IGNORED

Dominitists: Christianity & Democracy cannot co-exist

I honestly wish the crazy fundie christians would just admit that they want to make america into a theocracy, rather than pretend it's anything else. I want them to admit that the want the good ol' USA to be the equivalent of Afghanistan under the Taliban. At least then, everyone would know they were crazy people.

If everyone knew they were crazies, our job would be too easy.

So true, I just get tired of feeling like Chicken Little, claiming that the sky is falling. Most people think that these fundies either don't exist or are a harmless form of amusement. They truly scare me.

So true, I just get tired of feeling like Chicken Little, claiming that the sky is falling. Most people think that these fundies either don't exist or are a harmless form of amusement. They truly scare me.

Me too, but plan to be persistent.

Now I'm frightened. And more than ever want to work towards getting religion out of the public sphere.

I honestly wish the crazy fundie christians would just admit that they want to make america into a theocracy, rather than pretend it's anything else. I want them to admit that the want the good ol' USA to be the equivalent of Afghanistan under the Taliban. At least then, everyone would know they were crazy people.

This. But of course it would be totally different because we all know that Christianity is perfect, and evil Islam is not!!!!1!!!

I agree with samithemage - it does get old trying to bring people's attention to the fact that a lot of these people are crazy - and this is where I wish we could expose more people to the crazy. As it is, we get a lot of people taking the parts they approve of to heart, and ignoring, then forgetting the rest. The more out-there stuff is trickling down into mainstream society, and while it gets diluted, it's still dangerous.

Archived