IGNORED

It's The End Of The World As We Know It!

Guest Bekah

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

survivalblog.com is absolute CRAZY at it's best.

But these Fundie swim suits drive me off the edge!

Tried to post the link and break it, but being a newbie I can't make it happen...I think the Fundie Swim suit/dress is on page three as you go back through older posts.

She's on to us.

I responded:

Oh for goodness' sakes. You put yourself out on the web advertising your lifestyle and you think you're supposed to be immune from criticism? You think you're being attacked? You have no idea what being attacked is until you've had a notorious space-alien cult put up a hate web page about you which is the first thing that comes up when your name is plugged into Google.

Frankly, you need to get a grip and get a life.

Deana Holmes

Let's see if she posts it.

Guest Anonymous
I looked at their 'Guide to Uncommon Diseases' . . .

OK. Umm . . . IS there anything you can buy Over-The-Counter for bubonic plague?

Aspirin maybe? :? And rat poison. And flea spray. That's what I'd be shoppin' for :)

Unless she has a recipe in there for making flea spray from scratch with lemon rinds and bacon grease? ... might be worth buying a book like that.

Guest Anonymous
This is very scary. I am a CNA, the very lowest on the rung of nursing/medical education and the first 1/2 of our textbook (8 or 9 chapters) was deadicated to infection control. When I tested for my liscence we even had to be tested for properly washing our hands - proper technique, time under water, how to turn the sink on/off, the whole 9 yards.

While homebirthing can be a wonderful experience for some women if done right - I would not want anyone trusting the birth of their baby to a "godly young woman" who reads and writes at a 3rd grade level and doesn't know a thing about medicine.

I shuddered at the post where she wrote of a woman with a retained placenta, and how the 'midwife' tried to manually remove it, but could only get half of it out. These women would do better squatting in fields than having untrained people pulling stunts like that.

She's on to us.

I responded:

Let's see if she posts it.

Hatred? Huh? I see some discussion of what she has said, some worry about her mental health (and interpretation of Christianity), and some conversation about her daughter not being well educated. No, it may not be nice, and I'd be upset if somebody said that about me, but it's not hatred. She put her life out there online to begin with.

I just gotta say it.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign tower. Slash and burn,

return, listen to yourself churn. Lock him in uniform and book burning,

blood letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle,

light a motive. Step down, step down. Watch a heel crush, crush. Uh oh,

this means no fear - cavalier. Renegade and steer clear! A tournament,

a tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives

and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it.

It's the end of the world as we know it.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...

*rocks out*

This was the first thing I thought of when my sleep deprived brain figured out what the acronym meant.

Back on topic... While I do have a bug pack, sitting right next to the cat carriers and my rifle, I'm not strung out over the potential for a disaster and freaking out about what the heck I'm going to do if the unthinkable happens. I have a plan, I have a backup plan and I have enough military training that I think I'll be okay. If not... well... shit happens and we all have to die sometime.

I am going to enjoy my life. I am going to live life to the fullest. Spending my life hunkered down and afraid... that's not life. I'll worry about the disaster when it happens and trust that I've made enough preparations to see us through it. If not... well... shit happens and we all have to die sometime.

I have been following this blog for a while now and their brand of crazy really gets me. But anyway, I just had to delurk to let you all know you are part of a vast conspiracy, as per this comment left on the blog:

I was commenting to another faithful reader (a few weeks ago when it was Patrice's turn to take some heat) and asked my friend WHY are people so nasty and hateful and unkind? If I end up on a site that does not agree with my views, I just move on and don't go back.

Why are people attacking? My friend mentioned hearing a radio talk show host say there has been set into motion planned attacks by opposing views. As conservative blogs become more popular, they get vicious comments posted in order to plant seeds of doubt in readers and to try to curb reader interest & online growth. Both you and Patrice must be doing something right to warrant such hatred.

Guest Anonymous
I have been following this blog for a while now and their brand of crazy really gets me. But anyway, I just had to delurk to let you all know you are part of a vast conspiracy, as per this comment left on the blog:

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa*breeeeathe*HAhahahahahahaaaaaaa!

That was the funniest thing I've read in ages. Conservatives are nothing if not creative!

The truth can never be anything negative about these people. It's always, always gonna come down to Obama and the NWO and *gasp* TEH GAAAYYYYS trying to 'ruin' things. Alright, you got us. I started this thread on this forum to test your mettle. You're welcome :D

I've never read this woman's blog until today, and all I have to say is what the hell? This is a whole new brand of crazy!!!!

This post in particular is very disturbing. paratusfamilia.blogspot.com/2010/09/wanted.html

Seriously? Their future son in law has to have a years supply of food? And when did it become vital that a potential spouse know how to use a HAM radio and have a supply of weapons? Batshit crazy doesn't even begin to discribe these people.

And by the way, what is up with her nicknames for her family (at least I hope they are nicknames!) Master Calvin? Princess Dragon Snack? She should not be allowed to procreate. The world can't take anymore crazy!

