IGNORED

Not very bright - onebrightcorner

MamaJunebug

onebrightcorner.blogspot.com/2012/05/three-generations-one-big-adventure.html

Thanks to the inimitable DomWackTroll for bringing the twin SAHDs, above, to my attention.

I'll let DWT's commentary over on Datalounge and the site speak for itself except to say: Where the bloggerina divulges with glee that she used "the '60s filter" on Picasa??? she evidently didn't live through them - or the decade before them.

But she thinks she wants to be them. Cloistered, taken-responsibility-for, able to feed the men pompously gathered on the lawn to tell a 13-year-old kid that he's now a man, while the women do the domestic thing.

The family probably don't have teevee, much less cable, so she'll never see an episode of "Mad Men" and see what it meant to generations of women who routinely served men as lessers. It's not a world she really wants. Clue: The men were even unhappier than the women.

But she'll never watch TV and she'll certainly never speak with a bitter, 60-year-old feministic Lutheran like me. *shrug* We all makes mistakes ... and some of us are none of us are none too bright ...

Can I just say... I've been the one posting about these girls on here for ages!?

Also there was a whole separate thread on this post in their blog entitled 'more fake-jewishness'.

You might want to break the link too, they don't seem to have found us here yet.

Can I just say... I've been the one posting about these girls on here for ages!?

Also there was a whole separate thread on this post in their blog entitled 'more fake-jewishness'.

You might want to break the link too, they don't seem to have found us here yet.

Indeed! I'm in your debt and have broken the link, and I'm liking you even more than usual to know that you've already made them known to us. *shudder* My excuse/explanation is that fake-jewishness currently is not high on my reading list and so I've bypassed those FJ posts.

Thanks for all you've done and do, Daenerys!

Archived