They're probably trying to make her look as young as possible for potential mates, since her quiver-filling years are wasting away.

She's a presant! All wrapped up and ready to be delivered to a husband. :D

:evil:

Darn it, you beat me to it.

Don't know about that but at this rate Anna Maries baby is going to walk right out of the womb and be ready right away for Bible Study.

The way they've got the Bible displayed on the mantle piece behind them, anyone would think it was their idol

:whistle:

Wait, are they posing in a church?

No no, that's their lounge.

I'm surprised no mention of Memorial Day in the post. Last year didn't they pay tribute to both the war dead and aborted babies? You did know Memorial Day was begun to honor aborted babies as well as war dead, didn't you?

The way they've got the Bible displayed on the mantle piece behind them, anyone would think it was their idol

:whistle:

Second only to Steve himself. :roll:

Anna Marie's baby is going to be ready for it's own chore pack and collectors edition of Moody books by the time it comes out. She's huge! Bigger than I was at 41 weeks 5 days when I finally went into labour with #2.

It looks as though the mantle is decorated for Christmas.

I thought so, too! Odd -- all the pine garland, right?

I don't think it's fair to snark on NR-Anna for how big her tummy is. You just can't help how big you get. And she's more than a week overdue (although who knows when the photo was taken). I do think it's odd they positioned the pregnant gals like bookends, though. I'm not sure how else I would have done it, though.

I think it's cute too. Only not on a 30 year old woman. It'd look much cuter on Abby or Bethany, but if Sarah MUST wear that style of headband, her hair should be pulled up in a messy bun or curly ponytail. The straight lifeless hair doesn't look good on her anyway.

I don't think it's fair to snark on NR-Anna for how big her tummy is. You just can't help how big you get. And she's more than a week overdue (although who knows when the photo was taken).

Agreed. Also, those shapeless maternity dresses are guaranteed to make you look huge. I got rid of all the maternity clothes people gave me that didn't hug the whole bump, because they made me look about 8 weeks farther along than I actually was.

I feel a twinge of cringe/sympathy when I see Sarah's hairpiece. Those 1980s concoctions have circulated for far too long in conservative Christian circles, I think because they're seen as particularly feminine and therefore flattering. I shudder when I see 15-year-old photos of myself wearing similar things. :oops: Too bad that Sarah's still wearing them! I hope she's allowed to buy something new soon—you know, with that money she makes from her books that I'm sure goes into her very own bank account. :roll:

Agreed. Also, those shapeless maternity dresses are guaranteed to make you look huge. I got rid of all the maternity clothes people gave me that didn't hug the whole bump, because they made me look about 8 weeks farther along than I actually was.

I feel a twinge of cringe/sympathy when I see Sarah's hairpiece. Those 1980s concoctions have circulated for far too long in conservative Christian circles, I think because they're seen as particularly feminine and therefore flattering. I shudder when I see 15-year-old photos of myself wearing similar things. :oops: Too bad that Sarah's still wearing them! I hope she's allowed to buy something new soon—you know, with that money she makes from her books that I'm sure goes into her very own bank account. :roll:

LOL about the big baggie maternity clothes. When I was pregnant with my first (he's 12, so this was 1999), my sister had given me a maternity bathing suit so I could continue to participate in water aerobics. That thing was as big as a ship's sail and dragged through the water like a bag of rocks! I wore it ONE TIME, then went to Costco and just bought a regular one-piece suit in a couple sizes larger than I normally wear. It was my first experience showing off my baby bump in such clear form, but I wore that normal suit up until 2 days before I delivered and felt great in it.

And the headbands are new for Sarah, which it what makes it even more sad. This is her trying to adorn herself after all these 30 years. Poor Sarah.

I thought so, too! Odd -- all the pine garland, right?

I don't think it's fair to snark on NR-Anna for how big her tummy is. You just can't help how big you get. And she's more than a week overdue (although who knows when the photo was taken). I do think it's odd they positioned the pregnant gals like bookends, though. I'm not sure how else I would have done it, though.

Oh, I wasn't snarking on Anna Marie. I think she looks gorgeous, healthy and glowing. It's bloody uncomfortable getting that far overdue, I feel for her. She's lucky it's her first and she isn't chasing round a toddler.

Is that Melanie wearing pants?!

I think it's just the way her skirt is sitting.

I'm just 3 years shy of Sarah, and I wear headbands with flowers at least half the week. They aren't pastel yellow, though. When I got my hair permed and cut on my birthday I found headbands the best way to keep the hair out of my face. And while on basically every day I suffer from Looking-Years-Younger-Than-I-Am-But-Not-Old-Enough-To-Appreciate-It-Syndrome just because of my huge baby cheeks, I don't find they make me look any more younger. I get compliments on them a lot, as well.

I have one similar in style to this only with bright, multi color splotches instead of a floral print:

http://www.claires.com/store/goods/Teen ... -Headband/

And one like this only the flowers are a bit smaller and there are three of them:

http://www.claires.com/store/goods/Teen ... -Headband/

I also have one with feathers and a plain silver and a plain copper one. I wear them when at hat is too dressed down or to work (where hats aren't allowed but your hair needs to be out of your face).

I really think the only problem with Sarah's headband is that it's pastel yellow. Fundies seem to use pastels to make women seem younger/innocent/naive which is one reason why I have an aversion to it and rarely wear it.

I'm just 3 years shy of Sarah, and I wear headbands with flowers at least half the week. They aren't pastel yellow, though. When I got my hair permed and cut on my birthday I found headbands the best way to keep the hair out of my face. And while on basically every day I suffer from Looking-Years-Younger-Than-I-Am-But-Not-Old-Enough-To-Appreciate-It-Syndrome just because of my huge baby cheeks, I don't find they make me look any more younger. I get compliments on them a lot, as well.

\

i'm only a year younger than Sarah and i wear headbands pretty frequently. even ones with flowers on them! i have chin length VERY fine straight hair. It really doesn't "do" much since it's so fine, so i try and dress it up with a headband. Of course, I don't combine my headband wearage with jean jumpers and crap, so i think that helps.

Archived