IGNORED

How christian of them.

doggie

Of course. If you are promoting anything either than the right kind of Christianity, it's indoctrination. If you are promoting the right kind of Christianity it's religious freedom. :roll:

"Professor Bradford is stupid for debating over a cross. If she does not like it, she should get another job." You mean like a job at a secular, publicly-funded university? Oh, wait ...

You know, I'm a Catholic Christian, and crosses/crucifixes/Ten Commandments/nativity scenes on private property that's going to STAY private truly warm my heart. But I'm also a strong advocate of the Constitution, and I don't want to see any of the above in public (or soon to be public) places, paid for with public funds. I see no conflict with my faith in that stance, it's extremely simple and straightforwardly constitutional. Why some Christians can't understand all this is beyond me. :doh:

Of course, to them, I'm not the right kind of Christian anyway--in fact, many of them think Catholics aren't Christian at all, so my opinion wouldn't count. :roll:

Things got so bad that Bradford asked campus police to protect her, but her requests were ignored. (The university declined to comment on the matter). According to the local paper, she later complained to Texas A&M at College Station, which allowed her to file a statement with university police on Dec. 5.

In that statement, Bradford said: “I am being stalked & harassed & threatened by student(s) & community members because I am not a Christian. There exists a clear & prolonged pattern of unwanted communication, contact, threats, & invasion of privacy.â€

If a Christian had been treated in this way, it would be headline news. Conservative Christians make the excuse that 'Real' Chrisitans would not do negative things but the problem with that excuse is that it blinds people to real problems among their members.

It really angers me that so many Conservative Christians don't give a fuck about the constitution-which is what makes our country, America- but are so war driven and patriotic. How the hell can you love America and ignore our Bill of Rights?

Archived