IGNORED

Which one of you made this? Faux Maxwell Pinterest

Jessica

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my... I have a feeling Steve will be busy pinning this weekend... thanks for all the great additions!!

I am still looking at it and am laughing so hard I am crying! Sooooo funny. And you know he'll find it because we all know he reads here. Wonder how he plans to address that one?

That's awesome.

(But I must say I *DO* love some of the doily ideas! I'd totes make myself a journal cover like one on there with burlap and a doily!)

Please post the masturbation one, I wanna see how many fundies take it seriously.

Some humbly submitted possibilities for the "Cleanliness" section:

bible-soap.gif

Hope-Soap-on-a-Rope.jpg

il_fullxfull.333718895.jpg

111205_longman_115.jpg

soap2.jpg

fitted.jpg?1281659202

Well, maybe not the last one . . . :oops: ;)

And, for another category:

cartoon1.jpg

The masturbation one - can't contain laughter.

I bet they have a copy inside each one of their bathrooms.

OT, but I wonder what they teach their sons about morning... "stiffness".... Is that due to sin, too?

Oh my... I have a feeling Steve will be busy pinning this weekend... thanks for all the great additions!!

O mon dieu! You are AMAZING! This is sooo funny!!! Definitely won the webz for the day!

:clap: Brilliant.

In one section (Keepers at Home, I think) there is a "fun" punishment chart for kids to see the consequences of their actions. I was horrified/sickly fascinated by this, so I googled it, and it turns out fundies/fundie-lites loooove to make them.

This example is particularly shocking:

cafemom.com/journals/read/1116651/Our_If_Then_Chart

You'll notice little brown sticks in the consequences section. Teasing gets 3 brown sticks, hitting 4, lying 5, etc. Hmmm, I wonder what those "sticks" could symbolize... :? :cry:

ETA: I apologize if this is old news, I'm not a big follower of the Maxwells, but it looks like the Maxwells make the template of these charts and sell them to people. The maker of the one above had this to say:

If they are, they're copying off someone else. I used to have one of these. It's from a company called Doorposts.

doorposts.com/details.aspx?id=14

Sorry to say that I bought the black and white one and let my babies color it before putting it on the wall. :oops:

ETA: I think those "sticks" look like bacon. Wouldn't that be awesome? "For disobedience, you get more work, and 3 pieces of bacon".

I assume that the Maxwells have permission to sell the chart. They don't make it. That company (Doorposts) has all kinds of stuff you guys would love. I wonder if I still have my 30 page "Daily Checklist for Wives"?

ETA: Oh, oops! It's 119 pages! :o

doorposts.com/details.aspx?id=2

edited one more time to break the link the right way :oops:

:evil: It even has the same colour scheme. I know the Maxwells admit to not having any imagination, but seriously? After all that crap they post about copyright?

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. :roll:

:? OK, I keep trying to break the link by removing the http, and it keeps showing back up. Is there a secret trick to it? :oops:

:? OK, I keep trying to break the link by removing the http, and it keeps showing back up. Is there a secret trick to it? :oops:

Take out the www as well so it's just 'titus2.com' or whatever, that way the link is broken.

Whenever I see that name "Titus2" my mind replaces it with "Tight-ass2"... Can't think why...

Take out the www as well so it's just 'titus2.com' or whatever, that way the link is broken.

Ah, thank you! I'm new at this, obviously. 8-)

Whenever I see that name "Titus2" my mind replaces it with "Tight-ass2"... Can't think why...

I always read it as "tit us."

Guest Anonymous
:evil: It even has the same colour scheme. I know the Maxwells admit to not having any imagination, but seriously? After all that crap they post about copyright?

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. :roll:

titus2.com/ecommerce/products/prod_listing.php/8130

They state that they sell but did not personally create the chart. It is one Teri found useful to help her know how many times to beat her kids, when she was too depressed to think for herself... :naughty:

That Doorposts site is a goldmine of snark material. Check out: doorposts.com/details.aspx?id=51

The Goldie Doll Kit is a doll-and-Bible-study kit that teaches young ladies about true, godly beauty. In the style of the traditional "topsy-turvy" doll, 12-inch-tall Goldie has two personalities! Turn her one way and she’s a pretty young lady. Flip her over and she becomes a pig with a gold ring in her nose.

That Doorposts site is a goldmine of snark material. Check out: doorposts.com/details.aspx?id=51

:shock: I thought that was a joke til I went to the link. Nope. It really does become a pig when you flip it. It even comes with a Bible study/workbook (also sold separately! doorposts.com/details.aspx?id=53 ).

The next part is what got to me:

Use "Goldie" as a playful reminder of godly beauty by displaying the doll with whichever personality best matches her owner's behavior throughout the day.

Very playful. :roll:

Archived