IGNORED

Richard Leakey: Evolution Debate Soon Will Be History

doggie

This is somewhat interesting but he is as delusional as any fundy if he thinks he can change their minds. I mean You can't convince them the world is round or the earth orbits the sun. Plus we see fundies like the duggers don't want ot learn anything but what some fruitcate like gothard will teach them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/2 ... 48766.html

NEW YORK -- Richard Leakey predicts skepticism over evolution will soon be history.

Not that the avowed atheist has any doubts himself.

Sometime in the next 15 to 30 years, the Kenyan-born paleoanthropologist expects scientific discoveries will have accelerated to the point that "even the skeptics can accept it."

I think that god himself could come up to some of the fundies, slap them in the face and say, "evolution happened, deal with it", and they still wouldn't believe it.

I think that god himself could come up to some of the fundies, slap them in the face and say, "evolution happened, deal with it", and they still wouldn't believe it.

nope and they would break out gods windows. The only thing that would do it is some fundy god type leader saying it is so then they would listen.

He is very naive.

There are a fair amount of Christians that will believe as it really becomes mainstream. But the Dugger type Jesus rode a dinosaur types no way.

I am a Leakey fangirl :bow-blue: but this debate won't be ending anytime soon. I wish he were right.

I agree; he lives in a bubble of non-fundies.

Perhaps he lives in one of those areas where the only people with even remotely fundy beliefs are the elderly.

Considering how many people threw a hissy fit when Bill Nye (the Science Guy) said that we now know the Bible was wrong in describing the Moon as a light source, I think this is wishful thinking.

Considering how many people threw a hissy fit when Bill Nye (the Science Guy) said that we now know the Bible was wrong in describing the Moon as a light source, I think this is wishful thinking.

What?!?!

Seriously. There are, like, three people you just don't fuck with- 1) Mr. Rogers, 2) Bob Ross, and 3) Bill Nye. Maybe add in the women from Golden Girls...

What?!?!

Seriously. There are, like, three people you just don't fuck with- 1) Mr. Rogers, 2) Bob Ross, and 3) Bill Nye. Maybe add in the women from Golden Girls...

Back in 2006, Nye was giving a talk in Waco, Texas. (Of course it would be Texas). He gave the example of how we can't limit our understanding of the world to the literal word of the bible, and gave the example of how Genesis 1:16 says "God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars." But we now know that the Moon is not a "light" but a reflector of light. People got offended and walked out. :roll:

Back in 2006, Nye was giving a talk in Waco, Texas. (Of course it would be Texas). He gave the example of how we can't limit our understanding of the world to the literal word of the bible, and gave the example of how Genesis 1:16 says "God made two great lights--the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars." But we now know that the Moon is not a "light" but a reflector of light. People got offended and walked out. :roll:

Sigh...even Obi Wan Kenobi cannot save us.

As far as I'm concerned, there *is* no debate. Evolution is a fact; some deluded people just won't accept it yet.

As Tim Minchin put it, the people who say "Evolution is only a theory" are great, because gravity is a theory, too, so maybe they'll just float away ^_^

Archived