IGNORED

Do, do you think Mel will try a homebirth this time?

Justme

She seems to be having a uncomplicated pregnancy. Since Anna had a homebirth, with what looks like no complications, do you think Mel will try? It would sure save the Scamaraton insurance some money..... ;)

I don't think they can chance it. Hasn't she been on bed rest? I would think with her history she wouldn't be a good candidate for a home birth. However, I am no doctor. And I'm not the crazy Maxwell clan cult.

She seems to be having a uncomplicated pregnancy. Since Anna had a homebirth, with what looks like no complications, do you think Mel will try? It would sure save the Scamaraton insurance some money..... ;)

My guess is no. She doesn't have a good OB history, I can't imagine her provider agreeing to a home birth unless she has an unlicensed, lay midwife. I think Mel herself has more common sense than to risk losing another baby.

I'd be surprised, and I doubt a midwife would be up for it. If it were me, I wouldn't chance it and I'm a big hb supporter.

No.

After Susannah's birth Mel has a real concept of how precious and fragile her baby's life is, not an abstract "precious baybee sent from God that Jesus won't let anything bad happen to" kind of concept.

I'm pretty sure Melanie and Nathan will do whatever they have to do to ensure a healthy baby and mother. And for Melanie that is a hospital birth.

No.

After Susannah's birth Mel has a real concept of how precious and fragile her baby's life is, not an abstract "precious baybee sent from God that Jesus won't let anything bad happen to" kind of concept.

I'm pretty sure Melanie and Nathan will do whatever they have to do to ensure a healthy baby and mother. And for Melanie that is a hospital birth.

QFT

Couldn't the patriarch over rule them all if he received a sigh from scripture?

Oh, man, what a sickening thought..

Otoh, it might be what the kids would need to realize that their father has had a Rasputin-like hold over them for the past couple decades.

If Steve said God led him to believe a home birth was best and directed Nathan as such Mel would have no choice.

Oh, man, what a sickening thought..

Otoh, it might be what the kids would need to realize that their father has had a Rasputin-like hold over them for the past couple decades.

I know its sick but Steve Maxwell is crazy.

It is obvious the Maxwell's cherish the lives of babies and children, whatever else may be said about them. I highly doubt given the history that Mel will deliver anywhere but a hospital.

If Steve said God led him to believe a home birth was best and directed Nathan as such Mel would have no choice.

Right, but he would not do this. Steve is not an idiot. If his children lose a baby because of his bad judgment, they will be thisclose to leaving the fold. And surely he knows that. I suspect "God" is telling Steve that hospitals are just fine in Mel's case.

Right, but he would not do this. Steve is not an idiot. If his children lose a baby because of his bad judgment, they will be thisclose to leaving the fold. And surely he knows that. I suspect "God" is telling Steve that hospitals are just fine in Mel's case.

Yup. Gotta keep up appearances, and Stevie knows a Mel homebirth'd be bad PR.

I really, genuinely hope that she has that baby in a hospital. I think she will; they won't be nuts enough to have a high risk woman birthing at home with an untrained lay midwife.

Her pregnancies have been high risk and she has routinely delivered early, but her DELIVERIES have gone okay. I think Susannah probably had a trisomy of some kind (although they have never said). And both the other babies have been born early, but not been traumatic deliveries. I hope if she wants to deliver at home, she gets the chance to do that.

Her pregnancies have been high risk and she has routinely delivered early, but her DELIVERIES have gone okay. I think Susannah probably had a trisomy of some kind (although they have never said). And both the other babies have been born early, but not been traumatic deliveries. I hope if she wants to deliver at home, she gets the chance to do that.

With a history of early deliveries, how have the babies fared right afterward? If she has a history of babies needing medical care right after birth (and I'm not talking about having one baby need care from being so early, but it reoccurring), then even if the deliveries have gone nice and easy, she'd need to be in a hospital unless she goes to term, in which case, if delivery has been fine and her full-term babies have been fine, then she may be fine with a homebirth. If they've all been fine post-delivery, then I don't see why a homebirth wouldn't be an option. But overall I don't know enough about her delivery history and how her babies have fared.

Not only do I think they will birth in the hospital for the safety of mum and bub, but I think that preserving Melanie's reproductive health is high on their agenda, and the best way to do that is to have a well supervised birth in the hospital.

With her history of difficulties, a problematic birth could make it even harder or possibly impossible for her to conceive. If she was unable to bear more children it would be considered a tragedy, so they will do whatever it takes to keep her reproductive system in the best working order possible.

Not only do I think they will birth in the hospital for the safety of mum and bub, but I think that preserving Melanie's reproductive health is high on their agenda, and the best way to do that is to have a well supervised birth in the hospital.

With her history of difficulties, a problematic birth could make it even harder or possibly impossible for her to conceive. If she was unable to bear more children it would be considered a tragedy, so they will do whatever it takes to keep her reproductive system in the best working order possible.

But wouldn't it just be God closing her womb to further children? They go on about how they leave family size up to God, don't they?

But wouldn't it just be God closing her womb to further children? They go on about how they leave family size up to God, don't they?

Yes, but they do everything they can to help him keep it open. That full quiver is a physical manifestation of their holiness and worthiness of god's blessings.

Yes, but they do everything they can to help him keep it open. That full quiver is a physical manifestation of their holiness and worthiness of god's blessings.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. A lot of QF fundies *claim* they're leaving family size up to God, but really they're aiming for as many children as possible, so I was trying to show their hypocrisy.

Reading my post again, though, the sarcasm really isn't clear :oops:

9 days late. Any opinions on this?

Read either late last night or early this morning she's having contractions.

Read either late last night or early this morning she's having contractions.

No, I think she's 9 days from her due date, meaning she's still 9 days early.

Archived