. I tried googling it, but I can't find any lyrics. Or were you referring to this lady who thinks she received religious songs directly from God? I'd like to quantify how offensive it is. :)

The chorus was "We are Jesus' Sheep" and I cannot find it either damnit! Maybe the ultra-creative children's ministry director wrote it herself. It was not that "I am Jesus' little lamb" one. Either way, it was a wakeup call. My children are not livestock for the RCC.

In this worldview, it's only their god who's allowed to kill people, or to order people to be killed. He's kind of like a mob boss. So if you decide for yourself to get an abortion, that's wrong and going to be punished, but if your god commands you to get an abortion, that's totally okay. A lot of these religious people don't really have a problem with killing. It's a matter of who's doing the killing. God: good. Other people: bad.

This is another reason I'm not going to come out of the atheist closet anytime soon. I live in a very progressive area but these yahoos can be anywhere. It's just easier to let people believe that I'm like them.

As a pro-life agnostic...I agree with you. Why is it okay to kill one group of believers but not another group not yet capable of believing anything?

Archived