IGNORED

Michael Courage Bradrick

Want More Babies

The bottom line is that this woman is going to die or have a bleed that will render her an invalid if she does not give her body a break. My guess is that they wouldn't even if counseled to do so by her physicians. There have been recorded cases in my church of people who believed that "God wanted me to have another" and died during birth. So pointless.

Peter wears his quiver like a badge of honor and he has done almost nothing other than impregnate his wife. Kids should not be status symbols.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly Bradrick, in case you ever read here:

Two words. Depo Provera. He will never know. Take care of yourself, save your own life, and be around to be a Mom to the "blessings" you already have. They need you more than another sibling. Think about it.

I mean this kindly.

Guest Anonymous
The bottom line is that this woman is going to die or have a bleed that will render her an invalid if she does not give her body a break. My guess is that they wouldn't even if counseled to do so by her physicians. There have been recorded cases in my church of people who believed that "God wanted me to have another" and died during birth. So pointless.

Peter wears his quiver like a badge of honor and he has done almost nothing other than impregnate his wife. Kids should not be status symbols.

Oh, are you back again? Haven't you flounced amid a flurry of hand slapping and scolding a couple of times now?

Oh, are you back again? Haven't you flounced amid a flurry of hand slapping and scolding a couple of times now?

Shit, which one is this? I can't keep them all straight...

Guest Anonymous

Shit, which one is this? I can't keep them all straight...

This is Lina's BFF, wife of "gay marriage is like marrying your toaster" handcuff.

**ETA: She thinks we're all meeeeean - unless she's snarking, then it's totes cool.

**Son of an ETA: Since you got Lina a wedding gift, did you get her a shower gift for her (I speculate) suspiciously large pre-term baby?

**Edited to make it clear that I'm stating an opinion and not a fact. And for fuck you. I'm going to stop adding stuff now. Probably.

This is Lina's BFF, wife of "gay marriage is like marrying your toaster" handcuff.

**ETA: She thinks we're all meeeeean - unless she's snarking, then it's totes cool.

**Son of an ETA: Since you got Lina a wedding gift, did you get her a shower gift for her nine pound preemie, too?

Cool, I thought it was handcuffs wife, but I wasn't sure and couldn't remember any other details about her. All the annoying whiners are starting to melt together, y'know?

I've read that wicked little screed on child training on other fundie sites before, but had no idea it was penned by Petey's mom. I can't help but feel a bit sorry for the guy now. I wonder if gentle, nurturing parenting might have decreased his douche factor just a smidge. And his poor babies - we know he is following his parents' lead on this.

Nah, they're saving that name for their next kid! :D

*giggle snort* :lol:

I don't feel a bit sorry for Kelly Bradrick. She knew what she was getting herself into and took it for all it was worth. The whole royal wedding shit was disgusting (I don't think I've seen a single fundie wedding quite to the level that hers was), and she was old enough to say "no" to Peter "sippy-cup" Bradrick. AND she could actually still say "no" to him if she just would. She seems to enjoy her ride on the Fundie Float and perpetuates it by posting random stupid "I love motherhood" statements on FB whenever she can. She isn't someone to feel sorry for.

What is the name of their blog? I can find the parents', but not theirs.

I don't think they have a blog. But both of them post stupid stuff on their Facebook pages from time to time.

So the Brown kids are all adopted? I wonder if any have searched for their birth parents? I kind of doubt it given the environment but one can hope.

Grandpa Brown's posted pictures of Courage the Cowardly Dog:

scottbrownonline.com/my-latest-grandson/

So the Brown kids are all adopted? I wonder if any have searched for their birth parents? I kind of doubt it given the environment but one can hope.

They are all adopted, yes. And it would appear that Blair and David are natural siblings -- they look very similar. I've wondered if they of Native American heritage -- there's something about their features (and also of Deborah's, the mom) that sort of look that way to me, but I can't put my finger on it. And Kelly is obviously not a natural blonde so perhaps her genetics are also Native American? Claudia, the youngest, doesn't really look like any of the rest of them, at least not to me. But I think for sure Blair and David share some genes, and maybe Kelly, too.

I just had a look at his blog. Good heavens. The video here really weirded me out: http://scottbrownonline.com/plant-it-in-victory/

Holy shit! They are such lunatics. That's exactly what I wanted MY boys to be doing at that age -- using guns and fantasizing about stabbing an enemy with a bayonet. And throwing a grenade into a fox hole. Who's fucking idea do you suppose THAT was? I'm guessing it was Petey's. Scott seems like a sissy to me.

Or worse. Please, universe, don't let this be another Yates thing.

