IGNORED

Memorial weekend What are your plans vs Duggars and Bates

homeschoolmomma1

I think the only reason they'd volunteer for the vetrans is so that they can get it on camera and show how "good" they are.

We don't have a long weekend here but I believe next week is the Jubilee weekend? Not that my anti-monarchy family will celebrate that :D

This weekend I'm slobbing around in my least-hot clothes and not caring if they match (including a defrauding red cami!!!), tidying and watching Eurovision.

I should be cleaning house, but its cool and overcast I lack the motivation. I'm hitting town tomorrow for an early BD dinner with a pal and assume I'll be hungover on Mon. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

I am attending many graduation parties this weekend and hopefully by monday the weather here in Cali will be warm enough to swim and have a few drinks by the pool!

Oh, and as for the Duggars and Bates...it's a sure thing they're doing NOTHING to honor veterans. They are part of that sickening group of far-righters who are always so anxious to rush to war, but equally anxious to exclude themselves from any involvement (Jesus isn't calling them in that direction, don't you know?) and who are first to raise their hands in favor of cutting veterans benefits. Kind of like George W. Bush, Sean Hannity and pretty much ANYONE at Fox News.

This times a million...

I had to work today. I don't have plans for tomorrow. Monday, my hometown has their annual parade. My niece will be marching with the middle school band. Afterward is the family barbecue, which I guess is something the Duggars and Bateses would do. My family doesn't have anywhere near that many kids, though.

Today me, my son, and my fiance went to the pool for the afternoon, shared a large Kona Shaved Ice (their Rock 'n Roll flavor) , came home and grilled (salmon, veggies, and garlic bread), and now me and my fiance are kicking back and having a drink since my son is in bed asleep.

Tomorrow I have a cake decorating class, and Monday we will be relaxing, going back over to the pool, and having a shrimp boil later on in the day 8-)

We don't have a long weekend here but I believe next week is the Jubilee weekend? Not that my anti-monarchy family will celebrate that :D

This weekend I'm slobbing around in my least-hot clothes and not caring if they match (including a defrauding red cami!!!), tidying and watching Eurovision.

Yay. Someone after my own heart. The whole family are here slobbing about watching Eurovision! (The fact it is snowing outside has discouraged us from doing anything more productive.)

I will be receiving my B.A. from an accredited college where I have spent the last four years living away from my parents or any real chaperones, an experience that no Duggar or Bates girl will ever have.

Probably going to my husband's brother's house for a party. We will drink lots of beer, and eat food.

If we weren't going there, I would host a cookout. I know the official meaning of Memorial Day (though I do wish it WERE more for "all those killed in war" and not only for specifically military veterans, but it's complicated) and yet, I also like the modern "opening day of summer" meaning. When I started to have a picnic on that day, years and years ago, part of me was very happy to celebrate such an American holiday, it's one of the "American summer holidays" to me, Memorial Day opens the summer, Fourth of July is in the middle, and then Labor Day closes it. Often I've been in parades for Labor Day, which by me is very much a labor thing. But even just having a cookout for Memorial Day, it feels very American to me.

I am now living with my mother. So I will be in full avoidance mode. Probably take the kiddo to the park! Then fire off some resumes and wander around target and dream of what my new apartment will look like (once I get a job offer)

Think so (re Jubilee). I wouldn't care, but for big events, unfortunately, the coppers start to take an interest. We're hoping that they haven't caught up with where we moved to. If they have, preventative arrest for"conspiracy to breach the peace" happens.

Not only had we never had any designs to do what we were arrested for (I am generally lawabiding) the accusations you are faced with are fucking stupid. Last time I apparently attended "a subversive meeting in a pub" with "the intent of destructive activity"

I have never attended a meeting in my LIFE devoted to destructive activity. What would this even mean? And if you were going to have one, I don't think having it in public would be a plan. *headdesk*

I have been to Trotskyist and anarcho meetings in pubs. The last one for the Trot side was discipline, which involves a talking to, not shooting. The anarchos were talking about food co-ops. OH NOEZ DESTRUCTION

Yesterday I did my grocery shopping. Last night I made a loaf of pound cake (I blame tchotkes). In a few minutes I'm leaving to go babysit my 5 month old great-niece...until 2:30 A.M. so her parents can go to the Coca-Cola 600. :o

Tomorrow I will be recovering.

Well, I was pretty stoked about the weekend myself. My boyfriend and I bought our first house, and we had planned a long weekend of plumbing and painting and gardening and general fix-uppery, along with his folks and little sister, but I had to go and ruin it on Friday. Took a step out of the garage with a bag of soil on my shoulder [i was putting in a hummingbird and butterfly garden] and gave my ankle a hell of a twist. So, I have a grade II sprain and got to show my future in-laws what I look like screaming, writhing, and cursing on the ground.

So I had to stay at the apartment in the recliner while they all worked on the house. I'm doing that right now as the future hubs makes rounds of Menard's, Lowes, and Sears for more supplies.

On the plus side, we're hitting up Texas Roadhouse for dinner tonight, so there will be food and drinks for us at least.

Archived