IGNORED

I bet Gothard is pissed off

formergothardite

Nice one!

(plus extra characters to meet the minimum...)

Just having a look through the various sections of their site, and it really is a fascinating organisation that I hadn't actually heard of before. Good on them for trying to help others see the light!

I bet that its already on the internet filter that the kids have access too. I'd suspect that ATI has a list of sites for the parents to filter out lest their children see anything that defrauds them.

I imagine that living inside the home of a Gothard family is like when I went to a repressive Middle Eastern country on business. The internet was heavily filtered, to the point that even chat programs were disabled. I'm so glad I don't have to go there again!

I bet that its already on the internet filter that the kids have access too. I'd suspect that ATI has a list of sites for the parents to filter out lest their children see anything that defrauds them.

I imagine that living inside the home of a Gothard family is like when I went to a repressive Middle Eastern country on business. The internet was heavily filtered, to the point that even chat programs were disabled. I'm so glad I don't have to go there again!

Hopefully they'll catch a few whose parents haven't heard of Recovering Grace off guard. And perhaps the less brainwashed first timers?

They must have put that up with Smuggar in mind. Right next to a sign for deep fried ranch chicken. :animals-bunnywhite:

They must have put that up with Smuggar in mind. Right next to a sign for deep fried ranch chicken. :animals-bunnywhite:

I'm surprised that he didn't take a picture of the sign yet... I hope he doesn't while he's driving.

I hope some of the Duggar leghumpers find out about that site. I predict that Gothard/ATI will be exposed to the mainstream media in the future. When that happens, I can see some people turning on the Duggars. Recovering Grace needs to hit the big media somehow. People abused by IFB churches went public on 20/20 last year. Some ex-ATI person needs to contact Dateline, 20/20 or write a book.

Seeing that honestly makes me so happy. I so so hope that some families look the website up before they hear Gothard forbid it, and that at least a few couples and their children are saved from this guilt and control and madness. Perhaps even a Duggar girl will look it up on her iPhone as they drive by.

I wonder if JimBob has taken safari off the girls phones? I've never heard of a filter or net nanny for it, but there is no way that those girls would be allowed to carry access to the entire Internet in their pockets.

I had never heard of Recovering Grace. This is awesome! I really hope that some of the kids find this and get help

Seeing that honestly makes me so happy. I so so hope that some families look the website up before they hear Gothard forbid it, and that at least a few couples and their children are saved from this guilt and control and madness. Perhaps even a Duggar girl will look it up on her iPhone as they drive by.

I wonder if JimBob has taken safari off the girls phones? I've never heard of a filter or net nanny for it, but there is no way that those girls would be allowed to carry access to the entire Internet in their pockets.

There isn't a net nanny per say for iPhones or other smartphones but I know people whose employers pay for a smartphone and the employer gets a record of all the traffic (and I think can block non-work functions and apps). Basically the user of the phone is not the administrator. I would suspect that they think the iPhones are a good PR move. Anytime anyone says the kids are repressed they can point to the iPhones. But, just because you have an iPhone doesn't indicate that you are the administrator on that phone and allowed to download whatever app or see whatever website you'd like. If I had to put money on this bet I'd say that they are seriously restricted. Afterall, with 19 kids at least one will be a rebel and decide to start telling the world about their insane family with dangerous beliefs. Its clear that only some of the kids are happy, and as they get older they appear more miserable. I think that if they truly had unfettered internet access that they'd make public some of the things the leghumpers have not believed so far.

Archived