IGNORED

The Staddons know how to throw a party

terranova

staddonfamily.com/

The rather unfortunate looking Don (not sure of his relation to the family) was thrown a Titanic birthday party. Complete with Titanic cake, Titanic birthday card and even a rather ingenious Bible quotation done in the shape of the ship.

Perhaps Don is known for uh, going down? :naughty:

Every time I see a Staddon post I have to step back because I'm sure someone wrote 'Stodden' and I'm terrified it will be about Courtney Stodden... Not sure which is worse, tbqh.

I think Don will be Sarah Maxwell's future spouse. Don't ask me why, I have always thought that. They may be boring enough for Steve M.

I think Don will be Sarah Maxwell's future spouse. Don't ask me why, I have always thought that. They may be boring enough for Steve M.

Poor Sarah. He is so homely--and not just that, but old- and odd-looking. But I could almost see this match happening.

No no no, we've gone over this before. Let her marry Michael Staddon since he's way cuter.

Isn't Donald the only one old enough for Sarah? He just seems drab enough Steve would approve. The lack of good looks would be a plus in Steve's book. I can totally see this happening.

I don't know their ages, but I'm guessing Donald is about 35 and Michael is 33ish.

I don't know their ages, but I'm guessing Donald is about 35 and Michael is 33ish.

Wow age has not been kind to him.

Anyone remember Robert's 'buck's night'? It involved surprising him with a shower of Mountain Dew (unintentionally symbolic ?) and throwing him in the pool. What a scream.

And a Titanic party? These ppl really have no clue. :? What's next? Let's hope none of them have a birthday that falls on the anniversary of Kristallnacht or Hiroshima or 9/11.

What is the point of the name "la verle" for the baby girl (the post is below on the same page) ??

It sounds French but doesn't mean anything in French, they say it means truth, but in which language (French for truth is "vérité") ?

I put it in a translator but nothing match... I just hope they didn't made up this one... another SOTDRT fail may be :lol: :lol:

La Verle because of the kindness of a little girl with that name. Mama gave that middle name to Kendalyn and so Kendalyn passed that middle name on to her first born daughter. Verle means truth and LaVerle is the femine form of that. So to us “LaVerle†is a blend of truth and kindness and a reminder to us to speak the truth in love.â€

And a Titanic party? These ppl really have no clue. :? What's next? Let's hope none of them have a birthday that falls on the anniversary of Kristallnacht or Hiroshima or 9/11.

I was just thinking, "Lawd, what a depressing theme for a birthday party." You have found the only two themes more depressing! :lol:

This isn't how language gender works, especially not in the French it sounds like it's meant to be. If "La verle" (note that it's two words) is the feminine form, then "Le verl(e)" would be the masculine. Le/La/L'/Les mean "The". You don't add an article to change the gender; you change the ending and, if an article is used, change the article. Why you'd have an article like "The" as part of a name escapes me, though.

That said, Google Translate says it's Spanish for "see", which makes it a verb and therefore ungendered.

I'm going to go with this being one of those weird "Kree-ay-tiv" names where the parents don't actually know what they're naming their kid, like Smuggar naming his oldest daughter a weirdass spelling of "son of Kenneth" (which is what McKenzie/McKenna means).

They've really messed it up if it's the Spanish verb ver. They now have an object attached with a mismatched/inappropriate article.

You beat me to it. The bakery must have been out of Auschwitz cakes.

This isn't how language gender works, especially not in the French it sounds like it's meant to be. If "La verle" (note that it's two words) is the feminine form, then "Le verl(e)" would be the masculine. Le/La/L'/Les mean "The". You don't add an article to change the gender; you change the ending and, if an article is used, change the article. Why you'd have an article like "The" as part of a name escapes me, though.

That said, Google Translate says it's Spanish for "see", which makes it a verb and therefore ungendered.

I'm going to go with this being one of those weird "Kree-ay-tiv" names where the parents don't actually know what they're naming their kid, like Smuggar naming his oldest daughter a weirdass spelling of "son of Kenneth" (which is what McKenzie/McKenna means).

:clap: I couldn't have said it better, very hard for me to explain French grammar in English :oops:

But French grammar being the weird thing it is, a lot of masculine words unfortunately end with an "e", nothing is logical in French grammar, even for a native speaker like me !

I still don't get the Titanic thing and why all of these people seem to be obsessed with it. What's to celebrate about mass death? I just can't wrap my head around it.

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

That ship did bre-ak

Just so you could eat cake!

Assholes.

Yeah, I don't know what language they think that word is from, but the use of "la" (and the fact that verle is vaguely reminiscent of at least the Latin, Italian, and Spanish words for truth--veritas, verità, and verdad) implies that it is a Romance language and as others have said, that's just not how Romance languages work. At all.

Looking at Donald his hair loss makes his forehead look huge. However, I don't think it is just hair loss. His forehead would be huge with a hairline. He almost looks like he has a form of achondroplasia - a very mild form but he just looks syndromic.

I still don't get the Titanic thing and why all of these people seem to be obsessed with it. What's to celebrate about mass death? I just can't wrap my head around it.

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

That ship did bre-ak

Just so you could eat cake!

Assholes.

I keep trying to sing this, but I can't get the timing right.

On which beat do I sing "Assholes."?

"Assholes" can be strung out to the "and many mooooore" part.

Heh, I just wrote that as an afterthought. I suppose "You fundie assholes" would fit and be in time.

"Assholes" can be strung out to the "and many mooooore" part.

Or this! Yeah, that's what I meant. *shifty eyes*

Archived