IGNORED

Advice to a young bride, Fundie syle.

tabitha2

Marriage defined is...two sinners living together trying to teach younger sinners not to sin." -Amanda

"I will forgive you/will you forgive me are the most important words." -Abi

"Always give your husband the best. Don't let your helpfulness/busyness to others take away from giving him 100%." -Marge

"Feed him well." -Leah

"Your husband is vastly {at least most likely is} different than your dad. Keep that in mind."-Dianne

"Have fun. There are times to be serious, yes, but learn to laugh...it'll get you through a lot."-Amanda

"Years down the road...remember the little things that made you fall in love with him." -

From Anna Beasleys Blog.The 'lucky' girl is her soon to be SIL I believe.

Leah, Dianne, and Amanda #2 offer fairly practical advice. The others...meh.

Diane and Amanda #2 did good, I think.

"Your husband is vastly {at least most likely is} different than your dad. Keep that in mind."-Dianne

This is one I totally don't get. They are always making comparisons between fathers and husbands. It must be the whole "umbrella of protection" kind of thing. Why can't they be seen as two different people? Awhile back, I was talking to a not-so-fundie evangelical friend who was saying she found the first year of marriage challenging, because her husband was so different from her father. I totally didn't get that. I have a good relationship with my father, but I have never compared him to my husband.

To these girls your father was the most important, most influential man in your life-you learn his habits, his likes and dislikes from birth, what makes him angry, happy and lean on him for almost everything-you might say he is a mini God or at least Gods rep. Now you have another man who is now all that and you have to learn to make him happy all those ways plus sexually...and he may be the total opposite in all the above.

This is one I totally don't get. They are always making comparisons between fathers and husbands. It must be the whole "umbrella of protection" kind of thing. Why can't they be seen as two different people? Awhile back, I was talking to a not-so-fundie evangelical friend who was saying she found the first year of marriage challenging, because her husband was so different from her father. I totally didn't get that. I have a good relationship with my father, but I have never compared him to my husband.

If you've been a SAHD whose focus in life is to meet her father's every wish, and never spent much time around guys outside your family, I can see why that would be a hard and shocking thing. They've oriented their dress, hairstyle, habits, and everyday routine after what their father wants. Now they are supposed to change all of that to a man whom they probably don't even know very well. Confusion might very well set in.

Marriage defined is...two sinners living together trying to teach younger sinners not to sin." -Amanda

Wouldn't two sinners be the least qualified to teach not sinning? :think:

That last sentence, wasn't that what that loathsome senator from Wisconsin advised battered women to do?

Grothman? Yes. yes yes. In a county full of old white Catholics and young douchebags, that man is well loved and revered as wise.

He also is 60 something and still lives with his mother and is a virgin. Perfect type to have an opinion on birth control and marriage.

*Note* I am not kidding.

Wouldn't two sinners be the least qualified to teach not sinning? :think:

I thought it was unintentionally quite funny, but I do understand what she's saying: Everyone sins.

Grothman? Yes. yes yes. In a county full of old white Catholics and young douchebags, that man is well loved and revered as wise.

He also is 60 something and still lives with his mother and is a virgin. Perfect type to have an opinion on birth control and marriage.

*Note* I am not kidding.

Yep. This is the state our state is in. :cry:

It's good advice.

Of course, it should be accompanied by advice to the young groom that the wife is different from his mother!

I believe what she means is in realtion to these daughters being sahd, and catering to their father's every household whim as he is the one orchestrating their single life. The did everything at single that was the way their father had set it up. Now married their husband gets to decide how he wants orchastrate her life, as in what she can and what she can't do, and how she will do it all.

I think the father quote is creepy.

Anna seems so keen on marriage. I wonder if she'll get married.

Who is the new addition to her family?

Ok, from a psych standpoint I get the whole "your husband's not your father" thing. However, there's something incredibly squicky about the way the fundies do it!

Archived