I have read the numerous posts on here regarding this lady and all I can say is that i am appalled at the tacky, snarky, hateful rhetoric that I have seen from you people. Good grief. She's living her own life, sharing her own thoughts and skills and all you all can do is complain that her apples look old and her mixer is dirty??? Sheesh. You would do well to focus on your own lives and the way you treat people instead of wasting time and space degrading another human being whom you have never met and in whose shoes you have never walked. What a bunch of jerks.

I have read the numerous posts on here regarding this lady and all I can say is that i am appalled at the tacky, snarky, hateful rhetoric that I have seen from you people. Good grief. She's living her own life, sharing her own thoughts and skills and all you all can do is complain that her apples look old and her mixer is dirty??? Sheesh. You would do well to focus on your own lives and the way you treat people instead of wasting time and space degrading another human being whom you have never met and in whose shoes you have never walked. What a bunch of jerks.

Your screenname (gentlespirit) sure doesn't match your post. And if she didn't want people to disagree with her views, then her views don't belong on the internet because once she publishes something online, it's fair game for anyone to read and talk about.

"it's fair game for anyone to read and talk about."

So you say. I don't see anyone talking about any of the topics. All I read is personal attacks that are low-classed and mean like a bunch of 7th grade girls. If you disagree with her, fine. But say why you disagree with IDEAS. All you people are doing is showing bias and hate toward an idividual and her family. As far as I am concerned, I'd rather meet her than any of you any day and I don't even know who she is!!!

Wow. I've just been reading through the site and posts on other topics. You people are horrible. What sad lives you must lead to have to spend it being so mean. So sad that you never grew up past the 7th grade. What a waste of internet space. Buh bye.

Her blog waxes poetic about stocking up on weapons and how important it is to kill bandits while wandering the post-apocalyptic wasteland - and you have the unmitigated gall to come over here and bitch about how mean-spirited our snark is? You might want to check your MREs for contamination, because you're obviously either eating or drinking (or huffing) something that rots your brain.

So you say. I don't see anyone talking about any of the topics.

There's lots of topical discussion, but you'll see what you want to see - whatever it is that will bolster your ego.

I removed this post as I had a change of heart and decided that fighting with someone that mentally ill is wrong on my part. She knows she is wrong but has decided to cry "poor me, I'm being persecuted for putting my thoughts on a public blog" and have her equally mentally ill friends fight her battles.

Wow. I've just been reading through the site and posts on other topics. You people are horrible. What sad lives you must lead to have to spend it being so mean. So sad that you never grew up past the 7th grade. What a waste of internet space. Buh bye.

Promise this is your last post? Somehow I really doubt it.

I guess my question is whether this woman is actually living her life or if she's so overwhelmed by fears of disaster that she's being kept from living her life to the fullest. Her post about disaster preparation fatigue raises some legitimate concerns. She's so focused on being prepared for some yet unknown disaster that she's not even able to enjoy a drive home, because she's thinking about alternate routes and not taking highways, because she may get stuck. That's just not healthy and could be a sign of OCD or another type of disorder.

Expressing a concern about this isn't mean, hateful or nasty. It's starting to quack like a duck...

Eh I for one don't really care about how she lives/stores/cooks food, it's actually quite interesting. But I have read a large portion of her blog, and every so often she says some absolutely mindblowingly hateful things. Karma's gonna come back and bite her, it's just the way life works.

When TEOTWAWKI was all over the news in--was that 1999 or 2000?--a conservative Christian who I respect posted a long e-book about surviving total breakdown of services and infrastructure. She included something I have never seen anywhere else: trade. Forget the Krugerrands, she said. What you need is a skill you can trade with your neighbors. You don't need bullets as much as you need skills and tools. Enough mugs for guests, and something to serve in them, wouldn't hurt either, because talking to your neighbors is vital, because no single family can do it all. She suggested paramedic training, making musical instruments (and playing them), bicycle maintenance and repair, use and maintenance of a pedal-operated sewing machine, soapmaking, teaching basic literacy and math, and using and repairing manual typewriters. But only one or two off the list. The point was to be master of one trade beyond basic survival and hope that other people had had the same idea.

This blogger seems to be stuck in permanent fight-or-flight mode. She isn't planning, she's running on a mental treadmill. How exhausting--and damaging.

I think I'm an official FJ'er now!! One of her commenters called me out by name woohoo! He/She/It was nice enough to point out that I spelled license wrong (liscence), and of course this invalidates everything I said about nursing education and infection control!

Not to derail, but WHY would you need that much stuff?? Yes, I get having a bit of stored food or water, and even a gun or two if that's your thing, but what is going to happen that will require so much gear?? I guess I'm too trusting, but I just don't see that society is going to collapse, or if it does, as Jenny said above, we'll need each other.

Although my survival plan so far is to save my can opener--I figure I can trade can-opening for food. :)

Zombies aren't real, so I don't understand the posts about them.

antifundie, some preppers call non-preppers "zombies." That is, we are the mindless slavering hordes from whom they will have to defend their supplies and stockpiles after society falls apart. It seems that a lot of the talk about zombies is supposed to be funny in a mean-spirited kind of way.

Archived