IGNORED

Goind to see MIB 3 tonight...

Glass Cowcatcher

And I'm really pumped. I enjoyed the first two, and I'm excited to see Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin in another movie together. I hope it does something really unique with the time-travel plot. (and totally hoping for an Aliens Invented the Flux Capacitor! shoutout :lol:)

Anybody else seen it or going to see it?

It's pretty good. I thought it was better than the second one, definitely, and there were some very funny moments.

Did you like it?

It's pretty good. I thought it was better than the second one, definitely, and there were some very funny moments.

Did you like it?

Yes I did. Probably the best of the trilogy and decent acting out of a sci-fi movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I did. Probably the best of the trilogy and decent acting out of a sci-fi movie.

awww that's mean! i love sci-fi and tend to think the acting is actually pretty good (granted before the 2000's it was better)!

I think it was much better than the 2nd one. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are perfect together! But I don't like 3D movies and especially in this movie it was unnecessary if you ask me.

I think it was much better than the 2nd one. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are perfect together! But I don't like 3D movies and especially in this movie it was unnecessary if you ask me.

I saw it in 2d. I say Hugo in 3D and that put me off. There was steam floating around in every.single.scene. that just distracted from the rest of the stuff going on and the glasses made me a bit nauseas, too.

awww that's mean! i love sci-fi and tend to think the acting is actually pretty good (granted before the 2000's it was better)!

It's not all subpar. Have you seen Sunshine? That was a terrific character study. On the whole, though, I think scriptwriters have action, not character motivation, more in mind for sci-fi movies.

It's not all subpar. Have you seen Sunshine? That was a terrific character study. On the whole, though, I think scriptwriters have action, not character motivation, more in mind for sci-fi movies.

I guess this could be true... but I guess I just generally love the genre and I'm big into lots of different movies and Sunshine is AWESOME. One of my favorite ways to refute when people say sci-fi is not about character development is Moon! But like i said, the genre went under after the 30-50's boom.

I guess this could be true... but I guess I just generally love the genre and I'm big into lots of different movies and Sunshine is AWESOME. One of my favorite ways to refute when people say sci-fi is not about character development is Moon! But like i said, the genre went under after the 30-50's boom.

Well I have found a kindred soul. :lol: Moon is great too. I also loved that the Icarus II looked like a realistically designed long-term space ship, with the garden and all.

Well I have found a kindred soul. :lol: Moon is great too. I also loved that the Icarus II looked like a realistically designed long-term space ship, with the garden and all.

yes... that movie spoke to me!! I loved it to much I literally forced my friends to watch it (yes, forced, I tricked them into coming over to drink beer and put it on... Thay had no say in the matter hah hah!). And yay! I find so few sci-fi fans, lots of horror fans (my most loved genre) but sci-fi seems to be perceived as a low class B genre and that makes me sad.

Have you seem Prometheus? I want to so bad but it doesn't come out in Venezuela until August!!

yes... that movie spoke to me!! I loved it to much I literally forced my friends to watch it (yes, forced, I tricked them into coming over to drink beer and put it on... Thay had no say in the matter hah hah!). And yay! I find so few sci-fi fans, lots of horror fans (my most loved genre) but sci-fi seems to be perceived as a low class B genre and that makes me sad.

Have you seem Prometheus? I want to so bad but it doesn't come out in Venezuela until August!!

Yes I did. I forgot to respond to your thread though.

I didn't get a chance to watch the original Alien trilogy again before I saw it, so I'm not up on how well it fits with the existing continuity, but I thought it was good. It did a pretty good job of making a movie that stood on its own, without having to see the others. The guy who played David was excellent and, damn, Charlize Theron can be an icicle when she wants to be!

A few headbangers though

Anybody who takes their helmet off on an alien planet deserves what is coming to them, and why was the medical pod only calibrated for men when it was a woman who brought it on the ship?

And, being an Alien film, a good dose of nausea fuel. 8-)

Archived