IGNORED

Some people still use the word "miscegenation"...

maybeizfundie

faithandheritageDOTcom/2011/05/the-moral-status-of-miscegenation/

I am sure the name Strickland is familiar to me from discussions on FB. ???? A certain young Nathaniel Strickland is active in the comments defending the article.

I want to do a full rebuttal from a conservative Christian POV, but that will probably fall by the wayside between work and a needy 3 month old (who is *brown*, gasp!)

I did post a comment, but they're moderated. I have a feeling that *reasoned* opposition may not be let through. They let opposing comment through but it looks like mostly knee-jerk reactions or "maybe you could be right" type of opposition.

Miscegenation is unnatural and works against God’s purposes, especially when racial admixture occurs in large quantities. Therefore its default status is one of moral wrongness. In unordinary situations, the unnatural may be morally permissible, particularly when it is kept in small numbers (so as to not destroy the distinctiveness of a people or culture), but in ordinary situations, the default status of miscegenation cannot be overturned. We ought not to value the natural and the unnatural equally, and we also ought not to treat race as meaningless or insignificant.

:shock:

For those of us on phones:

faithandheritage.com/2011/05/the-moral-status-of-miscegenation/

Also, what the fucking fuck?! She's crazy.

I just found they have many more articles on race.

including this little nugget:

Black Africans, unlike Europeans or Asians, have no ruins of past civilization, no archeological, written, nor even oral history of which to speak. They never created any written languages. Nor did they smelt metals of any kind, invent bricks, or even produce the wheel. As incredible as it may be to contemplate, as a race, they have barely harnessed fire. Aside from the importation and subsidization of all of these on the part of Europeans or Arabs to a lesser degree, Africans would still today be living in pre-paleolithic conditions. For such reasons, Africa was in more Christian times known at once as “The Lost Continent,†“The Pariah Continent,†and most ubiquitously, “The Dark Continent.†“Africa stood for mystery and symbolism in religious thought. The very name has by etymology been interpreted as meaning sealed, secret, or separated.â€15

I'm married to an African whose nation does indeed have archeological evidence of a very great civilisation. Kingdoms and cities and trade routes....while Europeans were still in the barbarian stage. Also, not just an incredible oral history going back to and connecting to Biblical history but *written language* and *written history*. I can't decide if these people are just lying their heads off, or stupid.

Guest Anonymous

Well, there is nothing quite like hearing that I should not exist! Should I start un-making my existence now, or later?

The strangest thing about this piece is the shock that the writer displays that a decision made purely on the basis of race (i.e. a black person should not marry a white person) should be considered racist!

My husband is Filipino, my children half-Filipino, half-English/German/Scottish/Welsh etc. The 'About' section alone has my jaw on the floor and my skin crawling. I don't know how much I can take of the rest of it.

I just found they have many more articles on race.

including this little nugget:

Only the two oldest universities in the world (Timbuktu and Al Akhbar), not to mention that smelting metals and producing bricks and the wheel were probably invented in Africa. Ruins? Obviously this person has never heard of Ethiopia or Zimbabwe or Mali or Ghana or etc etc etc.... Those stupid names for Africa were promulgated to support colonialism and the slave trade. Wow, long time since I've read such ignorance. These kinds of crazy lies make me question my support for free speech. Somebody needs to handslap this nasty person and sentence her to at least a year of intensive study of world history (real history, not just US history which is all I learnt in elementary and high school in the US).

The day she can find me an example of a 'pure' specimen of any given race, that is the day I will read her ridiculous drivel. Ten years ago I read a study that found that the majority of African Americans, and 20% of "white" americans, were products of recent (as in the last 500 years) miscegenation. Plus we all came from Africa originally.

Is there a time machine involved? That would explain how a 1950s rant on race ended up on a blog. Massive Klan rallies fell out of fashion before the internet was widespread, yet here's a wesite full of their rhetoric.

For maybeizfundie's question "are they lying their heads off or just stupid?", I'm guessing it's both.

I don't even want to click on that website and give it traffic.

Instead, I'll just refer to the Song of Songs (aka Song of Solomon).

Chapter 1, verses 5 and 6:

I am black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

Look not upon me, that I am swarthy, that the sun hath tanned me

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt3001.htm

It's clear from the Hebrew that the feminine form of black ("shechora") is used, so the speaker is female.

Then, in Chapter 5, verse 10:

My beloved is white and ruddy, pre-eminent above ten thousand.

Here, the Hebrew words are in the masculine form, indicating that the woman is referring to her lover.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt3005.htm

So there you have it, folks. The Bible itself, in its most powerful and explicit love poem, clearly features an interracial couple.

