IGNORED

what does SOTDRT stand for?

skrmom

It took a lot of lurking for me to finally figure that one out!

Now it seems to pop up in my head all the time! Every time some says something stupid, in my head I think they must have gone to the SOTDRT!

It took a lot of lurking for me to finally figure that one out!

Now it seems to pop up in my head all the time! Every time some says something stupid, in my head I think they must have gone to the SOTDRT!

Me, too! What a lightbulb moment that was when I finally found out what it meant! :lol:

Me too.

It's been said before, but there should be an acronym dictionary somewhere, like the fundy blog sticky post.

Me too.

It's been said before, but there should be an acronym dictionary somewhere, like the fundy blog sticky post.

That's a good idea!

Until now I thought that it was an acronym for one of the programs fundamental people enroll in :shifty: It *kinda* makes sense, if you don't have a clue :p

Guest Anonymous

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6256&hilit=acronyms

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4831&hilit=acronyms

As has also been said before: feel free to use the search function! And if you'd like to see a sticky thread, do something to make it happen - maybe one of you would like to compile an updated list, create a new thread and then PM Alecto or one of the mods to ask them to make it a sticky. :D

http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6256&hilit=acronyms

As has also been said before: feel free to use the search function! And if you'd like to see a sticky thread, do something to make it happen - maybe one of you would like to compile an updated list, create a new thread and then PM Alecto or one of the mods to ask them to make it a sticky. :D

I think people have been trying to get one the acronym threads stickied for a while now.

Guest Anonymous

I think people have been trying to get one the acronym threads stickied for a while now.

What do you mean, exactly? Have you, or has someone else you know of, contacted Alecto directly and for some reason been declined? She's busy, but not unapproachable - she has always replied if I have ever needed to query something.

well I've actually been here either lurking or posting for a while but there's a new term that's popped up I'm confused about.

TTH used to mean the Thinking Housewife. but since we all mostly refer to her with rhyming joke terms I guess it became a term to use for something else because now TTH is somehow the Duggar compound. but I don't understand what the letters stand for. the ______ house, I guess?

well I've actually been here either lurking or posting for a while but there's a new term that's popped up I'm confused about.

TTH used to mean the Thinking Housewife. but since we all mostly refer to her with rhyming joke terms I guess it became a term to use for something else because now TTH is somehow the Duggar compound. but I don't understand what the letters stand for. the ______ house, I guess?

I think it means Tator Tot House, no idea why though!

I think it means Tator Tot House, no idea why though!

Tinker Toy House, because it's made from steel kits :)

SOTDRT is used to distinguish between fundie, half-baked homeschooling (like the Duggars)

and people who make more of an effort to homeschool in a legitimate fashion with an actual rigorous curriculum.

SOTDRT is used to distinguish between fundie, half-baked homeschooling (like the Duggars)

and people who make more of an effort to homeschool in a legitimate fashion with an actual rigorous curriculum.

Yes, biiig difference! Not all fundies are SOTDT, either (my mother wanted to make sure that we had good educations, the only thing that was SOTDT was our YEcreationist science, even history wasn't (for the most part).

http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6256&hilit=acronyms

Hint taken. I have asked her about a stickied thread.

Any update on this?

Not yet. Will ask again if I don't hear anything by this evening.

If you guys can make a complete, well organized dictionary, it will be stickied. But I am not going to sticky something that isn't easy to understand.

How's this?

Cap’n: Brett Smith

Dairy Queen/DQ: Michelle Duggar, for once referring to herself as the “Dairy Queen†because of all the breast milk she pumped and froze for Josie

Darth: Dorothy Sanders (nee Morton)

Dim Bulb: Jim Bob Duggar

ETA: Edited to add

Famy: Amy Duggar/Cousin Amy

Frumper: a frumpy jumper

Howlers: the younger Duggar boys, Jediddiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Justin, and Jackson.

Jim Boob: Jim Bob Duggar

J’slaves: The oldest Duggar daughters, Jana, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger, who are raising their parents’ children

J’uterus: Michelle Duggar

ITA: I totally agree

Latisha Sawyers: Jessica, a former blogger and current internet friend of Zsu, who allegedly commented on treemom’s blog with this clever pseudaonym

Lost boys: the young Duggar boys that no one in their family really pays attention to

Mullet: Michelle Duggar

NR Anna: Non reversal Anna Maxwell, born before Steve had his vasectomy, and whose name was changed to Anna Marie and it was found unsuitable by the board

Pedicure maneuver: derailing the thread to discuss nail polish and related topics so that trolls are not given so much attention

PP/Pissing Preacher: Steven Anderson, for preaching a sermon about how real men “pisseth against the wallâ€

QF: Quiverfull

QFT: Quoted for truth

Reversals (and variations on this theme): the kids born after Steve Maxwell had his vasectomy

Riffle: Typo, based on a misspelling of the word rifle

Smuggar: Josh Duggar, for being a smug Duggar

Smuggar Jr.: now defunct, a nickname for Josiah Duggar who has since grown out of his smugness

SOTDRT: School of the dining room table, apescifically subpar fundie homeschooling

TT/Taliban Tony: Anthony ????, Lina’s husband for…. (I don’t follow Lina, someone will have to fill in why is TT for me)

TTC: Tater tot casserole, the culinary concoction that is a signature meal of the Duggars (alternatively known as tataca)

TTH: Tinker toy house, the Duggar's home that was built out of several steel home kits

I can volunteer to make the thread to be stickied, unless someone else wants to do it. As you can see I have a few gaps that anyone is welcome to fill and other suggestions are goo too :D Also, I alphabetized it to make it easier to find things.

My .02, final thread should be organized in sections: acronyms, nicknames, "incidents." like AD and this Taryn person (I'm still not quite sure who she is but see her referenced a lot.) Also I don't think that acronyms that are common to the entire internet like "eta" or "imo" need to be in there.

Archived