(Edit to make things a little clearer)

I think her health will do her in first. My mom got seriously ill after three kids in less than 4 years, BUT my mom was smart enough to take it as a warning and stop. I wish that Kelly hadn't been so brainwashed and controlled, so she could have stopped after the last pregnancy.

Can someone please explain all the wires and the head-band type thing in Michael's, ahem, COURAGE's, picture on Scott's blog? Poor little guy :(

Also, I hope I followed the rules for posting pictures. Please let me know.

My guess is that he was early (at only 5 lbs.) so they are monitoring his respiration in NICU. And the thing on his head is probably a protective blindfold so when he is under the jaundice lights his eyes aren't damaged. Not sure what the wire/tube is that is taped to his chin.

Holy shit! They are such lunatics. That's exactly what I wanted MY boys to be doing at that age -- using guns and fantasizing about stabbing an enemy with a bayonet. And throwing a grenade into a fox hole. Who's fucking idea do you suppose THAT was? I'm guessing it was Petey's. Scott seems like a sissy to me.

Seriously that is one crazy jingoistic blog. God, the flag, and war, war, WAR!

ETA: ...but I just couldn't stop clicking. Anyway, turns out that Mr. Brown is into the pushups thing, and also links to a blog called "The Art of Manliness" which recommends using a standing desk for health. (Interestingly enough, the one standing desk user in my office is... a woman. But hey! Manvotionals! I'm gonna have to read this thing...)

It looks like the majority of the wires are EKG wires (the thin red, black, and white). The tubing on his right looks like IV tubing going to his right arm. The headband is eye protection--it looks like he's getting UV light treatment for his bilirubin, and babies need eye protection for that like you would going to a tanning bed (I think on the side it says "NeoSun"). I don't know what the wire ending in a silver sticky on his stomach and I'm not sure about the tube in his mouth, but I think it's probably a tube going down to his stomach? I don't think it's a breathing tube though.

They're probably using the EKG wires and another wire to monitor his breathing and heart rate, which is not uncommon in the NICU. They may have wanted the IV so they could give medication for controlling his blood sugar. Lots of babies get UV light treatment for high bilirubins. It does look like a lot is going on, but it doesn't look (to me anyway--but maybe some NICU nurses would know better) like anything worse than they've already stated is happening. A lot of it looks like extra monitoring or treatment for problems which will most likely be temporary (blood sugar will probably stabilize, bilirubin will probably drop).

Aren't bayonetting and grenade-throwing kinda World-War-Two-ey? If Tri & K.D. are gonna be US soldier someday they're gonna need to know about .... oh, wait.

This is really pretty instructive, y'know: The patriarchial/theonomic/dominionist folks seem to be training their boys in the art of old war. TPTB in the government will want to be aware that militiae are prepped for hand-to-hand combat, eh? :?

As to Scott Brown and sissy-ness...I have a bit of a hard time imagining a straight guy who would enjoy Deborah's fabulous, fierce hair as she wears it -- but that's just me, and the shallow depth of my friend pool. I don't know many think-outside-the-box straight guys. :lol:

And no, I'm not saying gays are sissy. Just FTR. ;)

Aren't bayonetting and grenade-throwing kinda World-War-Two-ey? If Tri & K.D. are gonna be US soldier someday they're gonna need to know about .... oh, wait.

This is really pretty instructive, y'know: The patriarchial/theonomic/dominionist folks seem to be training their boys in the art of old war. TPTB in the government will want to be aware that militiae are prepped for hand-to-hand combat, eh? :?

As to Scott Brown and sissy-ness...I have a bit of a hard time imagining a straight guy who would enjoy Deborah's fabulous, fierce hair as she wears it -- but that's just me, and the shallow depth of my friend pool. I don't know many think-outside-the-box straight guys. :lol:

And no, I'm not saying gays are sissy. Just FTR. ;)

Aw man, you know some unimaginative guys! That's exactly what my hair is like, and I'm going to wear it all fierce as long as I can. My partner loves it!

MamaJunebug, as so often, you hit the nail on the head. Bayoneting in 2012?

Grenades I can sorta go with. But watching for IEDs would make far more sense, of he actually wanted them to be soldiers. As the IRA pointed out, the side with the explosives only needs to be lucky once, you need to be lucky all the time. But there are spotting techniques for IEDs, which are more useful for modern day warfare.

I also wondered about the sniper in the foxhole. Must have made it a bit tough for him or her (there have been some excellent female snipers). Snipers nowadays are often in urban warfare situations and at any rate tend to need high, defensible positions. Low isn't good, because it throws off your aim and makes it hard to see threats coming and defend yourself.

Archived