Only the two oldest universities in the world (Timbuktu and Al Akhbar), not to mention that smelting metals and producing bricks and the wheel were probably invented in Africa. Ruins? Obviously this person has never heard of Ethiopia or Zimbabwe or Mali or Ghana or etc etc etc.... Those stupid names for Africa were promulgated to support colonialism and the slave trade. Wow, long time since I've read such ignorance. These kinds of crazy lies make me question my support for free speech. Somebody needs to handslap this nasty person and sentence her to at least a year of intensive study of world history (real history, not just US history which is all I learnt in elementary and high school in the US).

The day she can find me an example of a 'pure' specimen of any given race, that is the day I will read her ridiculous drivel. Ten years ago I read a study that found that the majority of African Americans, and 20% of "white" americans, were products of recent (as in the last 500 years) miscegenation. Plus we all came from Africa originally.

I'm guessing she's one of those people who think Africa is just one homogenous country not a diverse group of different cultures.

And in the few places where the bible does ban cross cultural marriage, it's clear that this is not because of race, but because God didn't want Israel to worship the pagan gods the women of the other cultures might have been worshiping.

I dug around on that awful website...the Faith and Heritage and Nathan Strickland appears to be the owner and founder of the website. Is this the same Nathan Strickland that I have heard about elsewhere on Free Jinger? Does anyone here know the circles he runs in? He is an open Kinist but if I am not mistaken he is in Vision Forum circles/Botkin circles. Anyone know?

That's what I was wondering too. I am *sure* that name has come up here before, just don't know where.

Also, because I didn't read the About section first, I didn't realize that it is pretty much the whole purpose of the website to promulgate this stuff. I was thinking it was one article among many different issues, but looking through it almost all of it comes down to racial issues in the end. And the About section states very clearly that racial separation is basically the main issue for these people.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I need to go find a clue by four to smack this guy with.

You still end up seeing the word miscegenation in academic contexts, but that's only because there's not always a practical work-around. Even then, it's used mainly to describe historic sociological trends, and not to describe present day situations. Sort of how 'mulatto' will still be used to describe the 'tragic mulatto' archetype or historic cultural trends (but certainly NOT to describe someone sitting in class!).

However, to use miscegenation in a present day, non-academic context is...well...damn. That's a plate full of special snowflake served up with a side of idiot and douche canoe sauce. It's always so painfully clear that these people have never studied one iota of actual history or sociology. If they did, they'd realize how impossible it is to divide people into racial categories. It's like they think people divided up into a handful of separate groups thousands of year ago, and never ever ever ever overlapped until the evil 20th century began. Really? Really?

This. Africa is the frickin' cradle of human civilization, FFS.

Plus we all came from Africa originally.
Oh, you sillies. EVERYONE knows that God created us right where he wanted to 5000 years ago, and he put his whitey tighty favorites right in the middle of Europe and had them immediately start building cathedrals and universities and such (let's ignore the whole Catholic/Holy Roman Empire part of that history, because it's terribly inconvenient). That "out of Africa" stuff is only for those poor, benighted atheist folks who actually believe that nonsense about evolution...

:roll: :angry-screaming:

Note: I wanted to add a facepalm, but it must be Friday, because I couldn't find it, even though I looked through everything like three times. Sigh...

Miscegenation - lol That ship sailed and sank.

I'm Black, but I sunburn quite easily and my dad, well, I lose him in a room of old White men. :? :lol:

Shush you guys! That's your evolution talking. We all came from the blond haired, blue eyed man and woman created by the creator somewhere in the Middle East!

A little warning next time, please. I was eating and that link ruined my lunch. Maybe a good thing to lose weight with but a bad thing to never want to eat again.

I am feeling very hateful towards those people. As a white woman I want to smack the shit out of them. As part Native American I want to smack the shit out them. As an Aunt and Great Aunt to mixed race children I want to rip their heads off verbally and tell them that they need to sit down and pray before reading the bible so they can understand what the bible has to say. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

sorry for ruining your lunch. :(

Myself, I have a stomachache.

White mom to "brown" children, so I am guilty of this "terrible sin". :s

I'm only replying to say I can't even form a coherent response to that kind of blatant racism, how it makes me feel. It's so wrong that, well, have you seen the episode of South Park where Cartman saw the people with butts for faces, and he didn't find it funny because it broke his internal funny meter? Well this kind of racism overloads my bull-shit meter and my anger meter and just makes me feel numb, and not in a good way, like in the way that I know something is so wrong that I can't feel the depth of the wrongness because it's too severe.

They may as well be calling black people single-cell organisms without brains and who are worth even less, while claiming to be Christians.

Archived