IGNORED

A Horse Trough....The Only Way To Get To Heaven, Y'all!

Sprocket

Seriously, no pool could be found? They couldn't gather around someone's whirlpool tub for two minutes? Really... a horse trough? I've seen it all now.

jgqxaa.jpg

Well, obviously. It's one of them "cowboy churches".

I bet they bought it specifically for the purpose. :p

Well, obviously. It's one of them "cowboy churches".

I bet they bought it specifically for the purpose. :p

see the price tag still on it?

If I ever get baptised, I hope it's by the two gay cowboys from Brokeback Mountain.

*sigh*

The many purposes of a horse trough. Some women give birth in them and now you can get saved in them too.

...And She's Buying a Horse Trough to Heaven....

...no, doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

...And She's Buying a Horse Trough to Heaven....

...no, doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

As a country kid I have washed off and swam in a few horse troughs in my time but never have been baptized in one. But then again I have seen baptisms in horse troughs that looked like this one minus the dirty water. http://www.beefmaster-ranch.com/wordpre ... -drinking/ When you live in an arid part of the world one can not afford to fill up a huge pool or even find water. You gotta do what you gotta do.

The many purposes of a horse trough. Some women give birth in them and now you can get saved in them too.

Eventually they'll figure out you can save the baby while it's being born in one of those.

Oh I feel terrible now. One of our neighbor churches bought a "horse trough" and decorated and uses it for adult baptisms. They did paint it and put a gathered cloth around it and removed the price tag.

Oh I feel terrible now. One of our neighbor churches bought a "horse trough" and decorated and uses it for adult baptisms. They did paint it and put a gathered cloth around it and removed the price tag.

Yeah, but they aren't doing it in its bare state with construction going on in the background.

Yeah, but they aren't doing it in its bare state with construction going on in the background.

I don't think that's construction, I think that's just their church. There is a cross on the wall behind the platform, and one of the cowboy hat dudes seems to be setting up sound equipment on the stage.

I thought one was meant to remove ones hat in church :?

At least she's not giving birth in it! (and then returning it like mangomama http://www.drunkenhousewife.com/2006/11 ... ndals.html)

I actually shrieked "EWWWWW!" out loud after reading this. Really? Just....REALLY? I really hope someone forwards that to Home Depot and they stop accepting them.

I dunno how I feel about the horse trough thing. I'm all for simple baptisms but... come on.. how about a ceramic clawfoot tub? A pond in a nice garden?

At least it's not a Spongebob inflatable kiddie pool.... although on some level I'd almost prefer that.

This just looks so.. unimportant. Thrown together. "Take the hat off, wipe the cow poop from your boots, and let's get you saved!" Maybe it's a Catholic thing making me think baptism should be granted a degree of solemnity.

I actually shrieked "EWWWWW!" out loud after reading this. Really? Just....REALLY? I really hope someone forwards that to Home Depot and they stop accepting them.

I dunno how I feel about the horse trough thing. I'm all for simple baptisms but... come on.. how about a ceramic clawfoot tub? A pond in a nice garden?

At least it's not a Spongebob inflatable kiddie pool.... although on some level I'd almost prefer that.

This just looks so.. unimportant. Thrown together. "Take the hat off, wipe the cow poop from your boots, and let's get you saved!" Maybe it's a Catholic thing making me think baptism should be granted a degree of solemnity.

I was baptised at 18 in a kiddie pool :dance: Being an Anglican church, it didn't have a built-in baptism pool. At least the water wasn't cold!

Being a seaside parish, we did sometimes have baptisms in the sea.

"You might be a redneck if..."

Nah, we use flatbed pickup trucks lined with a tarp and filled with water.. :lol:

Nah, we use flatbed pickup trucks lined with a tarp and filled with water.. :lol:

A flatbed is just that: flat.

I bet it's difficult to make a tarpfull of water stand up on it's own.

I've been to a Baptism where they used one of those. It wasn't an even remotely fundy OR cowboy church. They just didn't have a baptismal in their building and it was the only transportable thing they could get that was deep enough and wasn't a cheesy, bright blue inflatable pool.

I've been to a Baptism where they used one of those. It wasn't an even remotely fundy OR cowboy church. They just didn't have a baptismal in their building and it was the only transportable thing they could get that was deep enough and wasn't a cheesy, bright blue inflatable pool.

Me too. Well, the church was actually somewhat fundie, but it wasn't at all a cowboy church - in fact quite the opposite - very trendy and hip.

You can turn them into a swimming pool too. Before my great-grandfather passed away, he lived in a nursing home in a super small town in South Dakota (think 1000 people in the whole town. Maybe even less than 1000.) The only hotel in town had a giant water trough type thing for their pool.

y.

Hahahaaaa... I can see it now,,,, a new sign at the checkout, right under "All checks require Drivers License numbers" ... "No tub returns accepted if placental proteins have been present in it at any time."

A flatbed is just that: flat.

I bet it's difficult to make a tarpfull of water stand up on it's own.

Oops! I forgot to delete the work flatbed. I meant just a pickup truck. That's what I get for trying to do too many things at once. Anyway, this is what I was referring to...a redneck swimming pool:

funnypicture1196566469.jpg

Archived